Hypothetical trade proposal - Ryan Pace needs to check out this thread!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears trade the 7th overall pick and Matt Forte for the 32nd overall pick and Jimmy Garopollo.

Would you do it? Why or why not. :thinking:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Also, how sick of hearing about the draft are you? And how dead is this board?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is it a requirement that the trade threads get more ridiculous as the draft becomes nearer? I know! Will Sutton and our 3rd for Luck!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Is it a requirement that the trade threads get more ridiculous as the draft becomes nearer? I know! Will Sutton and our 3rd for Luck!

Woah woah woah buddy...you think it would be unfair for the Patriots?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G sits one year behind Tom Brady doing nothing and we're gonna give up a 7th overall pick for him? No.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jimmy G sits one year behind Tom Brady doing nothing and we're gonna give up a 7th overall pick for him? No.

Well, Winston and Mariota have not even entered the NFL yet and we might take them with the 7th overall pick or trade up!

And that wasn't the trade anyways.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

He got Lamar Houston his only sack last season, that's something.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, Winston and Mariota have not even entered the NFL yet and we might take them with the 7th overall pick or trade up!

And that wasn't the trade anyways.

True, in your trade we would have gotten some other compensation, but I just don't know that I see the value there.

But I would agree going after Mariota or Jimmy G with our 1st round pick in either case would be a gamble.... idk I guess I would not rage at either idea.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, you want to throw in Matt Forte as well.

1 year left on his contract and wrong side of 30 combined with this being the best draft for running backs in over a decade, yes.

We get the 32nd overall pick too. We have come full circle now.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
1 year left on his contract and wrong side of 30 combined with this being the best draft for running backs in over a decade, yes.

We get the 32nd overall pick too. We have come full circle now.

I'm not ok with Winston, Mariota, or Jimmy with the 7th overall pick. However, I'd gladly trade Matt Forte for the 32nd pick or Jimmy.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not ok with Winston, Mariota, or Jimmy with the 7th overall pick. However, I'd gladly trade Matt Forte for the 32nd pick or Jimmy.

Thanks captain. If you called Belichek and proposed that trade, he would tell you to fuck off.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd return the favor when he asked for the 7th overall pick.

So if you don't like Winston, Garopollo, or Mariota.......who do you like from the college ranks as a future NFL franchise QB and what year is he coming out?

How long do we have to wait until BearDen deems a QB worthy for the Bears to take a swing on?

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
Moving up from 32nd pick to 7th pick, you would have to give up at least a future 1st rounder I'm guessing right?

You're also giving up Forte's potential productivity for 1 year in return for Jimmy's potential productivity for 3 years?

I don't think this is a good deal :-/

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
So if you don't like Winston, Garopollo, or Mariota.......who do you like from the college ranks as a future NFL franchise QB and what year is he coming out?

How long do we have to wait until BearDen deems a QB worthy for the Bears to take a swing on?

None this year, Cook next year. I know, we won't have a chance at him but I don't think these guys are worth it. If you said our 2nd round pick this year, I'd be all for your trade.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
And I'm not hating on your boy at all, I think he has potential. Just not top 10 draft pick potential.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The Bears trade the 7th overall pick and Matt Forte for the 32nd overall pick and Jimmy Garopollo.

Would you do it? Why or why not. :thinking:

Statistically speaking, he completes 70% of his passes, never throws an int, and one out of every 5 times he's sacked, the defensive player who sacked him blows out an ACL - Therefore I think i would do this trade.

AussieBear

id rather have glennon from tampa for a third and keep forte, plus that 1st.