IceHogs in Calder Cup Playoffs

secretobcession

Liked Posts:
For the first time since 2010, the Rockford IceHogs are heading into the Calder Cup Playoffs. At the end of the regular season, the IceHogs finished 2nd in the Midwest Division and 4th place in the Western Conference of the AHL.

First time in IceHogs history, a player was named to the AHL All-Rookie Team. Defenseman Ville Pokka received the honor.

Here's the first round schedule that the IceHogs released...

playoff%201.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tuevo and Pokka gonna save us from cap hell. Trade Crow, sign Sharp. Entertain offers for Bickell, and bring up the youth. Move everything marginal like Shaw, Versteeg ad go with Ice Hogs

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I wish these games were televised somewhere in the Chicago area. Rockford is a bit far of a haul for me for a game, but it's great that the Hawks prospects are going to get some playoff exposure in the AHL.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Tuevo and Pokka gonna save us from cap hell. Trade Crow, sign Sharp. Entertain offers for Bickell, and bring up the youth. Move everything marginal like Shaw, Versteeg ad go with Ice Hogs

Well multiple of these guys are going to. People thinking the team is due for a mega drop off 2010 like cap trade are not quite realizing this significant difference. Almost all the depth and NHL ready prospects of that 2010 team were the guys already playing on the team. The only decent AHL talent they had that year was Crawford and Bickell... Maybe Skille but he was never anything but was a good Tallon trade piece. The Rockford team had zilch for D prospects with Connolly or LaLonde being their top D men, thankfully the Leddy trade was made to give the Hawks something at the time.

I'd love to see these, it's tough you can't even get illegal streams to watch of the AHL games enough of the times. :bigfinger:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been a while since they've been there . Best of luck!

Braeden

canadian
Liked Posts:
They're facing the ex-Calder Cup Champions.

Won't be an easy task but the Ice Hogs look like a great team.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Just looked it up, Icehogs won game 1 tonight in Texass. Spencer Abbot popped two goals and Hartman had a goal and assist. Their first playoff victory since Crawford was in net.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1014638

Hogs don't need no Darling, they have post-season extraordinaire Michael Leighton, show me one weak goal he's ever let in during a playoff series...

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just looked it up, Icehogs won game 1 tonight in Texass. Spencer Abbot popped two goals and Hartman had a goal and assist. Their first playoff victory since Crawford was in net.

Hogs don't need no Darling, they have post-season extraordinaire Michael Leighton, show me one weak goal he's ever let in during a playoff series...

Why are they starting Leighton when Raanta is down there?

Congrats to the Ice hogs.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Leighton was there all year, he's the team MVP in their eyes. And Raanta isn't down there, he was called up with the Hawks in the playoffs.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Abbot has been on fucking fire since joining the Hogs. May be good trade bait.

secretobcession

Liked Posts:

When Raanta was down in Rockford, both he & Leighton alternated starting...sharing the #1 position. Now that Raanta is back in Chicago, Leighton holds the #1 spot alone. Carruth might have been doing well in the ECHL, but he did not shine in his start in the last game of the regular season (but then it might have been the sloppy team playing in front of him too...it was a bad game all around)

secretobcession

Liked Posts:
8V8A3095.jpg

SO...as you probably heard...the IceHogs swept the Stars in 3 and advance to Round 2. It looks like the games are scheduled to possibly start on May 13th. The BMO is booked next weekend with the Circus...so arena not available. I hope the guys don't lose their momentum with the long wait.

I did post game photos from last night...click on the IceHogs link bar from this site's main page to view (and other games too).

OH! These 2 guys were seen here last night...they might look familiar to some of you. LOL. It was great to get a chance to talk to them both again last night.
8V8A2627.jpg

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Dee Highlights. Some nice net battling plays by Danault

[video=youtube;Yhg4tipsKrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhg4tipsKrY[/video]

secretobcession

Liked Posts:
Just announced - the IceHogs will face the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL Western Conference Semifinals.

May 6 IceHogs @ Griffins
May 8 IceHogs @ Griffins
May 13 Griffins @ IceHogs
May 14 Griffins @ IceHogs
May 17* Griffins @ IceHogs
May 19* IceHogs @ Griffins
May 20* IceHogs @ Griffins
*dates if games 5, 6, 7 are necessary

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Playoff matchups of Hawks vs Red Wings survives... in a way

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
8V8A3095.jpg

SO...as you probably heard...the IceHogs swept the Stars in 3 and advance to Round 2. It looks like the games are scheduled to possibly start on May 13th. The BMO is booked next weekend with the Circus...so arena not available. I hope the guys don't lose their momentum with the long wait.

I did post game photos from last night...click on the IceHogs link bar from this site's main page to view (and other games too).

OH! These 2 guys were seen here last night...they might look familiar to some of you. LOL. It was great to get a chance to talk to them both again last night.
8V8A2627.jpg

My eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL JK... sup RK?

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
8V8A3095.jpg

8V8A2627.jpg

Jack looks so uncomfortable there