Mychal Kendricks

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
The dude can ball as an ILB in a 3-4. He is reportedly on the trade block and only like 23 or 24 years old. Would a 2nd round pick get him and be worth it? Chip could use that 2nd as ammo to move up for Marcus. Not sure who would be sitting there with our 2nd that's the same proven talent as Kendricks.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
The dude can ball as an ILB in a 3-4. He is reportedly on the trade block and only like 23 or 24 years old. Would a 2nd round pick get him and be worth it? Chip could use that 2nd as ammo to move up for Marcus. Not sure who would be sitting there with our 2nd that's the same proven talent as Kendricks.

Haven't seen the the trade talk,this from rumor ville.

Mychal Kendricks absent from start of Eagles offseason program

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on April 21, 2015, 12:30 AM EDT
Mychal Kendricks
Getty Images
Offensive lineman Evan Mathis wasn’t the only player absent from the start of the Philadelphia Eagles offseason program on Monday.

According to CSNPhilly.com, linebacker Mychal Kendricks was also a no-show at the Eagles facility.

Per Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News, Kendricks had a scheduled trip planned and will join the offseason program soon. Kendricks’ instagram account appears to show him on vacation in Costa Rica.

The offseason workouts are voluntary and there is no penalty for missing the start of conditioning season.

With the addition of Kiko Alonso this offseason, just how the Eagles will work their linebackers onto the field remains to be seen. Alonso, Kendricks and DeMeco Ryans all are capable inside linebackers. Kendricks appeared in 12 games with 11 starts last year for Philadelphia. He recorded 83 tackles with four sacks and three forced fumbles

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather have this guy.... one of the most underrated players in the league

Eric Weddle - DB - Chargers

Chargers FS Eric Weddle skipped the first day of voluntary workouts Monday and is in search of a new contract.

Weddle, 30, is owed a $7.5 million salary in the final year of his deal. "I feel highly, highly disrespected," he said. "... There is no reason for me to put out any more effort." The Chargers have been trying to reach out to Philip Rivers about an extension and, to this point, ignored Weddle's requests. Weddle is a three-time Pro Bowler and the Chargers' defensive captain.

Source: Union-Tribune San Diego

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It seems he doesn't underrate himself, "Weddle is not asking to be the highest-paid safety, just something among the top three or four."

So, you want a 30 yr old safety that feels " highly, highly" disrespected making $7.5M that has publicly stated he sees no reason to put out any more effort.

gUy8v.jpg

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Weddle is very good but it would be stupid to pay him a ton of money for maybe 2 years of a high level of play.

Nick80

We could have drafted him ... You'll love what we decided to do instead.

Nick80

Dan fucking Bazuin ....

Garret Wolfe, Kevin Payne and Marcus Harrison ...

Jerry Angelo setting the bears up for greatness.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The fucked up thing about Wolfe was everyone loved the pick as it happened like we got a steal lol. Northern Illinois pride I guess.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Kendricks is a very good LB and is definately on the block. Ever since the trade for Kiko Alonso the early thoughts were that DeMeco Ryans was done. Since then he's been extended and there have been no contract talks with Kendricks.

What is he as a player? He's an ultra athletic LB who's exceptional in coverage and is great at blitzing. Early in his career he had quite a few missed tackles, but over the past season he really cleaned that up. When DeMeco Ryans went down he started lining up and calling the defense, something he previously had not done in the pros. The defense kept playing at a high level with him as a signal caller.

Why is he on the block? Mariota. It's just that simple. If he's one of the pieces that help them trade up then it's a no brainer for Chip. Kelly doesn't want to give up too many draft picks to make the move, but current players are up for grabs. Along with Kendricks I'd keep an eye on Evan Mathis (who's also sitting out of OTAs), Brent Celek and Fletcher Cox. I love all 4 players (Kendricks included), so it's going to be a tough pill to swollow, but then again we traded McCoy and let Maclin walk, so clearly Chip doesn't care about my feelings.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Kendricks is a really good young player who had an awesome season in 2013 as an ILB in a 3-4. Put him next to McPhee and our defensive front 7 would start to look pretty respectable.

I wonder if Chip Kelly is crazy enough to trade away such a promising young player for less than a first round pick. Oh wait, he just traded Nick Foles for Sam Bradford and signed Tim Tebow, of course he's that crazy.

Nick80

I wouldn't mind, but that was after giving up Thomas Jones to the Jets.

Edit - this is aimed at DSRST

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The fucked up thing about Wolfe was everyone loved the pick as it happened like we got a steal lol. Northern Illinois pride I guess.

It's because shorter RBs have made a big impact and each time they make a play the announcers clamour to talking about how they triumphed over their lack of size. Guys like MJD, Westbrook and Sproles come to mind, but there have been numerous examples where a 'scat' back ends up being something great.

For Wolfe he just wasn't strong enough to break tackles or block in the NFL. It's a fine line where if he was able to do both he could have had a productive career. Unfortunately with the smaller guys their college highlight reel ability never has a chance to shine because they can't do the basics.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dan fucking Bazuin ....

Garret Wolfe, Kevin Payne and Marcus Harrison ...

Jerry Angelo setting the bears up for greatness.
FU Nick. That's like reminding a guy about the time he dropped a 40lb dumb bell on his junk.

Bort

Liked Posts:
We could have drafted him ... You'll love what we decided to do instead.

I assume you're referring to McClellin, but it was Alshon Jeffrey who we traded up to #45 to take, right before Philly took Kendricks at #46.