Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jordan Clarkson made it? Wow...but I guess he did finish the 2nd half of the season strong with the starting spot.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a weak class.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This highly touted rookie draft class is actually a fairly big disappointment...

The #1 pick made it, I'll excuse Parker since he tore his ACL...Embiid spent the year redshirted with an injury. Aaron Gordon, meh, Exum, meh.. Smart had his moments, Randle-injured...Stauskas - Overrated as I thought he'd be Payton = Good deal.. Doug.. Thibs redshirted.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sold as Mirotic as a future star. His shooting is suspect. He is a below 30% three-point shooter (playoffs + regular season) and that isn't going to cut it (even as a 4). He needs to improve a lot.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sold as Mirotic as a future star. His shooting is suspect. He is a below 30% three-point shooter (playoffs + regular season) and that isn't going to cut it (even as a 4). He needs to improve a lot.
He was erratic, but he was also a 40% shooter in Europe. He will get better.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was erratic, but he was also a 40% shooter in Europe. He will get better.

It's a different league. Not close to the level of defense in the NBA. Not sold on trading away a work horse in Taj to make room for "the future" Mirotic.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's a different league. Not close to the level of defense in the NBA. Not sold on trading away a work horse in Taj to make room for "the future" Mirotic.
Taj is old and won't get any better. Niko still can get better at his age.

His defense is fairly terrible right now, but there is room for improvement. The guy has obvious offensive game. He'll need to work on the 3 point shooting still as well.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Not saying he's gonna be Dirk, but look at Dirk's rookie numbers.

40% overall, 20% from 3.

I'd give him another year just to see what he really has.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

we need a wing...i still think McDermott has a chance to be something but i would not go into next year counting on him to be a player again...its time to cash in on the value of Taj

iif not a wing i'd also trade Taj for a younger big such Willie Cauley Stein which would acutally be my preference because i think the future is what we need to focus on

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we need a wing...i still think McDermott has a chance to be something but i would not go into next year counting on him to step u...its time to cash in on the value of Taj

Nope. It's time to dump Noah. Let Gasol play the 5, primarily. It minimizes the effect of his crappy pick-and-roll defense when he's put at the 4. Or Mirotic's crappy pick and roll defense when he's playing alongside Pau (Pau at 5).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nope. It's time to dump Noah. Let Gasol play the 5, primarily. It minimizes the effect of his crappy pick-and-roll defense when he's put at the 4. Or Mirotic's crappy pick and roll defense when he's playing alongside Pau (Pau at 5).
Its time to dump Noah and Gibson actually.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

sure i'd trade Noah over Taj all day...but who's taking Noah at this point?

if we were to find a taker we would be lucky to not have to take back a bad contract

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taj is old and won't get any better. Niko still can get better at his age.

His defense is fairly terrible right now, but there is room for improvement. The guy has obvious offensive game. He'll need to work on the 3 point shooting still as well.

Taj is like 30. He's going to be the same player for the next several seasons. And he's actually playing with more explosion (plantar fasciitis in both feet) and a finer-tuned offensive game than he did a couple of seasons ago.

Noah is the guy to lose. He is becoming a complete liability offensively with his terrible free throw shooting and forced passes. He is not aggressive whatsoever in terms of attacking the rim and that is unacceptable to have as a poor shooter. His rebounding has declined, as well. Sick of Rose passing the responsibility as "vocal leader" to an emotionally-driven basket case in Noah.

Time to trade Jo.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Its time to dump Noah and Gibson actually.

yeah pretty much

i have a feeling they are gonna try to give this roster another go under a different coach though....front office thinks they have built the best roster ever...if Hoiberg isn't coaching im not watching religiously next season

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

if we were to find a taker we would be lucky to not have to take back a bad contract

Plenty of teams would trade for Noah. And I'd love to take on a similarly bad contract if it was a perimeter scorer as opposed to Jo, at this point.

This forum, weeks ago, was talking about how "untradeable" Rose was, and now he is back as easily a top 10 point guard in the NBA in a league full of great point guards. There is almost no such thing as an untradeable player anymore, and there are a lot of worse players with worse contracts than Noah right now.

Taj is a more valuable player with a better contract. Obviously the Bulls should explore options to trade Taj or anybody if it means improving the team short and long term. But Taj is far more preferable to keep seeing as he's the better player with a VERY good contract.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Pretty much par for the course since Pax has been in the FO. Wait too long to trade players while they still have a lot of value.

It seems like a lot of Bulls fans recognize that the players aren't going to get any better, so it's best to trade them while the value is high. [Kirk, Deng, Noah, Gibson, Gordon, etc.] But Pax and now Gar seem to stick with those guys for-fuckin-ever, and then we get nothing in return.

I'm not advocating that we should trade young players the second they start playing well... Just recognize when they aren't going to get any better and that they won't win you a title and move on. Butler deserves a big deal from the Bulls with the way he has played. But if what he has shown is his peak and he doesn't improve at all over the next two seasons [and we aren't any closer to a title], I think it would be wise to trade him and get a lot back in return while he's still young. But the Bulls would probably wait until he's 30 and declining and then get a couple of back ups and protected first round pick or some shit.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not saying he's gonna be 40% automatically, but he won't be stuck at 30% is what I'm saying. He will improve.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is a future star. They need to re-make the team with he as a starter. Gasol, if they keep him should come off of the bench as a center. Personally I'd try and trade Gasol if they can get a lottery pick for him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
we need a wing...i still think McDermott has a chance to be something but i would not go into next year counting on him to be a player again...its time to cash in on the value of Taj

iif not a wing i'd also trade Taj for a younger big such Willie Cauley Stein which would acutally be my preference because i think the future is what we need to focus on

I've seen Stein play and think that he will be a bust. He has no offensive game and gets moved around pretty well by smaller guys. No to Stein for me.