Article: "Derrick Rose/Jimmy Butler Tension Marred Game 6"

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose and Butler are the next Jordan and Pippen! Championship!

:troll:

And no Scoot, yall can not have Anthony Davis! Get those devil thoughts out your head!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
that wasn't in his rookie year it was in his 2nd year

i still remember it vividly Deng pulled his hammy against Boston then Jimmy came in and made a difference...i even made a thread saying we finally got a backup for Deng and was pleading for thibs to play him when Deng came back

that was back when he would seemingly come out of nowhere for steals and offensive rebounds lol...he doesn't do those as much anymore but he def has made allot of progress on his overall game
Yeah, idk.... I get the feeling you'd be saying it had nothing to do with Thibs regardless. Conversely, if say Snell or McD are solid 70 games+ playoff contributers we'd hear it was all because of Hoiberg to no end.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Yeah, idk.... I get the feeling you'd be saying it had nothing to do with Thibs regardless. Conversely, if say Snell or McD are solid 70 games+ playoff contributers we'd hear it was all because of Hoiberg to no end.

ultimately its on the player to work on his game and improve each season

the coaches job is to give them the opportunity and put them the best position to succeed...thibs seems to have trust issues with younger players and he doesn't like playing them unless he has too

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You can argue that by the time we assemble a good enough team around one or the other they'll be at that age where they're going to be on the decline. Fully possible unless GarPax are able to retool the team well enough within a couple years with some savvy picks and good FA signings.

Butler has at least five to seven years before declining, right? If GarPax can't get it done in that timeframe, I don't know what to say

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose and Butler are the next Jordan and Pippen! Championship!

:troll:

And no Scoot, yall can not have Anthony Davis! Get those devil thoughts out your head!
I await 2021 for Anthony Davis to come on home.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Butler has at least five to seven years before declining, right? If GarPax can't get it done in that timeframe, I don't know what to say
Well again it depends on what you think the team needs and how it can acquire those needs. Rose and Butler are 26 and 25 respectively. Let's pretend that Rose and Butler are prime all star level players no matter what for the next 5 years. That means GarPax has 5 years to put a cast around them that can get through the Cavs, Wizards, Bucks, Pacers, and whoever comes out of the West. This cast after the next year or two will not include players like Noah, Gibson, and Gasol. You'll have to replace them one way or another. You can hope Mirotic, McDermott, and Snell can make strides, but there's still several holes to fill. And every year it takes is taking a year off of the prime of our two best players.

I have confidence that they can put together a good team that can reach the 2nd round with ease, but I don't know if they can make a championship contender.

I'm also still sad that our season is over so...

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Inflammatory article. Even if its true, its something that can be worked out. I don't see either one of them as a diva, probably just some frustration that led to conflict.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well again it depends on what you think the team needs and how it can acquire those needs. Rose and Butler are 26 and 25 respectively. Let's pretend that Rose and Butler are prime all star level players no matter what for the next 5 years. That means GarPax has 5 years to put a cast around them that can get through the Cavs, Wizards, Bucks, Pacers, and whoever comes out of the West. This cast after the next year or two will not include players like Noah, Gibson, and Gasol. You'll have to replace them one way or another. You can hope Mirotic, McDermott, and Snell can make strides, but there's still several holes to fill. And every year it takes is taking a year off of the prime of our two best players.

I have confidence that they can put together a good team that can reach the 2nd round with ease, but I don't know if they can make a championship contender.

I'm also still sad that our season is over so...
Even if the Bulls traded some of their older guys, this roster is still a 2nd round team. They aren't going to the lottery any time soon unless everyone gets injured.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even if the Bulls traded some of their older guys, this roster is still a 2nd round team. They aren't going to the lottery any time soon unless everyone gets injured.
Well...injuries do seem to be a common occurrence on this team. But yes, I do have confidence that we're a 2nd round team for the foreseeable future. Problem is, that's not good enough. We don't want to be like the Hawks of the past decade.

Our core will be Rose, Butler, Mirotic, McDermott, and Snell for the next 2-4 years I think depending on how the FO wants to deal with Rose. We basically need to rebuild the entire frontcourt while also having an insurance/replacement PG for Rose all while trying to get another star on the team, either to replace Rose if/when he's run out of town or to build our own big three.

All this to say, I don't think we're going to be terrible, but every year it takes to retool the team takes a year away from a prime Jimmy Butler and a prime-ish Rose and the core as is won't get us to perennial ECF/Finals contender status unless Mirotic or McDermott suddenly develop into studs in the next 2-3 years.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NBA Hell.
Pretty much. And to that end, I'd almost prefer us to be a lotto team for a couple years to give us a better chance at drafting our next star because I have almost no confidence in our ability to sign one.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well...injuries do seem to be a common occurrence on this team. But yes, I do have confidence that we're a 2nd round team for the foreseeable future. Problem is, that's not good enough. We don't want to be like the Hawks of the past decade.

Our core will be Rose, Butler, Mirotic, McDermott, and Snell for the next 2-4 years I think depending on how the FO wants to deal with Rose. We basically need to rebuild the entire frontcourt while also having an insurance/replacement PG for Rose all while trying to get another star on the team, either to replace Rose if/when he's run out of town or to build our own big three.

All this to say, I don't think we're going to be terrible, but every year it takes to retool the team takes a year away from a prime Jimmy Butler and a prime-ish Rose and the core as is won't get us to perennial ECF/Finals contender status unless Mirotic or McDermott suddenly develop into studs in the next 2-3 years.

NBA Hell.
Pretty much what Gus says.. We lack any Superstars and would need to make a trade to have our game stepped up. I just don't see Buckets ever crossing the All-Star to Superstar threshold. Rose I think has lost his will/desire/simply his body to be a superstar again. No one else on the roster displays any ability to be a superstar. Bulls need to make some big trades to step up if they want to be contenders again.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
*Patiently awaits Jimmy Butler is a superstar/untradeable posts*

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
*Patiently awaits Jimmy Butler is a superstar/untradeable posts*
lol, I only trade Butler for a superstar at this point. He's a key piece, but can go if its for an upgrade.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol, I only trade Butler for a superstar at this point. He's a key piece, but can go if its for an upgrade.
I suppose you'd have to consider what an upgrade is. Arguably, Butler is the best two way guard in the league, or second behind Klay Thompson. Who's an upgrade from there? Not saying there isn't, but at what point are we saying that the only guys worth trading Butler for are Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant and Lebron James? Not that any of those guys would be on the block anyway.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Thing is, he'd just be part of any deal to upgrade - unless you were dumping salary/rebuilding.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I suppose you'd have to consider what an upgrade is. Arguably, Butler is the best two way guard in the league, or second behind Klay Thompson. Who's an upgrade from there? Not saying there isn't, but at what point are we saying that the only guys worth trading Butler for are Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant and Lebron James? Not that any of those guys would be on the block anyway.
Maybe Davis or Durant get disgruntled and ask for a trade!!!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe Davis or Durant get disgruntled and ask for a trade!!!
DON'T GIVE ME SUCH HOPE!

It'll only be crushed when they demand to be traded somewhere else :(

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
bulls need to try and find a legit 2 way small forward to start. a guy that can get his own shot, can hit 3's, and plays solid defense. Dunleavy is a nice player and would love to see him back with the bulls, but he is best suited coming off the bench against the other teams bench players where he can be much more effective