FRIED CHICKEN, Bitches!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyone got awesome recipes???

I cut up a bird last night and whisked together buttermilk, chopped rosemary, and a healthy amount of Louisiana style hot sauce for it to soak in. I bought peanut oil to fry it in.

How should I proceed?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ground up chex mix, flour, and butter. Fry dat shit

#hoodrecipes

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyone got awesome recipes???

I cut up a bird last night and whisked together buttermilk, chopped rosemary, and a healthy amount of Louisiana style hot sauce for it to soak in. I bought peanut oil to fry it in.

How should I proceed?

Not much left to do. And you've probably done it by now. Do you double dredge, double dip? Immersion deep fry or in a pan? I used to love weekend fry ups, but can't really do it anymore. Have a terrible kitchen and I'd smell like fried chicken for a week or two.

Hit me up next time if you want to try a curry fried chicken, or Middle Eastern with za’atar and sumac. I used to really enjoy messing around with recipes.

May be time to move.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Use some of that buttermilk in your flour dredge (maybe a 1/4 cup). It makes the flour all clumpy and the coating will stick to your chicken much better and comes out uber crispy.

Otherwise, sounds like you know the plan. Buttermilk brine with hot sauce and frying in peanut oil is straight out of my own cookbook.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Have any of you been to that real good friend chicken place out in middle of nowhere?

Rips?

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Willie Mae's Scotch House in NOLA has the best chicken in the country. Just make sure you can see your car through the barred up windows.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I was once told that I could never be black cause I hate fried chicken and watermelon.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This place has fresh, bomb ass fried chicken...all from scratch so it takes a good 20 minutes to get your order.

JJ Fish & Chicken of Maywood
917 W. Roosevelt Rd.
Maywood, IL
http://www.jjfishchicken.com/index.asp

i live 7 minutes away from that one. are you trolling or is it special? the nearest Harold's closed down years ago. We used to call that whole strip on Roosevelt "Chicken Run"

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
i live 7 minutes away from that one. are you trolling or is it special? the nearest Harold's closed down years ago. We used to call that whole strip on Roosevelt "Chicken Run"

That's a good one near Loyola Med Center...or at least was as of a year ago.

chewyps

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;nORFR1s2kec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORFR1s2kec[/video]

I have made this and was very pleased. Highly recommend it.