The Reason WHY THIBBS MUST GO!!!!

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Thibs is Doug Collins 2.0...a good coach to bring in for a few years to whip your young roster into shape then you fire him and bring in the real coach

Bulls missed the boat on that one then. Should have fired Thibs 2 or 3 seasons ago, but I guess Rose's injuries really screwed up everything.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think we know understand...

why the Bulls keep missing out on "superstars" in FA. Guys can say all the nice things about Thibs in the press, but the Cavs series showed he does not have any idea how to run a NBA offense.

Oops, title should be now instead of know.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except this was a problem before Thibs even got here

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls missed the boat on that one then. Should have fired Thibs 2 or 3 seasons ago, but I guess Rose's injuries really screwed up everything.
It usually takes a few years to figure out if you're a Doug Collins or not. Rose's injuries definitely messed up the analysis though.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thibs is Doug Collins 2.0...a good coach to bring in for a few years to whip your young roster into shape then you fire him and bring in the real coach

I think this really puts Thibs into perspective. That makes sense as to why the team may not have been responding to him as they matured. Almost like a Scott Skiles.

They may have kept him 1 or 2 years too long.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

roses injuries messed everything up

as far as thibs it wasn't as evident then...he was still a fairly new head coach so you just chalked it up to him learning the ropes plus he was getting results...however 5 seasons in now and he seems to actually be regressing not improving

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
roses injuries messed everything up

as far as thibs it wasn't as evident then...he was still a fairly new head coach so you just chalked it up to him learning the ropes plus he was getting results...however 5 seasons in now and he seems to actually be regressing not improving
We were really going to find out in 2011-12 what that team could do in the playoffs with another year of experience under their belt.. and we all know that 2nd round series was not going to be easy (Boston) and given the way things have shaken out, I wouldn't be surprised if Thibs lost to his old coach in the 2nd round. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they beat them (Boston somehow got taken to 7 games by the #8 seed Philly, and then somehow took Miami to 7 games).

Its also interesting to see how the retooling goes after 2012 (contracts/tax implications setting in). We know thats where a lot of the unity between the team started to fall apart.

But instead we got a guy who is Top 5 in NBA history in regular season winning % and well below .500 in playoff winning %. That shit isn't going to cut it.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thibs is the Love Smith of basketball. Great defense, doesn't know how to run the offense.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we should go hire a coach from Canada who knows offense and conducts great practices.

Yeah, if we are lucky our GM will try to outsmart everyone else.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm having trouble controlling THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE too