Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
bulls need to try and find a legit 2 way small forward to start. a guy that can get his own shot, can hit 3's, and plays solid defense. Dunleavy is a nice player and would love to see him back with the bulls, but he is best suited coming off the bench against the other teams bench players where he can be much more effective
So we need to clone Jimmy so he can play SG and SF at the same time :thinking:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
bulls need to try and find a legit 2 way small forward to start. a guy that can get his own shot, can hit 3's, and plays solid defense. Dunleavy is a nice player and would love to see him back with the bulls, but he is best suited coming off the bench against the other teams bench players where he can be much more effective
Good luck with that one.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So we need to clone Jimmy so he can play SG and SF at the same time :thinking:

ha close to it. need someone a bit taller who hits 3's at a better rate. could sacrifice a little defense since jimmy is on the team

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Good luck with that one.

never said its easy to find....but you guys all just got done saying how we need to find another superstar, well that's what im saying too basically. Melo would still look great in a bulls uni but that ship has sailed

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
never said its easy to find....but you guys all just got done saying how we need to find another superstar, well that's what im saying too basically. Melo would still look great in a bulls uni but that ship has sailed
Agreed we do, but its doubtful within the next 3-4 years in my mind. Outside of a guy we're about to max out, this team doesn't have a whole lot of trade value. The FO hasn't made a blockbuster trade in its existence anyways.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Agreed we do, but its doubtful within the next 3-4 years in my mind. Outside of a guy we're about to max out, this team doesn't have a whole lot of trade value. The FO hasn't made a blockbuster trade in its existence anyways.

that's the real issue. they could make a trade to upgrade this roster if they had the balls to pull the trigger ever

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that's the real issue. they could make a trade to upgrade this roster if they had the balls to pull the trigger ever
Yeah. I'm just wondering at one point do the Reinsdorf's pull the plug on GarPax for repeated failure in the playoffs.

Its obvious there strengths have been drafting and signing quality mid-level free agents. But their weaknesses are acquiring star power through trade or free agency.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At some point I have to wonder how many of these blockbuster trades were ever truly on the table. I think the Gasol for Deng deal was probably legit, but other than that...I don't really know.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At some point I have to wonder how many of these blockbuster trades were ever truly on the table. I think the Gasol for Deng deal was probably legit, but other than that...I don't really know.
Gasol for Deng I believe was legit, but Jerry West was in control of Memphis at the time and didn't want Deng and an expiring contract, he wanted more young prospects, something the Bulls didnt really have at that time minus Tyrus Thomas. PJ Brown was meant to be that dangling expiring contract for a trade, but the Bulls couldn't find an upgrade for that, so they never exercised it. Kind of like Korvers trade exception. But there is also the belief the FO never wanted to trade Deng.

Most of these deals for Superstars though I dont' think ever had much truth to them. I'm sure the Bulls have explored trades for KG, Kobe, Carmelo over the years, but I don't know how serious they ever became.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

for sure. but I can certainly blame them for not being more aggressive to try and make a deal happen. they over valued their own players

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
for sure. but I can certainly blame them for not being more aggressive to try and make a deal happen. they over valued their own players
To a certain extent I agree. But without knowing how plausible so many of these trade options were, it's hard to say. I don't necessarily want them to make stupid trades because they were super aggressive.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
To a certain extent I agree. But without knowing how plausible so many of these trade options were, it's hard to say. I don't necessarily want them to make stupid trades because they were super aggressive.

im with ya, all we have to go on is the perception of things though. they come off as timid to me and afraid to "push all their chips in" so to speak

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
im with ya, all we have to go on is the perception of things though. they come off as timid to me and afraid to "push all their chips in" so to speak
Most definitely, but I think a lot of that is a result of these supposed trade rumors. You'd think we were supposed to have a roster in 2009 containing Kobe, Gasol, Garnett, and Melo if you followed all those rumors to the T. I think that's where a lot of those issues come from for the general fan. Me personally, I'm more irked that we didn't get a player like Afflalo a few years ago, or even this season when he went for cheap.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Most definitely, but I think a lot of that is a result of these supposed trade rumors. You'd think we were supposed to have a roster in 2009 containing Kobe, Gasol, Garnett, and Melo if you followed all those rumors to the T. I think that's where a lot of those issues come from for the general fan. Me personally, I'm more irked that we didn't get a player like Afflalo a few years ago, or even this season when he went for cheap.

yeah, I never got my hopes up for kobe and the only time I got my hopes up for melo was this past offseason when I honestly thought he was going to sign here as a FA(and still wish he had). but yeah, players on Afflalo's level certainly would help this team, even still today. maybe an afflalo for Gibson trade could be had this offseason still

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah, I never got my hopes up for kobe and the only time I got my hopes up for melo was this past offseason when I honestly thought he was going to sign here as a FA(and still wish he had). but yeah, players on Afflalo's level certainly would help this team, even still today. maybe an afflalo for Gibson trade could be had this offseason still
I wouldn't mind it. Both guys are around 30 and probably only have a few more years of productive play left regardless. Afflalo's skill set might be a little more useful to the team than Taj's though depending on what you value.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I wouldn't mind it. Both guys are around 30 and probably only have a few more years of productive play left regardless. Afflalo's skill set might be a little more useful to the team than Taj's though depending on what you value.

yeah, I just feel that Gibson is the most logical piece to move. we have 4 bigs that we like on our roster and we wont be trading noah due to injury concerns and we wont be trading pau or niko because they are part of the plan. Gibson makes 8 mil so he can match up contract wise with some decent players and he still has value to a team that needs rebounding and defense

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah, I just feel that Gibson is the most logical piece to move. we have 4 bigs that we like on our roster and we wont be trading noah due to injury concerns and we wont be trading pau or niko because they are part of the plan. Gibson makes 8 mil so he can match up contract wise with some decent players and he still has value to a team that needs rebounding and defense
Gibson for Afflalo straight up should work. Afflalo makes a little over 7M, though I don't remember if his contract is up or not. Either way, it's a pretty even trade salary wise.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Gibson for Afflalo straight up should work. Afflalo makes a little over 7M, though I don't remember if his contract is up or not. Either way, it's a pretty even trade salary wise.

hes got one year left on his deal. dunno if Portland would want Gibson though, guess it depends on what happens with LA. another guy id be interested in trading for is Wilson chandler from Denver. he is 6'8 athletic, hits 3's and rebounds well for a 3

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hes got one year left on his deal. dunno if Portland would want Gibson though, guess it depends on what happens with LA. another guy id be interested in trading for is Wilson chandler from Denver. he is 6'8 athletic, hits 3's and rebounds well for a 3
Depaul fan would approve lol. Chandler strikes me as astoundingly mediocre. He's got good skills, but never seems to do much with them. He does have some stretches where he does well, but always seems level out. He could do well here though starting at SF and playing some stretch 4 in small lineups. He's a solid defender which helps his case.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Depaul fan would approve lol. Chandler strikes me as astoundingly mediocre. He's got good skills, but never seems to do much with them. He does have some stretches where he does well, but always seems level out. He could do well here though starting at SF and playing some stretch 4 in small lineups. He's a solid defender which helps his case.

I mean he shot 43% and 34% from downtown while grabbing 6 boards a game in 32 min per game while like you said, playing solid defense. I think the bulls could use that for sure...plus I would expect his 3 point shooting to go up when playing with guys like rose, butler, and gasol getting him more open looks. another guy I would target would be kevin martin from minny...he would certainly improve the outside shooting a ton