At the end of the day, Gasol and Boozer was a wash!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Both put up similar reagular season numbers, struggled on pick and roll, and was undermined by injury in the playoffs. How is Gasol's hamstring any different than Boozer's turf toe in 2011?i

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Injuries happen. Pau is a proven winner and champion. I like Boozer but they aren't comparable.

greg23

Liked Posts:
not really a fan of either but:

One guy will be a hall of famer

The other sprayed on his hair and screamed for every rebound when nobody was around him

Other than that they were fairly similar.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
probably a coincidence but funny this team picked up his soft/quitter attitude after we signed him...but it was shown we are better with him than without...still very flawed on defense though and gets knocked off his game by physical play

but i mean he cost 7 million...can't really ask for anything much better at that price...better than paying Boozer 15

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
probably a coincidence but funny this team picked up his soft/quitter attitude after we signed him...but it was shown we are better with him than without...still very flawed on defense though and gets knocked off his game by physical play

but i mean he cost 7 million...can't really ask for anything much better at that price...better than paying Boozer 15

Don't blame Pau for this team's attitude problems. Lebron James has put a foot in this team's ass damn near every year. Pau gave the Bulls an element that Boozer NEVER gave them. Anyone who believes Pau and Boozer are on the same level hasn't paid attention at all...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Don't blame Pau for this team's attitude problems. Lebron James has put a foot in this team's ass damn near every year. Pau gave the Bulls an element that Boozer NEVER gave them. Anyone who believes Pau and Boozer are on the same level hasn't paid attention at all...

they played soft and half-assed all year...not just against LeBron

it was a huge change from how they played last year to this year...it could be losing to the wizards last year demoralized the team and thats when they figured "we'll just coast then turn it on in the post season" didn't quite work that way

it could also be Noah's huge decline...he was the heart and soul but now hes not able to do the things he did anymore and Rose took back the leader role...except the injuries made him soft and hes very prone to checking out

Liked Posts:
How many months was the O.P. waiting for the Bulls to get eliminated so he could post this thread... sad.

I always like this level of analysis that a 3rd grader is capable of where they list similarities, that are highly subjective while ignoring differences...in addition to being wrong on how they classify similarities.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Tell me where I'm wrong. Pau was bought here for the playoffs just like Boozer was. Neither was ther could perform when we needed them. Both were compromised by injury. Just stay consistent with it.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The Bulls were way tougher with Boozer than they were with Pau. Pau is very skilled but the Bulls got punked on the Board's.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The Bulls were way tougher with Boozer than they were with Pau. Pau is very skilled but the Bulls got punked on the Board's.

That has more to do with that fact that Noah was a much better player and we had Omer Asik with Boozer...

I remember Udonis Haslem giving us fits back in the 2010-2011 ECF against Miami when he came back.

Gasol is much better than Carlos freaking Boozer.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Not in the playoffs he wasn't. Tell me how Gasol made Noah and Taj better. I can easily show how Boozer made those guys better. FOR ALL HIS REBOUNDS GASOL DOES NOT BOX OUT. When the games get physical Pau became a jump shooter. If Boozer no showed against Cleveland like Pau did y'all be all over him. The Bulls got punked up front.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Not in the playoffs he wasn't. Tell me how Gasol made Noah and Taj better. I can easily show how Boozer made those guys better. FOR ALL HIS REBOUNDS GASOL DOES NOT BOX OUT. When the games get physical Pau became a jump shooter. If Boozer no showed against Cleveland like Pau did y'all be all over him. The Bulls got punked up front.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
That has more to do with that fact that Noah was a much better player and we had Omer Asik with Boozer...

I remember Udonis Haslem giving us fits back in the 2010-2011 ECF against Miami when he came back.

Gasol is much better than Carlos freaking Boozer.
One, Asik broke his leg and didn't play against Miami. Two, Boozer was injured just like Pau was. Like I said a wash.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Boozer had a year as good as Gasol...because he can box out??? Seriously...Pau brought one very valuable asset to the team that they haven't had in years. A big man that can post up and score. Boozer didn't do that. The defense struggled, but the offense was the best it ever was during the course of the season. There is no comparison between Boozer and Gasol...and are you not the one who said Boozer and Kevin Love are the same?

Asik played in a couple of games in that series...when he played, he might have been the most effective big man defensively on the team. Boozer and Noah were benched towards the end of that series because they were ineffective. Boozer was a bad investment. Gasol and Boozer aren't in the same class.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Boozer had a year as good as Gasol...because he can box out??? Seriously...Pau brought one very valuable asset to the team that they haven't had in years. A big man that can post up and score. Boozer didn't do that. The defense struggled, but the offense was the best it ever was during the course of the season. There is no comparison between Boozer and Gasol...and are you not the one who said Boozer and Kevin Love are the same?

Asik played in a couple of games in that series...when he played, he might have been the most effective big man defensively on the team. Boozer and Noah were benched towards the end of that series because they were ineffective. Boozer was a bad investment. Gasol and Boozer aren't in the same class.

Where was the post game in the playoffs? Against Clevelan? Pau averaged 13 ppg. No better than Boozer. Pau was whining about fouls all day.