It is Pretty Much Over Now ... Let's Start Offseason Talk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I dunno, I guess I just think management is setting itself up for massive failure if they go that route.

you mean by not getting him? or him not being a good coach?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you by not getting him? or him not being a good coach?
I don't think he'll be that good of an NBA coach. I've been wrong before though.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hoiberg
Nick Nurse
The dude from SA who is an assistant, I can't think of his name and I'm too pissed to care to look it up.

Those are your coaching candidates.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The only thing Hoiberg has going for him, is that unlike other college coaches who have made the jump to the NBA - he's actually played in the NBA.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Hoiberg
Nick Nurse
The dude from SA who is an assistant, I can't think of his name and I'm too pissed to care to look it up.

Those are your coaching candidates.

Ettore Messina?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only thing Hoiberg has going for him, is that unlike other college coaches who have made the jump to the NBA - he's actually played in the NBA.
Yeah and he has FO experience. That's about it though.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Kenny Atkinson - Atlanta assistant
Tyron Lue - Cavs assistant
Ime Udoka - SA assistant

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Nick Nurse isn't a candidate on the Bulls list. He's a guy I brought up, but I highly doubt the Bulls are going to call him.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I will take the Spurs assistant as you see how the last one is doing as a HC for the Hawks.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
ppl are scared of Fred because the history of college coaches making that jump and failing

i feel he will be a different...he seems to be really in touch with the current NBA

hes admitted he watches more NBA than College and he runs NBA sets with his team...IMO this guy is a NBA coach

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Again, Hoiberg has actually played in the NBA, so he isn't your usual college coach that makes the jump. I just don't think the sets he has run in the college game is anything special when put in the professional game. It just seems ordinary to me, personally.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I'd have to see what Butler could get in a trade as well. If the Lakers are that desperate to offer him the max, they might be willing to give up their 1st rounder this year and one in the future for him.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Here are my answers:

1. Yes, Thibodeau is gone via a trade. Most likely to the Magic or Pelicans. Both will probably offer multiple picks, maybe even a first rounder. His replacement will be a bit tricky. The only college coach worth hiring is Hoiberg, but who knows because of his heart issues. Alvin Gentry of Golden State and Ettore Messina of San Antonio are a few names that have been thrown around. In the end, I don't know who his replacement will he until the rumors start coming out then I can get a better view.

2. Yes, Bulls give Butler the max.

3. Varies on who the Bulls sign. Dunleavy is gonna be an option. I want to wait and see who the new coach will be, so I can see what they run and who on the FA list fits.

4. Again, I don't really know. Nobody's gonna take Gasol. Gibson and Noah are likely expandable for a first round pick each. If you get rid of Gibson, it gives Mirotic more playing time, but if you trade Noah, you can just put Gasol at the 5 and Gibson at the 4.

5. For the draft, I think the Bulls need to address the point guard position due to Rose's injuries. I have them picking Cameron Payne out of Murray State.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I'd have to see what Butler could get in a trade as well. If the Lakers are that desperate to offer him the max, they might be willing to give up their 1st rounder this year and one in the future for him.

Did you see what Butler did this series? This guy is one of the top 3 two way players in the NBA. You don't trade star talent.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:

Absolutely not. Neither of those picks is likely to develop into the quality of player that Butler is.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:

I haven't thought about that. I would have to see where they draft this year though. While I am enticed, GarPax would never do that.