It is Pretty Much Over Now ... Let's Start Offseason Talk

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think Bulls will easily find a trade for Thibs, but he is no longer capable of leading the Bulls. He is inept offensively and his next team will realize that rather quickly as well.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I think Bulls will easily find a trade for Thibs, but he is no longer capable of leading the Bulls. He is inept offensively and his next team will realize that rather quickly as well.

If only Flip Saunders was available.

I think we had a chance to get Flip the year we hired Thibs.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The Bulls will bring in a elite defensive minded coach. Fire his best assistant for no reason. Sign/draft a lot of offensive minded players with no defensive help in the offseason. Then lose in the second round because they can't stop an undrafted white guy and a sloppy backup PF on defense. :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
retricted FA.

Who knows what GarPax will do though.
We're not getting him then. We can't do much of anything this offseason freely. Trades / exceptions have to be used.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Better it ended this way instead of getting beat by the Wizards yet again. Making the Finals would have been even worse because there is no way that this team could beat the Clippers or Warriors.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
1. Thibs will be traded and I believe Hoiberg will be the guy to replace him.

2. The Bulls will most definitely resign Butler. EVERYONE is expendable on this roster if necessary so that they can keep Butler. He is the best player on the team.

3. I am thinking nobody important.

4. Garpax with trade Thibs...after that, I don't think so.

5. I have no clue.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If only Flip Saunders was available.

I think we had a chance to get Flip the year we hired Thibs.

is this sarcasm or what?

i mean thibs sucks but hes better than flip

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Bulls will bring in a elite defensive minded coach. Fire his best assistant for no reason. Sign/draft a lot of offensive minded players with no defensive help in the offseason. Then lose in the second round because they can't stop an undrafted white guy and a sloppy backup PF on defense. :shrug:
Sooo... we're going to fire Thibs then rehire him?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
1. Thibs will be traded and I believe Hoiberg will be the guy to replace him.
Why do you think that?

Think about it.. Guy is living his dream job in his hometown of Ames, Iowa. He has 4 children (small children at that). And he has a lot of heart issues. Why would he uproot his family to coach in CHicago and take on additionally stress of the NBA game?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Alvin Gentry's name has been thrown around

really do not want a retread

rather grab Ettore Messina from the Spurs if no Hoiberg

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Hoiberg would not turn down millions to stay in freaking Ames, Iowa.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Why do you think that?

Think about it.. Guy is living his dream job in his hometown of Ames, Iowa. He has 4 children (small children at that). And he has a lot of heart issues. Why would he uproot his family to coach in CHicago and take on additionally stress of the NBA game?

From his recent quotes...Hoiberg's dream job might be an NBA job.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's definitely a bigman heavy FA list(UFA, not putting a lot of attention on RFAs and options). Greg Monroe, DeAndre Jordan, Paul Milsap, Marc Gasol, Brandan Wright, LMA

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
From his recent quotes...Hoiberg's dream job might be an NBA job.
I dunno, I guess I just think management is setting itself up for massive failure if they go that route.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Thibbs will definitely be fired. The team has the offensive players it needs to win a championship. I hope we can get someone creative on the offensive end. Warriors went from an good team to having one of the best seasons in the history of the league after getting a new coach. I hope we have that same fortune.

I don't want Dunleavy back tbh. I want to see McDermott and Snell play more. I think Taj is probably gone as well.

Unfortunately, a lot of teams are going to be falling under the Steve Kerr spell. I think it is fool's gold. Look at Denver firing George Karl, Jerry Sloan leaving Utah, etc. It does not always work out. Coach Thibs has been coach of the year caliber every year he has been with the Bulls, dealing with numerous injuries, installing a great defense, etc. Yes, the offense is not as good as it should be but the way I saw it tonight, the Bulls had a lot of good looks but could not get anything to fall. That is on the players. Plus, the team quit tonight. Personally, I do not see many great coaching candidates out there that can take the Bulls to that next level.