Toews Is A Terrible Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Still think they need a Panarin-TT-Kane line next year. Über midget line FTW! And they can be the captain and assistant captains. Fuck Toes, Sharp, and Kieff!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I just hope St. Louis thinks he's enough for us to get David Backes in a straight-up trade. Can't win with this bum.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I can attest to this Grimson and I have been following TT since the Fins won the World Juniors and TT was the Tourney MVP. I think Grimson had even been following him longer.

He should have been called up to the team to begin this season and been with them all year. THe AHL did nothing for this kid because he is above the skill level of any AHL players. But those who were basing their opinions on his less than stellar AHL numbers once again failed when they said he should have remained there and wasn't NHL ready. Once again proving that AHL stats don't mean shit when you are dealing with naturally gifted talents like TT.

He is now coming into his own because he gets to compete with other world top talent and that elivates him instead of playing with fat sluggy AHL players.

Grimson knows his shit so next time listen to him and he is right about TT deserving the C. Toews has become hot headed and is leading by poor example. TT is cool and calm.

TT should also be quarterbacking the powerplay.

From everything I've read about the play in the AHL (can't say I watch that much), it's about 95% a dump-and-chase type of game, and that does nothing for a guy like Teuvo, who just isn't going to win those board battles. Just from reading his interviews this season, it seemed like he was so happy to get called up because it allowed him to play a more open style of hockey that suits his skill set. And I think we're starting to see the benefits of that.

And holy fucking shit, yes, get him on the goddam power play yesterday.

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
Give it a rest a Grim. You don't have to keep proving to us that you're only skill in life is to troll message boards, or how much cleaner the air would be if you stopped polluting it with your worthlessness. Do us a favor and go play in heavy traffic.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Give it a rest a Grim. You don't have to keep proving to us that you're only skill in life is to troll message boards, or how much cleaner the air would be if you stopped polluting it with your worthlessness. Do us a favor and go play in heavy traffic.

Pretty much.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sorry if the truth scares you.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
From everything I've read about the play in the AHL (can't say I watch that much), it's about 95% a dump-and-chase type of game, and that does nothing for a guy like Teuvo, who just isn't going to win those board battles. Just from reading his interviews this season, it seemed like he was so happy to get called up because it allowed him to play a more open style of hockey that suits his skill set. And I think we're starting to see the benefits of that.

And holy fucking shit, yes, get him on the goddam power play yesterday.

I disagree and think that's why it was good for him. He's not in the AHL to put up good numbers, he's in the AHL to get used to more dump and chase smaller ice of the NA hockey because it's still going to be very relevant for him to deal with those board battles and struggles around the tighter space. Even if he isn't typically doing it, but he still does show he can make smart good plays with the puck along the boards like deflecting it to a scoring chance quickly.

You don't want him to be like Versteeg who literally talked about not liking having to be on a line that tries to dump and chase when he was playing post kane's injury.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Some of you need to take off the red-black-white colored sunglasses and realize that TT is the only one on this team that seems to give a damn. Bickell is a close second. Clearly, Toews has checked out.

Adun

Liked Posts:
Fuck him, that goal last night was again a no look shot. Needs to grow up and take the game more seriously, this is not Finland

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
How is this guy allowed to start threads still that are completely useless? Also, why has a mod not closed this thread yet since it is another lame attempt at trolling.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
How is this guy allowed to start threads still that are completely useless? Also, why has a mod not closed this thread yet since it is another lame attempt at trolling.
Please stay on thread topic.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Please stop harassing me in all of my threads.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

Because they just don't care.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of you need to take off the red-black-white colored sunglasses and realize that TT is the only one on this team that seems to give a damn. Bickell is a close second. Clearly, Toews has checked out.

In giving a damn? LMAO!

TCD

Liked Posts:
Hes going to selfishly take Keiths Conn Smyth that's all I know. Fucking guy won't even buy Duncs dinner before fucking him up the ass I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.