It is Pretty Much Over Now ... Let's Start Offseason Talk

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
By the time you read this, the Bulls have been eliminated, but if you are not, you are watching the Bulls' season go down the drain against the Cavs in game 6. Let's begin the offseason talk. Here are some questions to start our thread.

1. Will Thibodeau be fired and if so, who will be his replacement?

2. Will the Bulls re-sign Butler?

3. Who will GarPax sign this offseason?

4. Will GarPax trade for somebody?

5. Finally, who will GarPax draft this year?

Can't wait to see everybody's responses and threads during this upcoming offseason especially the mock offseasons. Cheers.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Right, the fans that only show up with it's time to play GM...

um, welcome back?

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
I'm wondering why Gar/Pax keep getting chance after chance to keep drafting offensively inept team after offensively inept team, you sure you want them drafting anybody, I mean after all McDermott virtually got no tick what so ever this season....

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I'm wondering why Gar/Pax keep getting chance after chance to keep drafting offensively inept team after offensively inept team, you sure you want them drafting anybody, I mean after all McDermott virtually got no tick what so ever this season....

Yeah. Trade is looking bad for the Bulls right now. I wish the Bulls kept those picks by keeping Jusuf Nurkić at 16 and draft K.J. McDaniels at 19. With those picks, you could have gotten potential starters for the future. Right now, I have the Bulls taking a point guard in Cameron Payne out of Murray State.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:

This team has all the offensive firepower they need to win a championship. What they need is a coach who knows how to draw up ANYTHING on the offensive side of the ball.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol, the team has plenty of offensive weapons...They need offensive coaching though and the right mix of lineups together out there playing. Playing 2-3 offensive inept players at the same time, which Thibs does often, isn't what works right.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Butler is the big one. I guess Dunleavy and Taj is leaving? Go with a starting 5 of Gasol, Mirotic, Snell (if the Bulls don't sign a small forward), Butler, and Rose with Noah, McDermott, and maybe Brooks off the bench.

Still a pretty good team defensively and offensively. Just need the right coach to put it together.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
This team with a better offensive game plan beats Cleveland in this series. Just way too many droughts. I don't think it would have mattered in this game because the Cavs couldn't miss but the last two games were within reach with better offense.

1. Thibs gone.
2. One of Noah or Gibson gone.
3. Butler - sign to a max contract

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, though I think the team will explore trading him first as they will mutually part ways, but it may come down to being classified as a firing.

As far as his replacement? I have no idea. Hoiberg is staying in Iowa IMO. Alvin Gentry's name has been thrown around, but Ron Adams may tell him not to come here lol...

Yes, he will get the MAX.

Well Dunleavy is a free agent, so they can either resign him for the vet minimum or move on from him depending on the direction they want to take this team. I lean towards him leaving so McDermott can get loads of playing time. They'll probably still need to sign a 3 guy, and preferably a 3 and D guy.

Taj Gibson at the very least is on his way out. I'd trade Noah too, but I can also see him staying because GARPAX.

Don't think it entirely matters. The Bulls need to draft a big man though and hopefully be able to develop him.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
This team has all the offensive firepower they need to win a championship. What they need is a coach who knows how to draw up ANYTHING on the offensive side of the ball.

Totally agree with you. They need to find a coach that has experience both on the defensive and offensive side on the ball and has had success. I wouldn't mind if they get an offensive coach and slack a little on the defensive side.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Nick Nurse is going to be a name thrown out there, but I worry he's a Trestman hire.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
One can teach defense, but you can't teach offense or talent. Bulls relied too much on players lacking talent over the years. This team is not young any more. Time to blow it up.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Yes, though I think the team will explore trading him first as they will mutually part ways, but it may come down to being classified as a firing.

As far as his replacement? I have no idea. Hoiberg is staying in Iowa IMO. Alvin Gentry's name has been thrown around, but Ron Adams may tell him not to come here lol...

Yes, he will get the MAX.

Well Dunleavy is a free agent, so they can either resign him for the vet minimum or move on from him depending on the direction they want to take this team. I lean towards him leaving so McDermott can get loads of playing time. They'll probably still need to sign a 3 guy, and preferably a 3 and D guy.

Taj Gibson at the very least is on his way out. I'd trade Noah too, but I can also see him staying because GARPAX.

Don't think it entirely matters. The Bulls need to draft a big man though and hopefully be able to develop him.

a 3 and D guy? A guy who can knock down 3's and play good defense like Bruce Bowen? Don't we pretty much have that in Snell?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
a 3 and D guy? A guy who can knock down 3's and play good defense like Bruce Bowen? Don't we pretty much have that in Snell?
He needs more consistency from 3 point land first.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Thibbs will definitely be fired. The team has the offensive players it needs to win a championship. I hope we can get someone creative on the offensive end. Warriors went from an good team to having one of the best seasons in the history of the league after getting a new coach. I hope we have that same fortune.

I don't want Dunleavy back tbh. I want to see McDermott and Snell play more. I think Taj is probably gone as well.