Marreese Speights Golden State 1 2 9 20
Corey Brewer Houston 1 1 4 12
Manu Ginobili San Antonio -- 3 3 12
Taj Gibson Chicago 1 -- 3 8
Aaron Brooks Chicago -- -- 1 1
Chris Kaman Portland -- -- 1 1
Anthony Morrow Oklahoma City -- -- 1 1
Dennis Schröder Atlanta -- -- 1 1
Niko comes in 6th, Taj 10th and Brooks 11th.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3 Bulls got votes...cool. I'm actually a little surprised on Lou Williams, but I guess I just forgot about him. He's a microwave guy.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
3 Bulls got votes...cool. I'm actually a little surprised on Lou Williams, but I guess I just forgot about him. He's a microwave guy.
I would have voted Thomas.

I'm surprised Taj is on there.. the voters must have thought it was last year.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole Golden State bench should be on there. lol

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Why is "most improved" empty? Pretty obvious big jimmy is winning that one..

they haven't awarded it yet

but yeah Jimmy is pretty much a shoe-in

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Atlanta Head Coach Mike Budenholzer wins Coach of the Year. Steve Kerr finishes 2nd.

Thibs finishes 7th in voting.

2014-15 NBA Coach Of The Year Results

CoachTeam1st Place (5 pts)2nd Place (3 pts)3rd Place (1 pt)Total
Mike BudenholzerAtlanta67584513
Steve KerrGolden State56618471
Jason KiddMilwaukee153757
Brad StevensBoston242850
Gregg PopovichSan Antonio3--2338
Kevin McHaleHouston----1313
Tom ThibodeauChicago11210
Quin SnyderUtah--147
David BlattCleveland----33
Doc RiversL.A. Clippers----22
Terry StottsPortland----22
Rick CarlisleDallas----11
Dwane CaseyToronto----11
Jeff HornacekPhoenix----11
Monty WilliamsNew Orleans----11

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I guess no real surprise there. You knew Kerr and Bud were going to finish top two, just a matter of who you thought was more impressive. I totally see why Budenholzer won. Took a team that was barely a playoff team to the top team in the East.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well I guess no real surprise there. You knew Kerr and Bud were going to finish top two, just a matter of who you thought was more impressive. I totally see why Budenholzer won. Took a team that was barely a playoff team to the top team in the East.
:yep:

Kerr took over a team with talent already and just elevated them.

Though the Hawks gained back a major player in Horford, who they didnt' have last year, I still feel their rise is more important. Especially given how they were on no ones radar this season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:yep:

Kerr took over a team with talent already and just elevated them.

Though the Hawks gained back a major player in Horford, who they didnt' have last year, I still feel their rise is more important. Especially given how they were on no ones radar this season.
People still think they'll lose to Cleveland even. I guess there's no real reason to bet against Lebron and his shiny new Big 3 though. In any case, Atlanta's season was ridiculously impressive. 60 wins and second in the league to only Golden State.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People still think they'll lose to Cleveland even. I guess there's no real reason to bet against Lebron and his shiny new Big 3 though. In any case, Atlanta's season was ridiculously impressive. 60 wins and second in the league to only Golden State.
I don't particular trust them either. In general inexperience and then the fact that they might be playing LeBron.

Atlanta did go 3-1 against them. Only one game was played post trade (Atlanta won 106-97). LeBron and Horford sat one matchup, and they then traded blowouts earlier in the year. so its hard to gauge much off that.

The thing that will probably be key (and would be key in a matchup between Atlanta and Chicago) is turnovers. Atlanta ranks 3rd in the league in forcing turnovers while Cleveland ranks 21st and we rank dead last at 30th.

We saw preview of that in the regular season finale as we turned the ball over so much in the 1st three quarters against Atlanta's starters.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't particular trust them either. In general inexperience and then the fact that they might be playing LeBron.

Atlanta did go 3-1 against them. Only one game was played post trade (Atlanta won 106-97). LeBron and Horford sat one matchup, and they then traded blowouts earlier in the year. so its hard to gauge much off that.

The thing that will probably be key (and would be key in a matchup between Atlanta and Chicago) is turnovers. Atlanta ranks 3rd in the league in forcing turnovers while Cleveland ranks 21st and we rank dead last at 30th.

We saw preview of that in the regular season finale as we turned the ball over so much in the 1st three quarters against Atlanta's starters.
We also just tend to turn the ball over a lot. I wish we could generate more turnovers though...the fast break usually results in good things for us with Jimmy and Rose on the floor. But yeah...Atlanta really has their stuff together. They hit lots of 3s and generate lots of turnovers...pretty ideal.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We also just tend to turn the ball over a lot. I wish we could generate more turnovers though...the fast break usually results in good things for us with Jimmy and Rose on the floor. But yeah...Atlanta really has their stuff together. They hit lots of 3s and generate lots of turnovers...pretty ideal.
We ranked 19th in the league in the amount of times we've turned over the ball. Milwaukee also ranks 2nd in the league in amount of turnovers and as you have seen Milwaukee hasn't exactly turned the ball over much in this series.

But yeah, Atlanta is that dark horse sleeper team, though they shouldn't be, that could very well reach the Finals.. They play Spurs type ball, so thats the kind of basketball that the media always sweeps under the rug.

And it would be exciting for basketball in reality if it was Golden State vs Atlanta.. one team that hasn't been to the Finals since 1975, and the other who hasn't been to the Finals since the 1961. Not to mention you'd finally have a Finals not feature LeBron James. ESPN would be bored as fuck.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We ranked 19th in the league in the amount of times we've turned over the ball. Milwaukee also ranks 2nd in the league in amount of turnovers and as you have seen Milwaukee hasn't exactly turned the ball over much in this series.

But yeah, Atlanta is that dark horse sleeper team, though they shouldn't be, that could very well reach the Finals.. They play Spurs type ball, so thats the kind of basketball that the media always sweeps under the rug.

And it would be exciting for basketball in reality if it was Golden State vs Atlanta.. one team that hasn't been to the Finals since 1975, and the other who hasn't been to the Finals since the 1961. Not to mention you'd finally have a Finals not feature LeBron James. ESPN would be bored as fuck.
ESPN would ride Stephen Curry's popularity, especially if he gets MVP. But I would probably very much enjoy watching Golden State vs Atlanta. Both teams play great brands of ball.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ESPN would ride Stephen Curry's popularity, especially if he gets MVP. But I would probably very much enjoy watching Golden State vs Atlanta. Both teams play great brands of ball.
Well they'd have to. They'd still be a sad panda LeBron isn't there.

I'd probably enjoy watching Golden State vs any of the Top 3 seeds in the East.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well they'd have to. They'd still be a sad panda LeBron isn't there.

I'd probably enjoy watching Golden State vs any of the Top 3 seeds in the East.
Yeah...all the higher powers that be in the NBA and national media want Lebron in the Finals. If Atlanta got by them they'd have gone through playing 5 on 8 for a series.

Warriors vs Spurs would be amazing especially imo. Kind of a student vs the master situation. Spurs vs Hawks would be interesting too now that I think about it...