Liked Posts:
chicago-cubs-vs-cincinnati-reds-2726742-regular.jpg

Friday
6:10 PM Lester (0-2) Leake (0-1)

Saturday
12:10 PM Arrieta (2-1) DeSclafani (2-0)

Sunday
12:10 PM Wood (1-1) Marquis (1-1)

Yeah, this IST sucks! Get over it, it's game time!

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
FYI, Lester is going to pitch 8 shutout innings tonight

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean 4 1/3 giving up 6 runs

DAMN IT

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Man Lester has to put in some work on throwing over...could cost him badly against good teams.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I still think the Lester thing is over blown. Think about it this way, back in the Mike Piazza days teams ran on his weak arm all the time but he still was a valuable player and the various teams he was on won a lot of games. What matters is him pitching well. Plus, it's not entirely feasible for every player who gets on base to try and steal even with a huge lead. For example, most 1B in the league are decent hitters but aren't fast enough to steal.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
I think it's a tad overblown. However this game is tied instead of a 2 run Cubs lead largely because of Lester's inability to hold runners.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I think it's a tad overblown. However this game is tied instead of a 2 run Cubs lead largely because of Lester's inability to hold runners.

I'd argue the game is tied because Lester has a 1.66 whip.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
I'd argue the game is tied because Lester has a 1.66 whip.

I'd argue that you aren't looking at the big picture. Hamilton singled, stole second, took third on a WP, and scored on a ground ball. Hamilton singled, stole second, stole third, and scored again on a ground ball that should have been a DP except the runner going on Lester negated that. If you don't think the absence of a pickoff move cause that then...:lol:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd argue that you aren't looking at the big picture. Hamilton singled, stole second, took third on a WP, and scored on a ground ball. Hamilton singled, stole second, stole third, and scored again on a ground ball that should have been a DP except the runner going on Lester negated that. If you don't think the absence of a pickoff move cause that then...:lol:

And I'd point out that Hamilton has never been thrown out by Yady Molina who's arguably the best catcher in the game and clearly none of the Cardinals pitchers have Lester's problem. Put bluntly, if Hamilton wants to steal a base he usually is going to get it.

Edit: for his career he has a 75.7% success rate. Point here being you stop him from stealing by keeping to his career .297 OBP.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'd argue that you aren't looking at the big picture. Hamilton singled, stole second, took third on a WP, and scored on a ground ball. Hamilton singled, stole second, stole third, and scored again on a ground ball that should have been a DP except the runner going on Lester negated that. If you don't think the absence of a pickoff move cause that then...[emoji38]
Id argue that situation happens with Hamilton no matter who on the mound..[emoji6]

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs actually playing with a handicap tonight..
Basically playing with 6 hitters 1-6 in order with Ross and Lester automatic outs and Russell still adjusting. ..

Why it frustrating when Ross gives up 3 or more runs with his buddy catching. . Puts that much pressure on those guys to score and even more pressure on Cogs and Castro to come through with big hits. .

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Here's a fun fact, cubs have yet to play a team that's under .500 and they are still 8-7 and possibly should have a few more. That's promising.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cubs actually playing with a handicap tonight..
Basically playing with 6 hitters 1-6 in order with Ross and Lester automatic outs and Russell still adjusting. ..

Why it frustrating when Ross gives up 3 or more runs with his buddy catching. . Puts that much pressure on those guys to score and even more pressure on Cogs and Castro to come through with big hits. .

On the plus side, Lester just hit 92 pitches so he's probably coming out soon which means they can sub in welly or montero

chibears55

Liked Posts:
On the plus side, Lester just hit 92 pitches so he's probably coming out soon which means they can sub in welly or montero
Just gotta hope he doesn't give up any more before he leaves. .

Kinda sad when your no.1 starter on the mound late in April and you still dont have confidence yet...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I hope that the start of Cog hitting again.. need him to protect Bryant and Castro

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lester hit for himself and didn't come in to pitch the next inning?????

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This bullpen...

:obama: