Niemi Driving Chicago Blackhawks In Postseason

Dismagic1

Niemi is starting to grow on me a little bit. I think how he performs in this series will decide his future in Chicago.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Hes the goalie of the future no matter what!

Even if we get swept, he will be the goalie here for awile

N3

Liked Posts:
How do you figure?

If you think Niemi wont be resigned then you sir are not following this team very closely.

It was a given once he took over the starting job, and to drive the point home even further they didnt pursue a goalie thru trade, even though everyone had them pegged as do it.

Niemi will be the starter next year, they may bring in a veteran to back him up, or Crawford will get the nod from Rockford, but the job is Niemi's.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
^ Thats how I figure...

Very well put!

N3

Liked Posts:
pssst btw Dismagic....thats why Niemi is the future for Chicago...his ability to make the saves he is supposed to and then also make the saves he isnt supposed to.

Dismagic1

pssst btw Dismagic....thats why Niemi is the future for Chicago...his ability to make the saves he is supposed to and then also make the saves he isnt supposed to.

I said if he played well he could solidify his spot as the future. His play in the first two rounds didn't exactly inspire me.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Niemi has proven time and time again that he is a playoff contending goalie and therefore his future in Chicago. Between his two shut outs and some other ridiculous saves here and there, his offense is feeling confident in front of him. Don't get me wrong, a month or so ago, I would have bet that the Hawks wouldn't make it past Nashville, but if Niemi continues to improve and make 44 saves like he did today, this Hawks team has a legitimate shot at the cup.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
44 saves on 45 shot attempts! NIEMI!

N3

Liked Posts:
I said if he played well he could solidify his spot as the future. His play in the first two rounds didn't exactly inspire me.

riiight because every goaltender should be judged on postseason success their rookie year after putting the numbers up he did in the regular season.

The Hawks coulda got swept in the first round and Niemi would still be the starting goaltender next year.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
riiight because every goaltender should be judged on postseason success their rookie year after putting the numbers up he did in the regular season.

The Hawks coulda got swept in the first round and Niemi would still be the starting goaltender next year.

exactly