Bears have not interviewed Vic Beasley

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The Bears had a 15 minute interview with him at the combine ONLY. They have not interviewed him since or brought him in for another workout. He said he's had limited discussions with Chicago. Per Vic Beasley on Mulley and Hanley

I'm guessing the Bears aren't looking to draft him.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
REVERSE SMOKESCREEN.

The non interview is to distract other NFL FO from their intention to grab Gurley early.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
too small. They probably aren't focused on a tweener outside linebacker without size and power. We are looking for Suggs/Aldon Smith type on the one side, or Ahmad Brooks/McPhee type on the other.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
No need to interview this guy. He uses a piano to relax instead of weed. 'Nuff said - he's cool!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WEAKNESSES High cut with narrow waist and thin legs. Needs to add more bulk. Unlikely to convert speed to power against NFL tackles. Wins with athleticism on majority of his sacks. Rarely transitions from speed rush to spin as an instinctual pass-rush counter. Lacks ideal arm length. Too often content to stay blocked if pass rush stalls out. Needs to shed blocks more consistently against run. Good football character, but scouts are concerned about a lack of alpha-dog tenacity.

Raskolnikov: This isn't our guy and we have about 12 linebacker on roster. Willie Young and Jared Allen are our Aldon Davis.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No need to interview this guy. He uses a piano to relax instead of weed. 'Nuff said - he's cool!

you should try weed with the piano.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Beasley could be one of the players that drops on draft day to later in the 1st rd.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Clayton was saying Beasley might drop due to size.

His rational was that a lot of these 3-4 guys are from the Parcells tree and they want big OLBs. Realistically Beasley will play at 240 which is not huge.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Clayton was saying Beasley might drop due to size.

His rational was that a lot of these 3-4 guys are from the Parcells tree and they want big OLBs. Realistically Beasley will play at 240 which is not huge.

I see hwo that would move Bud Dupree up the draft boards, but doesnt Fangio break that mold? At least along the DL, he doesnt look for the biggest, fattest linemen, and his left ends play in the 3 tech as much as the 5. I am not sure how that translates to linebackers, but I pick up from it that Fangio calls plays that mitigate the downside of smaller players

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Good. Beasley is too small, his arms are too short, he has the least power of all the edge prospects and IMO will be nothing more than a situational rusher at the next level and a better fit in a 43 as a LEO than as a base OLB in a 34.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I see hwo that would move Bud Dupree up the draft boards, but doesnt Fangio break that mold? At least along the DL, he doesnt look for the biggest, fattest linemen, and his left ends play in the 3 tech as much as the 5. I am not sure how that translates to linebackers, but I pick up from it that Fangio calls plays that mitigate the downside of smaller players

The Lbs are all big.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The Bears did bring him in for a private meeting.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
They brought him in for a visit so you would think they would have interviewed him then.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
What is small about 6-3 245-pounds? Suggs played in the 235 to 245 (at most) range in college and didn't weight 261 until his pro day, I doubt he's 260 now?

Beasley is a solid safe low risk pick.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
What is small about 6-3 245-pounds? Suggs played in the 235 to 245 (at most) range in college and didn't weight 261 until his pro day, I doubt he's 260 now?

Beasley is a solid safe low risk pick.

Nothing wrong with the height and weight. Zach Thomas was even smaller.

Reactions: DC