Doug Buffone passed away..

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
No, Fuck you and you're sensitive vagina. We deal with death on a regular basis in my line of work. Some of us use humor to get through. Poor taste or not it's how some people cope.

Your suburban bubble protects you from the real world.

Oh god here we go. Thank you for what you and some of my buddies do- it doesn't take the fact you can keep remarks like that out. I loved Doug and obs rants and it s a loss in bears nation.

Novak was right, didn't take long.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a fucking MB. Be a smartass in every thread if you want.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Somewhere, somehow, Karma is watching you toads.

RIP Doug.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Really sad to see this. Lot of well known people die and some who you really like, but usually it's after they've been out of sight/mind for a while. That isn't the case with Doug. As well as the postgame shows, I've always enjoyed listening to his segments on the Score shows, especially his picks on the Mully and Hanley show. He never had the attitude or spirit of an old man. Young at heart until the end.

RIP big Doug, you'll be missed.

Last edited:

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Damn, that's really a shame. I didn't see that coming.

Condolences to the family and friends.

WPa. kid through and through. He grew up in one of those cities the coal companies owned and his parents were right off the boat from Calabria. The kind of people who built this country from nothing for a chance at a better life for their kid. He didn't disappoint and took full advantage.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No, Fuck you and you're sensitive vagina. We deal with death on a regular basis in my line of work. Some of us use humor to get through. Poor taste or not it's how some people cope.

Your suburban bubble protects you from the real world.
True. I just hope your dickhead remark has helped you deal with the pain of losing Doug.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They guy was authentic, real deal. He would get teased about being pre-concussed and the Neanderthal gene, and just roll with it. He'd get genuinely pissed off at stupid losses and we were right there with him and OB.

RIP

TheDane

Liked Posts:
The two first INT's of his career was thrown by Bart Starr and Johnny Unitas. Not a bad thing to write on your resumé.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Oh hell yes, his rants were genuine. When I was a kid is My dad always had Doug and OB on.

Even after a shitty loss, those two made them tolerable. I'll miss Doug, great guy!

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sorry to hear this - I didn't really know that there was anything imminent, so it's surprising to me. I'll miss him. He was the mouthpiece of the fans a lot of the time and obviously a good player in the 60s. I'm sure Ed and Dick along with many others are very sad.