Status
Not open for further replies.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blaming the refs in a WIN.

LULZ

being consistent. call out the zebras, no matter what.

Ducks second goal was not a penalty on silverfucker, but Crow's mitt was interfered with. Shoulda been no goal, followed a face-off outside the blueline.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
I think Rags and Lightning fans had better enjoy their game 7 on Friday. The Wales Trophy is as good as it's going to get this year, again. I just don't see either team being able to withstand the physicality and depth of the Ducks, or the skill and offensive pressure of the Hawks, whoever comes out on top.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
being consistent. call out the zebras, no matter what.

Ducks second goal was not a penalty on silverfucker, but Crow's mitt was interfered with. Shoulda been no goal, followed a face-off outside the blueline.

Yeah, that goalie interference is all the argument you need for replay. Easy call that could be corrected. Could have cost the Hawks a chance at the cup.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
First time since 2000 that both conference finals series have gone to game 7.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that goalie interference is all the argument you need for replay. Easy call that could be corrected. Could have cost the Hawks a chance at the cup.

Certainly could have, and I was fuming about it.

And I'm loving the whining coming out the Ducks fanbase this morning. They're claiming the refs screwed them, not giving them as many power plays as the Hawks...

YET...

They're also denying the GTI ever happened last night. They're also claiming that Crawford was far out of his crease during that play.

Crawglove.jpg

The defense rests.

*mic drop*

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
well. I mean his arm was out of the crease or something.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Theres a bit of speculation after game 6 that Hossa has been playing hurt this series and thats why hes struggling.

Not sure..its possible everyones playing with some bumps and bruises at this point. Were a few points in the game where it looked like he was protecting his right shoulder but thats just me looking for things that may not be there.

Thought he was better once Q took him off the first line. Had no issues with Richards as his center and wouldnt have since day one.

But yah let the Hossa is hurt rumors fly.

6GP 2G 2A 4PTS +2

struggling.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually this sounds amazing. Somebody should start a whole thread about it. I was thinking the French version would sound a little gay, but it actually sounds badass. I could really get pumped about this.

Sorry, the only french I know is, "Zis way to Paris, Mein Herr."

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First time since 2000 that both conference finals series have gone to game 7.

To add to this, last night on NHLN they said that it will be only the second time that (which I find hard to believe, but who knows) this has happened since 1964 (both semifinals go 7 games) before the Cup finals.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To add to this, last night on NHLN they said that it will be only the second time that (which I find hard to believe, but who knows) this has happened since 1964 (both semifinals go 7 games) before the Cup finals.

There was only the Original 6 in 1964. So only the Semis and the cup finals in those days not much playoff hockey back then.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was only the Original 6 in 1964. So only the Semis and the cup finals in those days not much playoff hockey back then.

uh, yes, ...I know. But there were still semifinals and the finals (That's what this stat is about, has nothing to do with quarterfinals or a round of 16).

...and, I've followed the Hawks since 65-66 (I'll be 56 in October), so I'm aware of the original six, the expansion to 12 teams, etc., etc., etc.

Regardless, I still find it amazing that up to last night, only twice since 1964, have both semifinals have gone to 7 games.

And it was not always 7 games

BIB, since 1964, when have their been semifinals that weren't best of 7? and prior to that, the last time there was a semifinal that was best of 9 or best 5 or even 8?

not often (and not for a long time) I'd reckon.

EDIT: It appears that since 1942-43 that NHL semifinals have been best of 7. Since 42-43 there have been preliminary rounds that were best of 5, but win it gets down to 4 teams remaining it's been best of 7, as previously stated, since 1942-43.

Stanley Cup playoffs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup_playoffs

Last edited:

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
uh, yes, ...I know. But there were still semifinals and the finals (That's what this stat is about, has nothing to do with quarterfinals or a round of 16).

...and, I've followed the Hawks since 65-66 (I'll be 56 in October), so I'm aware of the original six, the expansion to 12 teams, etc., etc., etc.

Regardless, I still find it amazing that up to last night, only twice since 1964, have both semifinals have gone to 7 games.

BIB, since 1964, when have their been semifinals that weren't best of 7? and prior to that, the last time there was a semifinal that was best of 9 or best 5 or even 8?

not often (and not for a long time) I'd reckon.

EDIT: It appears that since 1942-43 that NHL semifinals have been best of 7. Since 42-43 there have been preliminary rounds that were best of 5, but win it gets down to 4 teams remaining it's been best of 7, as previously stated, since 1942-43.

Stanley Cup playoffs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup_playoffs

I sit corrected as I thought is was not that long ago for the change...reminds me to research first!

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
From a paper in San Diego the other day. Really... Yet its ok for the Ducks to get away with what they've gotten away with.

- Stoner's hits on Krueger
- No GTIs called til recently, and that isn't including the one Crow received the other day.
- The TMM from Game 5...
- and much more.

11016814_10204298999905529_1000967874072631298_n.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I know the day off is good for the team, but I really really wish they'd play tonight. Don't want to wait.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
I know the day off is good for the team, but I really really wish they'd play tonight. Don't want to wait.

I look at it this way: Once the Rangers are down 5-0 in the 2nd, Grimson will be non-existent on these boards for days because he will be soothing that pain within booze flowing directly into the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.