TEBOW signs with PHILLY

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If anyone can find a use for him it's Chip.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which one is the better QB?

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwfmntljmtayn2zimtu2nwi2njg1otc0mmq2mmflmjmw-e1429543014731.jpeg

He's got a look on his face like he's fucking goofy or something.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
May as well shut down the CCS, we are no longer allowed to talk about teams or players that the Bears themselves are not better than.

Or maybe we can keep it going to talk about the Jags, Raiders and a few miscellaneous players around the league?

Lets get this house in order! Who's with us? :sweep:
Maybe there can be only one message board for the Superbowl champs and nobody else can talk. No basketball, no hockey, no NASCAR message boards, just one NFL MB. Some digital Highlander stuff.

Good thing the US has a monopoly on the internet or those soccer idiots would say they deserve the one true message board.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
My thoughts are 'meh'. He's currently the 5th QB on the roster. As for Chip he's won 10 games each of the last two seasons with his backup QB for over 1/2 the games (people forget Vick beat out Foles in training camp). I think Chip wants options.

Also, Chip's system is less about anticipating players getting open and more about reading the open guy. I'm not saying Tebow will succeed, but that this system somewhat doesn't ask him to do something he's been bad at. Add in that he'd probably be the best read option guy in the league and he might fit in some situations.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Double edged sword for Tebow if he makes the team and gets to start... good because he is back in the game, but awful that he is in Philly.
The Philly fans were brutal towards Mcnabb, even with a 92-49-1 record including a 9-7 playoff record in 7 playoff seasons.

Tebow will get brutalized by eagles fans if he gets on the field.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Double edged sword for Tebow if he makes the team and gets to start... good because he is back in the game, but awful that he is in Philly.
The Philly fans were brutal towards Mcnabb, even with a 92-49-1 record including a 9-7 playoff record in 7 playoff seasons.

Tebow will get brutalized by eagles fans if he gets on the field.
Again, 'meh'. Philly fans were 100% behind McNabb for a long time and things just got old. He went from being their best chance to get over the hump to a reason why they couldn't get over it. Not really that different than many franchises. Look at Cutler in Chicago. He's the best QB on the roster, but also a villian that's only value to the team is via trade.

No doubt Philly fans are hard on their sports teams, but Tebow is really a likable guy. Add in that every Christian church will be backing the guy and there will be a slight ground swell of support.

Anyway, this is more about Chip Kelly than Tim Tebow. At this time Kelly is lining up options to get the most from the position. He's not committing to anyone and with 5 QBs on the roster the Eagles are still one of the top desitnations for Marcus Mariota.

Anyway, with all other things being equal I think they have upgraded the position. Bradford is a better player than Foles, but if he goes down Kelly is building the bench strength. If, and this is a big 'IF', but IF they trade up for Mariota Kelly will get a QB he knows can run the offense and they will get him for the next 4 years on a rookie contract.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd put the guy in a lot of H-Back situations.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Again, 'meh'. Philly fans were 100% behind McNabb for a long time and things just got old.

Yep, they were 100% behind him right from the start!

[video=youtube;kBJEfmQA9q4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBJEfmQA9q4[/video]