Rundlaaaaaad

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So if he plays with Keith, he won't kill us...IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING?

It'll certainly help.

But against a team with a vicious forecheck (one of the Ducks' major strengths), there's a higher probability of individual weaknesses being exposed.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The fact that Rundblad is 3rd on the team in +/- should show you how poor of a stat it is. The only thing Rundblad has going for him is he has a solid shot from the point.

So far in the regular season he has shown he is prone to poor turnovers, is afraid to go into the corners, and isn't strong on his feet.

Hoping he turns it up for the postseason but he didn't have a stellar regular season, regardless of his +/-. I'll certainly be rooting for him to have a good game 1.

Another thing I'll just throw out there (i'm still learning alot about the game)

What is Rundblad's Corsi Rating? Shouldn't that help sort out critiquing his play?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It'll certainly help.

But against a team with a vicious forecheck (one of the Ducks' major strengths), there's a higher probability of individual weaknesses being exposed.
Do you mean to tell me that HHM was right about toughness?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Playing with Duncan Keith does wonders.

Not just that... but playing with Duncan Keith to start games, and only every other shift for Keith when teams 1-2nd lines are less likely out there and in more offensive zone draws does wonders.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you mean to tell me that HHM was right about toughness?

I'm really new to the sport, but I have to say, I believe I definitely #calledit on this one. We'll see if my momentum theory is correct soon enough.

See? I've come a long way from PK "Puck Kicking" and PP "Puck Possession"...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And as much as we may bitch about Rundblad, know that you'll be laughing at Anaheim's defense when they're trying to handle the Blackhawks' forward depth.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Rundblad won't be the defenseman getting burned most in this series. I fail to see how Anaheims d pairs will contain our speed.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I wish we could delete this thread and pretend it's not happening.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True, but deleting the Rozival injury thread will keep Rundblad off the ice.
g600616996.gif

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rundblad won't be the defenseman getting burned most in this series. I fail to see how Anaheims d pairs will contain our speed.

Kessler will probably draw the assignment to check Towes and try and rough him up. Their leading scorer in the play-offs , Perry was nicked up in the last Flames game so that could slow him down some.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
It'll certainly help.

I read the Ducks have bigger players weight and height wise..It's too bad they lost Rozy because he was playing much better. Runblad having to replace a veteran D man is a bit worrisome..Timonen's ice time may increase, or they may burn out Keith? This is going to be a rough series I fear, hope our guys stay injury free..

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I read the Ducks have bigger players weight and height wise..It's too bad they lost Rozy because he was playing much better. Runblad having to replace a veteran D man is a bit worrisome..Timonen's ice time may increase, or they may burn out Keith? This is going to be a rough series I fear, hope our guys stay injury free..

That's why this long layoff should benefit the Hawks. We could see some ridiculous minutes put up by the top 4 D of Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson and Oduya in this series.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I dont think its possible to burn out Keith. Keith only burns out when he decides he isnt having fun and really doesnt feel like playing like in 2011. That guys conditioning has to be the best one of the best in the league. I dont think i have even seen him sweat during a post game interview after playing his usuall 78893 minutes. Guys not human.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I wish we could delete this thread and pretend it's not happening.

Dont even think about it. Unlike you guys I support every player on this team no matter of race or creed. Just because Runblad is a pretty boy GAP model doesnt mean he doesnt deserve our respect and support.