TEBOW signs with PHILLY

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Good luck to him. I hope he's successful. I actually hope something absolutely absurd and unimaginable occurs and by some surreal happening he achieves greatness. It would be the best story to happen to football in forever, and a total breath of fresh air. Imo the NFL is going through a far more ugly PR catastrophe than most media acknowledges and there couldn't be a more perfect time for this to happen.

I hope Zeus throws a lightening bolt his way

TheDane

Liked Posts:
No matter what...I hope they didn't sign Tim Tebow to not let him play. Tim can't be that desperate.

Oh, I think he is. He just wanted back in the league no matter what, and Eagles was the only team to give him a chance.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I used to cheer against Tebow...but mostly because his fans became sooo annoying. You know, the one's not realizing he can't throw and that Jesus Christ doesn't care about football. Tebow himself, I actually find pretty likable.

Other than the pose. As long as he attributes his failures as well as successes to the Almighty, I'm good. Either that or understand self determination as his faith intended.

I'm not a huge Chip fan but if anyone can structure and O to get the most out of Tebow, it's Kelly. Neither of them are prototypical NFL guys but may just wake things up for a bit.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The explanation I heard from an avid Eagles follower this morning is the following:

The league is going to announce that extra points are being moved into the one yard line. At that point, the belief is that there will be much more teams going for the two point conversion. Tim Tebow will be their quarterback for the two point conversions.

This is not necessarily my opinion, just passing on what I heard.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
The explanation I heard from an avid Eagles follower this morning is the following:

The league is going to announce that extra points are being moved into the one yard line. At that point, the belief is that there will be much more teams going for the two point conversion. Tim Tebow will be their quarterback for the two point conversions.

A QB for extra points, 1 for passing plays, and the other for running plays. lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True option for all of them. He's still a QB that can dump a ball for a few yards. His deep ball is better than given credit for as well. When on the run, he throws about as good as most guys do. It's the normal pocket throws that's been his downfall.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I respect him following his dreams and all, but he'll be 28 coming into the season, it might be time to go ahead and pursue that career in broadcasting that was handed to him on a silver platter by ESPN/SEC network.

I don't get the immense hate he got though; I mean by all accounts he is a nice guy whose family helped some of the poorest people on earth. I hope once/if he bombs out of camp, he'll have some peace in moving on.

I hated seeing all of the Tim Tebow talk in the media, it was quite ridiculous. I never disliked Tebow, it was the media I was sick of, like the Brett Favre retirement. The media keeps bashing us over the head with it until you stop reading/listening/watching the media or Tebow goes away.

I just hope we don't have a repeat of the media madness.

INBearFan

Liked Posts:
For all the slutshaming going on in this thread, Tebow and Chip Kelly would beat the the 2014 Bears without question.

Until our house of cards is somewhat in order again, criticizing the guy who beat the Bears when he last played against them in 2011 (and arguably kept us out of the playoffs) is pretty stupid. I wish Tebow the best of luck, and I also hope the media lays the f### off the guy so we can see if he'll be a complete flop like most expect or if he'll continue to surprise people by doing things like MAKING THE PLAYOFFS (AND WINNING). You know, something the Bears haven't had much luck with recently.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
For all the slutshaming going on in this thread, Tebow and Chip Kelly would beat the the 2014 Bears without question.

Until our house of cards is somewhat in order again, criticizing the guy who beat the Bears when he last played against them in 2011 (and arguably kept us out of the playoffs) is pretty stupid. I wish Tebow the best of luck, and I also hope the media lays the f### off the guy so we can see if he'll be a complete flop like most expect or if he'll continue to surprise people by doing things like MAKING THE PLAYOFFS (AND WINNING). You know, something the Bears haven't had much luck with recently.

May as well shut down the CCS, we are no longer allowed to talk about teams or players that the Bears themselves are not better than.

Or maybe we can keep it going to talk about the Jags, Raiders and a few miscellaneous players around the league?

Lets get this house in order! Who's with us? :sweep:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Which one is the better QB?

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwfmntljmtayn2zimtu2nwi2njg1otc0mmq2mmflmjmw-e1429543014731.jpeg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If there is a system that fits Tebow's talents, it is Kelley's. I hope the hell that he makes it if nothing else than to shut up all of the talking heads who said he has no talent and is a loser. The guy is an incredible athlete and will outwork everyone on that team.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
If there is a system that fits Tebow's talents, it is Kelley's. I hope the hell that he makes it if nothing else than to shut up all of the talking heads who said he has no talent and is a loser. The guy is an incredible athlete and will outwork everyone on that team.

The guy definitely has talent and is an amazing athlete. It just sucks for him that he's one of the worst passers I've seen in the NFL, and that all his hard work doesn't seem to be making a difference in that area.

But I respect him deeply for trying to make his NFL-dream work out.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No matter what...I hope they didn't sign Tim Tebow to not let him play. Tim can't be that desperate. If any Chip Kelly or any team signs him, you at least owe it to the guy to let him play his game his way. What a shitty storm of crappy media coverage we'll endure for the next 4.5 months if Tebow rides the bench.

Very true. Not like what that piece of shit guy with the Jets did to him.

Reactions: DC

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think that's all they want him for. Barkley is on the trade block now and the oft injured Bradford can never be relied on. I do now Tebow received a lot of coaching in his time away from the NFL and has much improved mechanics.

Can't help but admire the guy for working so hard to get back in the NFL. He could have easily taken broadcast jobs and given up on the NFL especially in light of all his detractors.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

LOL and the prize is a later pick? Less smelly farts still stink.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I think he is. He just wanted back in the league no matter what, and Eagles was the only team to give him a chance.

Sad. If that's true, so sad.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trick question.
WHICH ONE IS GOOFY?
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwfmntljmtayn2zimtu2nwi2njg1otc0mmq2mmflmjmw-e1429543014731.jpeg