1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The Fire have not drawn a match this year....

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look on the bright side--you guys are on the right side of the red line.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm actually not sure to take that as a good or bad thing, we could certainly have used an extra point here and there. But yeah, I guess that is progress. We are definitely a better team than last year.

If you look at the standings, assuming we don't catch up to the five ahead of us we are competing with OCSC, NYCFC, Philly, and Montreal.

Montreal is dead in the waters and Philly is arguably the worst team in the MLS. So it's the Fire and the two new expansion teams competing for that last spot. Our next game is against NYCFC so a win would be nice to push them away further, although OCSC may be the bigger threat. Should be interesting to keep up with the 3 teams as the season goes along.

Edit: It will be hard rooting against NYCFC and especially OCSC since I like those teams :(

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I'm actually not sure to take that as a good or bad thing, we could certainly have used an extra point here and there. But yeah, I guess that is progress. We are definitely a better team than last year.

If you look at the standings, assuming we don't catch up to the five ahead of us we are competing with OCSC, NYCFC, Philly, and Montreal.

Montreal is dead in the waters and Philly is arguably the worst team in the MLS. So it's the Fire and the two new expansion teams competing for that last spot. Our next game is against NYCFC so a win would be nice to push them away further, although OCSC may be the bigger threat. Should be interesting to keep up with the 3 teams as the season goes along.

Edit: It will be hard rooting against NYCFC and especially OCSC since I like those teams :(

I'm getting a suite for the Orlando game... but right before Copa America 2015 which Kaka just got called up for...

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm getting a suite for the Orlando game... but right before Copa America 2015 which Kaka just got called up for...

That's awesome! That game will be huge for playoff implications. Shame you won't get to see Kaka though. So he is going to represent Brazil in that? I thought he was done from international play? Anyways, have a great time man.

I know this is completely off-topic but I started watching soccer from around the world and got interested in the sport just 2 years ago. I actually haven't been to a Fire game but I thought about taking some of my family for a match this season. Any idea how much I'd have to spend for 4 average seats?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
That's awesome! That game will be huge for playoff implications. Shame you won't get to see Kaka though. So he is going to represent Brazil in that? I thought he was done from international play? Anyways, have a great time man.

I know this is completely off-topic but I started watching soccer from around the world and got interested in the sport just 2 years ago. I actually haven't been to a Fire game but I thought about taking some of my family for a match this season. Any idea how much I'd have to spend for 4 average seats?

Quaker corner is like $30 per. You can get 2nd deck for 25 each or Section 8 for 20 per game.... and I'd rule that out for a family experience... so realistically, a minimum of $100 on tickets alone, plus parking fees (not sure what those are, I usually go with my friend who has season tix/parking pass). 2 Hour game so you could probably manage w/o food for it or tailgate before the game. Parking opens 3 hrs before kickoff, stadium gates 1 hour before kickoff.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yep, now we've tied

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, now we've tied

The Fire went completely out of their way to tie that.

From a neutral standpoint, that was a very entertaining game. Up 2-0 with a man up to tie...sheesh. I've never seen a team like the Fire miss that many chances these past few games. I'm happy we are generating them but we need our finishing to improve. Our defense , while shaky as we saw at the end of the first half, has improved from last season.

Accam and Jones have been on fire, they are the best players on this club. Love them, hopefully they are on this team for along time.