Eli Harold or Nate Orchard as RD 2 options?

Liked Posts:
Assuming we go with either Cooper or White in the first, how would you feel about either Harold (though he's a possible late first rounder himself) or Orchard?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought they were going to draft Tyler Lockett in the second?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I am high on Eli Harold.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Orchard was a beast for Utah, but not sure that he has ideal size as an every down DE or the coverage skills for an OLB. I would guess he gets drafted by a team who can afford to just use him as a pass rusher. Wherever he goes, I'll root for him and hope he turns into a stud in the NFL.

Interesting fact: Nate Orchard changed his name after his 2nd year at Utah. He played his first two seasons as Nate Fakahafua. Orchard was his adopted family name.

From what I heard, he changed his name after he contacted his maternal family and they didn't want to be a part of his life (rumor).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think you are accurate that Cooper or White will be BPA at 7.

I don't think they need to go OLB in the 2nd.

It is a crowded position and they could easily go DB, DL or OT.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I actually think that if the Bears don't go edge rusher at 7, they are better off either picking a developmental edge guy late or skipping the position completely. The reason the Bears may go edge at 7 is because an edge player may be the best player available. And also, the Bears could use an elite potential double digit sack guy to build the pass rush around.

There isn't going to be another 10+ sack player outside of the 1st round, unless it's a project that goes on the last day (or Gregory really really falls). And honestly, just based on the numbers, OLB is way down on the list of needs. They do have a ton of bodies there, but none elite. They could still use starter caliber talent at FS, OT, OC, WR, and probably 2 spots on the DL. Late in the draft, I'm looking at Deion Barnes, Shaq Riddick, Jake Ryan, Marcus Rush, and Kyle Emanuel.

Or what he said, ^^

ryneteem23

Liked Posts:
I'd be open to a trade up if Byron Jones is there at the top of the 2nd

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If we don't go edge rusher and Harold is there in 2nd I would be all over it. I'm not that big on orchard and I think he's going to take a tumble on draft day, he doesn't play with power and showed poor explosion numbers and a slow 40 at the combine. I would take him no earlier than the 4th.

woopig101

Liked Posts:
Tre Flowers in the 5th? Maybe even 6th? Kind of a tweener. Low sack numbers. Made a lot of plays in the backfield

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Orchard was a relentless rusher for Utah. I haven't paid much attention to him because I thought he was under-sized, thought he was 6-1 nope he's 6-3 250-pounds with 33-3/4 inch arms. He doesn't have explosive speed but he's tough, he's strong he's relentless and that can get you far in the NFL. He dominated in the Pac-12 at seemed to bring it every single week. I can't recall him having a bad game. He had 18.5 sacks and led the nation with 28 QB hits that's plenty of production in my book.

He's a prospect that does everything well and doesn't really have a weakness. Is he a natural Khalil. Mack type rusher? No but he does all things well even can play in space. I think he's a solid second round rusher and is overlooked and undeappreciated.

Liked Posts:

Is anybody else besides myself not convinced that White is ahead of Devante Parker on our board? Idk, I have a feeling we might see Parker as just as much upside but with a little more polish to his game. We don't truly know much about how Pace drafts and what types of guys he will covet. the only picks that would actually shock me at 7 would be Dupree or Gurley tbh.

Liked Posts:
To answer the OP, I like both prospects but see Harold as the higher ceiling OLB pass rusher.

PickSix

Liked Posts:

+1. Agree