HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LMAO, thanks for that. I added his twitch to favorites. It was funny watching him playing.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those of us who haven't played it before, is that a good or a bad thing?

good

It's like a dark souls type action combat with maybe less emphasis on dodging and blocking, though you still use those, just not every fucking second like dark souls. Maybe like a slightly arcady version of dark souls combat.

Its quick, responsive, simple to learn, hard to master. You can also get into potions and poisons if you want, but don't have to. At least not on normal difficulty. And you have like 6 spells or some shit. They are all instant cast that mostly act as complimentary to sword hacking.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
good

It's like a dark souls type action combat with maybe less emphasis on dodging and blocking, though you still use those, just not every fucking second like dark souls. Maybe like a slightly arcady version of dark souls combat.

Its quick, responsive, simple to learn, hard to master. You can also get into potions and poisons if you want, but don't have to. At least not on normal difficulty. And you have like 6 spells or some shit. They are all instant cast that mostly act as complimentary to sword hacking.

I think you hit it on the head, arcady version of DS. You don't die as quick but it is still tough. you can not just hack and slash.

Game is dope by the way.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'll pick it up hopefully down the road, not even necessarily when it's cheaper but when I have the time to sink into it and all the bugs are worked out, which is another big reason I don't pre-order.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, want to emphasize that you dont HAVE to get into potions and oils. Not on normal anyway. Which I liked cause those were annoying to me.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you hit it on the head, arcady version of DS. You don't die as quick but it is still tough. you can not just hack and slash.

Game is dope by the way.

goddammit. Now I feel like I need to make time to fucking finish DAI so I can start this game.

Guess I just have to keep reminding myself the longer I wait, the more patches there will be and mods too.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Also, want to emphasize that you dont HAVE to get into potions and oils. Not on normal anyway. Which I liked cause those were annoying to me.

Wow... this post out of contest is in a completely different thread. haha.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
goddammit. Now I feel like I need to make time to fucking finish DAI so I can start this game.

What are you playing as? I just started a 2h Champion play through- got the Champion specialization last night. Liking it thus far- first time as a warrior. I've done Rogue and Mage.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mage. For some reason I take forever to play games. Probably cause I pretty much never play through more than once so I try to see as much of it as I can.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Mage. For some reason I take forever to play games. Probably cause I pretty much never play through more than once so I try to see as much of it as I can.

I'm the complete opposite. It takes me forever to beat the game cause usually about half way in I either get bored with my character or I find a few details that make other characters seem more bad ass and start all over with a new character. And then I learn other shit about other characters. Rinse and repeat.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The amount of random mage banging in this game is funny as shit.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I had a buy 2 get one free coupon for pre-owned games at gamestop. It just sucked I had to cash it in now, otherwise I would've have gotten The Witcher instead of Battlefield. Too close to the release date, no used Witcher titles. Ended up going with Battlefield Hardline, Dying Light, and Dark Souls 2.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am finding myself unenjoyably underpowered early on in this game. might sue.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
really, they want me to kill scores of wild dogs, drowners, bandits, and deserters to level up? racist