QB: Bears bringing in former fourth-rounder Tyler Wilson

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...inging-in-former-fourth-rounder-tyler-wilson/

The Bears are already pretty well-stocked with quarterbacks other people didn’t want, so what’s the problem with bringing another one in?

Via Matt Jones of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, former Razorbacks quarterback Tyler Wilson will be attending next week’s Bears minicamp, ostensibly on a tryout basis. Jones mentioned it during a radio show he co-hosts in Arkansas.

Wilson was a fourth-round pick of the Raiders in 2013, but was cut before the end of his rookie season. He picked up with the Titans near the end of that year, and went to camp with the Bengals last summer, but was cut in the preseason.

The Bears quarterbacks coach is Dowell Loggains, another former Razorback who was in Tennessee when the Titans offered him a look in December 2013.

Chicago realized it was stuck with Jay Cutler this offseason, and he’s backed up by Jimmy Clausen, whom new coach John Fox has a higher opinion of now than when he had him in Carolina in 2010.

The only other quarterback on the roster at the moment is David Fales, a sixth-rounder from last year, when there was a different coach and General Manager in place.

Nick80

Has to be just another camp arm, bit like noodle arm only a bit more extravagant.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Didn't he go to that veteran combine and throw pretty good? I know Mayok was talking about B.Quinn and another QB who I think was Wilson that were there and threw really good.

Nick80

So basically we just picked up the next Brett Farve. That's awesome, I think Pace doesn't sleep either.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I don't think it means anything. You need some scrub QBs to throw the ball in camp.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Didn't he go to that veteran combine and throw pretty good? I know Mayok was talking about B.Quinn and another QB who I think was Wilson that were there and threw really good.

I definitely believe it was Wilson that Mayock was talking about, yes.

Probably just a camp arm, though.