OT: Athletics vs Royals

Liked Posts:
Who's been paying attention to this series?

It was incredibly intense with a lot of controversy starting with Lawrie's slide in game 1.

What did you think about the slide?

What did you think of Kazmir throwing at Cain and not being ejected?

What did you think of Herrera throwing at Lawrie later?

One of my take aways is that the Athletics pretended to be victims afterward. If they can't take it, don't dish it out. I also think it's stupid to issue warnings after someone is hit at the plate. It allows the aggressors to have a freebie. Also, if they're going to go to great lengths to protect catchers, they should also try to clean up the dirty plays at other bases.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
What do I think about this? I think Yordano Ventura is a nut bag. He is going to put Carlos Zambrano's antics to shame before it is all said and done IMO.

INBearFan

Liked Posts:
What do I think about this? I think Yordano Ventura is a nut bag. He is going to put Carlos Zambrano's antics to shame before it is all said and done IMO.

I don't have as much of an issue with Ventura giving the initial payback. I think everybody expected it and knew it was coming. Kelvin Herrera doing it again was a little much though. Especially when he pointed at his head walking toward the baseline. That's just asking for an ass beating.

Ventura shouldn't have been ejected with no warning, it should have been a double warning and let the game continue. Beyond that, well, the WWE sells well and some of the guys know that.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ventura was about to be pulled so he just threw at him. The bad part was him walking towards Lawrie. That should have never happened. The rest is the royals being over sensitive. Also, I did not find it that dirty of a play. He went hard. It's baseball. Pete rose did that every game. Escobar is being a lil bitch ab it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
I don't have as much of an issue with Ventura giving the initial payback. I think everybody expected it and knew it was coming. Kelvin Herrera doing it again was a little much though. Especially when he pointed at his head walking toward the baseline. That's just asking for an ass beating.

Ventura shouldn't have been ejected with no warning, it should have been a double warning and let the game continue. Beyond that, well, the WWE sells well and some of the guys know that.

I don't think Herreras was too much. Once Kaczmir threw at Cain, the Athletics lost the right to pick and choose how the Royals responded. Kaczmir should have been ejected for retaliating. Once he wasn't, the Royals had to come back strong. And if you're under the belief that Kaczmir wasn't growing at Cain, all I can say is hitting a Royals player under the circumstances that he didn't have.

If Lawrie doesn't like having his tower buzzed, he should stop playing like Sćott Cousins and take it up with Kaczmir. Yeah Lawrie apologized for the slide. So what!? He injured someone due to recklessness. No only does this make Lawries criticism of Herrera hypocritical. It also doesn't even come close to making things right. The As are still in arrears.

Liked Posts:
Ventura was about to be pulled so he just threw at him. The bad part was him walking towards Lawrie. That should have never happened. The rest is the royals being over sensitive. Also, I did not find it that dirty of a play. He went hard. It's baseball. Pete rose did that every game. Escobar is being a lil bitch ab it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Pete Rose was dirty too. Not exactly the example to go for there.