JW:Swapping Cutler for Rivers a fair trade?..And if so,would you?

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
Not sure how the contracts are set up, but it'll benefit both teams & players involved.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wasn't this a thread before?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fair trade? No

Would I do it? Yes

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure how the contracts are set up, but it'll benefit both teams & players involved.
Aha. Chargers fans would be livid, especially after how Rivers used to punk Cutler. I don't know how it would benefit Chargers, but it'd be awesome if it happened.

Nick80

57093524.jpg

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
How would that benefit the chargers?
If the rumors are somewhat true then Chargers let go of a disgruntled Vet QB that they have major respect/ love for & wouldnt want to ruin a Relationship that has years of
good times invested into it. They give Rivers what he wants and save face & in return gets another Vet QB in Cutler, Chargers dont loose too much of a drop off in physical talent. Gonna also note Cutler could get them maybe a 10 win season if his Defense is above mediocre. Cutler gets a fresh start and good weather,his wife gets her natural lifestyle back. Bears get the passionate leader on Offense that so many claimed Cutler lacked in. Rivers personality fits right in with this new coaching style and Front office.
Cutler and his wife gets an opportunity to hit restart on the west coast where they probably would prefer if they had to choose. Chargers gets a former probowl veteran QB that has the physical talents that are similar to Rivers and could pretty solid while being in a preferred situation. Chargers also can still get an impact player in the draft. If It was me making the trade then i would,maybe even throw in this year third and next years 2nd pick if the chargers are hesitant.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure I would do it......NO FUCKING WAY would San Diego do it. That deal is preposterous. The fans would riot in San Diego!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Philip Rivers is a highly respected QB in the league and one of the main reasons SD has had success.

Jay Cutler is.... well you know..... Jay Cutler.....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

We would have to give them Cutler and Forte and they probably still wouldn't do it.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sure I would do it......NO FUCKING WAY would San Diego do it. That deal is preposterous. The fans would riot in San Diego!

They're probably going to riot anyways when Rivers doesn't re-sign after next season since he doesn't want to have to move with the team to LA -- that's reportedly what the Rivers-Chargers issue has been about this offseason.