Trackball Vs. Mouse

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
i think i paid 399 or 499 for this laptop i gotz now... 2nd gen i3 toshiba... frys had a sale months before the 3rd gens dropped years ago... its okay.. plays some games..itll run skyrim at low levels....but the laptop more of a mobile (travel) solution at the time... the desktop plays whatever this cant tho.. id still like to upgrade eventually...

idk laptops anymore... we got a surface pro, cheap android and an ipad in da house.... a new rig would be sweet or even just a mac mini just to use a specific software or two...i just dont game much anymore

perhaps you can get a cheap tablet if your mobile and a cheap desktop for gaming wintermute.. you can get a cheap intel g3258... overclock that and itll run some games... they are 50-75 bucks.... im just not sure how dated they are now... and what they can or cant play...

I have a mid-range desktop - still running a Phenom II x4 980 - and it plays everything just fine at high graphic settings. Very likely will upgrade to Zen. Not counting on it beating Intel, just crossing my fingers it will be competitive. Reserving judgement, given the hype surrounding Bulldozer, but still can't help but be excited.

Anyway, I bought the laptop so I could run a few my favorite desktop FPS games on the go. Can't beat my desktop discrete graphics card of course, but my old laptop did the job.

I know tablets are all the rage. But for now, I prefer something a little more robust with more horsepower for games, so will probably stick with the laptop. If I need a tablet-esque fix, my smartphone fits the bill.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love my microsoft surface pro 4......don't play games on it, but it is my laptop and tablet at the same time.....I don't compromise on gaming and doing graphic work....

I've got a 5960x 8 core overclocked from 3.0 to 4.3 with 64GB ram on rampage extreme board...........I was debating going from a 980Ti to a 1080, but I think my wife would kill me since we are closing on a house in September....

I am a logitech whore so I have a G502 mouse, G910 orion keyboard and G933 wireless 7.1 headphones...

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Back to the printer topic for just a second, picked up an Epson ET-2650 on sale the other day. Pretty excited. Hope it lives up to the ~2 years of ink hype...

535447-epson-expression-et-2650-ecotank-all-in-one-printer.jpg

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Found a new trackball to replace my wearing logitech M570. Stumbled on this gem. Love it. DPI low and high switch. Even the wheel rocks left to right. Reviews recommended swapping out balls with old trackman for a smoother experience. Here it is:
412qfoH2TtL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Elecom? Wow, never heard of them before.

Well cool, glad you found it and like it.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Elecom? Wow, never heard of them before.

Well cool, glad you found it and like it.

Me neither. Just happended to google 2017 trackball reviews. Japanese company. Since Im too old and set in my ways probably not going to give gaming mice a try. Like logitech but they dont seem to have good longevity.