At the end of the day, Gasol and Boozer was a wash!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
some people just get off on the bulls losing more than them winning. I swear theres more traffic on here post elimination than during the playoff run itself....pretty telling :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
some people just get off on the bulls losing more than them winning. I swear theres more traffic on here post elimination than during the playoff run itself....pretty telling :shrug:
Its how people get their frustration off.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Its how people get their frustration off.

word. I love the bulls and all, but I learned a long time ago not to get too emotional over sports teams. it sucks they got beat but im not going to get all flustered over it like a teenager :lol:

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Boozer had a year as good as Gasol...because he can box out??? Seriously...Pau brought one very valuable asset to the team that they haven't had in years. A big man that can post up and score. Boozer didn't do that. The defense struggled, but the offense was the best it ever was during the course of the season. There is no comparison between Boozer and Gasol...and are you not the one who said Boozer and Kevin Love are the same?
Where was the post game during the playoffs? I saw the same six minute droughts.
Asik played in a couple of games in that series...when he played, he might have been the most effective big man defensively on the team. Boozer and Noah were benched towards the end of that series because they were ineffective. Boozer was a bad investment. Gasol and Boozer aren't in the same class.

Where was the post game in the playoffs? Against Clevelan? Pau averaged 13 ppg. No better than Boozer. Pau was whining about fouls all day.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
At the end of the day. This thread is a joke. Gasol > Boozer
And yet you can't name one area Gasol improved the Bulls WHEN IT COUNTED. Gasol made the All Star team team putting up roughly the same stats Boozer did in 2011. Problem is Gasol and Noah were all but incompatible together on the floor. In fact Noah was hurt in 2011 too. I'll give you blocked shots if you give me that Noah played better without Gasol on the floor.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
At the end of the day. This thread is a joke. Gasol > Boozer
And yet you can't name one area Gasol improved the Bulls WHEN IT COUNTED. Gasol made the All Star team team putting up roughly the same stats Boozer did in 2011. Problem is Gasol and Noah were all but incompatible together on the floor. In fact Noah was hurt in 2011 too. I'll give you blocked shots if you give me that Noah played better without Gasol on the floor.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gasol has a different game than Boozer, he's taller than Boozer, has a better jumper because Boozer could be guarded by smaller quicker guys, Gasol requires a lumbering bigger player to guard him, more of a match up issue. But this would have been a bigger issue if the Bulls didn't have Noah. You don't have to guard Noah outside so easier to double team Gasol. Anyone smaller 6'9", Gasol will dominate, but those guys could easily guard Boozer. The only similarities in my mind was the injury issue. Would have loved to have seen this series play out with a healthy Gasol... Of course, a healthy Love might have made a difference as well.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Gasol has a different game than Boozer, he's taller than Boozer, has a better jumper because Boozer could be guarded by smaller quicker guys, Gasol requires a lumbering bigger player to guard him, more of a match up issue. But this would have been a bigger issue if the Bulls didn't have Noah. You don't have to guard Noah outside so easier to double team Gasol. Anyone smaller 6'9", Gasol will dominate, but those guys could easily guard Boozer. The only similarities in my mind was the injury issue. Would have loved to have seen this series play out with a healthy Gasol... Of course, a healthy Love might have made a difference as well.
Actually Boozer killed the 6'9" and under guys as well. Remember the New Jersey series? Boozer could get that shot off anyone. His issues was posting against height. Then again Gasol struggled against bigs as well. Mostof and Thompson routinely rooted him out of the paint. Want to blame is injured legs, go ahead.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what op meant is that the overall value we received for either of them is a wash.

Theoretically yes he is correct as we did not achieve anything more with Pau than with Booz, but I disagree as they were on different teams with different players for one, and secondly it was apparent that this team was better with Gasol on the floor. We could not say the same without boozer on the floor, arguably IMO the team was worse with the Booz Cruise on the court.