I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Love his assist. But u are speaking of past accomplishments. This year has been a struggle playing NEXT to Gasol. He definately has not gotten the offensive rebounds this year that he has done in the past. He clogs up the game by bring his defender to whomever has the ball and is a liability when the pass to him more times than not. I want to win this year. the time is now .

so last year noah got 3.5 offensive rebound per game and this year he is getting 3.3 offensive rebounds per game in 4.5 fewer minutes per game....so actually he rebounded at BETTER rate this year than last year....but who has time to actually look up things, right? :shrug:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
you mean besides being the first center in like 40+ years to average over 5 assists a game? offensive rebounds? but yeah youre right, since he cant shoot he isn't an "offensive player." but again, noah isn't on the team for his shooting, never has been and never will be

not only can he not shoot he can't finish around the rim either...total liability...and hes out of his confront zone on D

what is so bad about bringing him off the bench where he would be at his natural position and be with guys like Nikola/Brooks/Snell?....i see him helping more in that situation then he is now

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
not only can he not shot he can't finish around the rim either

what is so bad about bringing him off the bench where he would be at his natural position and he be with guys Nikola/Brooks/Snell?

i see him helping more in that situation then he is now

I prefer to not dwell on things that are NOT going to happen. just remember, im making a mental note of you claiming noah to be a shell of himself so that next year when he is healthy and dominating again, I can say I told you so :)

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
If rebounding is his thing why are teams THIS YEAR getting 2ND AND 3RD chances at shooting on us. NOAH IS NOT A POWER FOWARD. Only when we play bigger teams like portland or memphis does his slight size difference help us. Like playing the 3 bigs should only be used for special line-ups.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Noah hasn't looked like himself all year. He shows flashes every once and awhile and you go "that's the former DPOY".

At this point I would rather play Gasol and Gibson more in the front court. The Bucks are literally playing 4 on 5 on offense when Noah is on the floor, the Bucks aren't even guarding him.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If rebounding is his thing why are teams THIS YEAR getting 2ND AND 3RD chances at shooting on us. NOAH IS NOT A POWER FOWARD. Only when we play bigger teams like portland or memphis does his slight size difference help us. Like playing the 3 bigs should only be used for special line-ups.

it sure isn't because of noah...he is doing his job on the offensive glass. offensive rebounding is the one stat that went up slightly this year for noah so you really should try and pick on another part of his game. the only thing that went down significantly was his shooting %, down .030 from last year and his free throw shooting down to 60% from 74% last year. noah isn't a problem. the only real problem this bulls team has is turnovers. anything else is just message boards nitpicking after a loss

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I prefer to not dwell on things that are NOT going to happen. just remember, im making a mental note of you claiming noah to be a shell of himself so that next year when he is healthy and dominating again, I can say I told you so :)

note it...i win either way

thats the beauty of being pessimistic...i could be wrong on my assertion but being a fan i want it to be

but unless Noah rediscovers offense which he never really found in the first place i imagine the spacing will still be a issue

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
note it...i win either way

thats the beauty of being pessimistic...i could be wrong on my assertion but being a fan i want it to be

but unless Noah rediscovers offense which he never really found in the first place i imagine the spacing will still be a issue

well congrats on "winning" then. I guess I should just assume every bulls player sucks other than the games when they are good so I can be a "winner" too :smug:

and im seriously surprised noah is the one drawing the ire of everyone. I figured itd be gasol, hes the big that has looked horrendous all series long

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
well congrats on "winning" then. I guess I should just assume every bulls player sucks other than the games when they are good so I can be a "winner" too :smug:

and im seriously surprised noah is the one drawing the ire of everyone. I figured itd be gasol, hes the big that has looked horrendous all series long

its not like that...im not saying bad things just to say bad things...i feel im being honest but if i end up being wrong then im just wrong and im happy Noah is playing good

i agree about Gasol he has been playing soft and things wont change versus the Cavs either with Mozgov bullying him

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
its not like that...im not saying bad things just to say bad things...i feel im being honest but if i end up being wrong then im just wrong and im happy Noah is playing good

i agree about Gasol he has been playing soft and things wont change versus the Cavs either with Mozgov bullying him

well, apparently gasol just still has not figured out how to handle a double team despite playing basketball for 25+ years

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Gasol plays lazy and soft at time. Capable of giving better effort. Once again a back-up center would be great 2 push him. cough cough (Noah)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Someone aught to find out why Chicago fans are among the worst Knee jerk reactors on the planet. Seriously. Maybe some university could run a psychoanalysis on a respectable number of Chicagoans and publish the data.

It starts like this. The team loses. Someone checks the boxscore to analyze. They think they see something, sit down and base factors on stats. Like this guy has suddenly become a pro NBA scout.

aUFfmXy.gif

Last edited:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
It's one loss in a series that's already over. Noah just had a 19 rebound game and looked pretty good. He hasn't been that bad.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's one loss in a series that's already over. Noah just had a 19 rebound game and looked pretty good. He hasn't been that bad.
Game 2 is the only game in this series he's looked like Joakim Noah.

Game 4 was by all means extremely awful for him. Game 3 wasn't much better.

Either way, unlike most people, I'm not having a knee jerk reaction to this. There's another game to be played and 99% sure there's another series to be played.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
lol, this is NOT knee jerk. HE DOES NOT FIT WITH THE STARTERS. IT'S BEEN ALL YEAR LONG. Rose is back and needs the ball in his hands, so does butler. Nobody is going to keep giving Noah the ball at the top of the key so he can hand off or dance with the ball wasting VALUABLE SECONDS in the shot clock. It worked last year because he was the focal point and played with wing shooters. i like Thibbs but if he keeps Noah in the stating line-up he is killing there chances of winning the next round.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I think we can all agree its a slump year for Noah. He is not washed up or a shell of himself. That's going way to far. Noah played pg last year, so yeah his role is changed a bit and its hard for him to adjust. He's lost a bit of his step when rebounding, but the guy is still integral to the team. No way Thibs should bench him. Maybe he should bench Derrick for his defensive breakdown. Having him behind kirk will really light a fire and kirks game will benefit

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think we can all agree its a slump year for Noah. He is not washed up or a shell of himself. That's going way to far. Noah played pg last year, so yeah his role is changed a bit and its hard for him to adjust. He's lost a bit of his step when rebounding, but the guy is still integral to the team. No way Thibs should bench him. Maybe he should bench Derrick for his defensive breakdown. Having him behind kirk will really light a fire and kirks game will benefit

well if you look at his numbers, noah is actually rebounding and assisting at virtually the exact same rate as he did last year. its a "slump" year because his shooting % dropped a good bit and I would say that has to do with the bum knee he is playing on more than anything

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Beyond the stats, he's not playing with the same energy, and he's not making the same big plays. I agree its probably from the knee, but also the fact that the bulls have so many ball handlers.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Beyond the stats, he's not playing with the same energy, and he's not making the same big plays. I agree its probably from the knee, but also the fact that the bulls have so many ball handlers.
Well stats prove Noah and Gasol don't mesh.

But Noah last game just was pure shit, and I guess you can probably blame that on the knee. You could also blame it on the fact he just doesn't have great chemistry with these guys.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let me add, if Noah isn't giving us shit for the game, I am perfectly okay with him playing less minutes. But in no way should he be benched.