Game 2 IGT: Blackhawks @ Ducks 5/19 at 8:00 p.m.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Cumiskey is definitely in for the next game.Seems like Q rarely changes his lineup after a win.

And after Cumiskey, who else is left to even try?
Steeg as a defensemen lol

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
And Anaheim hasn't committed any turnovers in the last two games?

That has nothing to do with chasing/your point that I disagreed with. You said Anaheim is chasing the Hawks all over the ice, which is bullshit because the only chasing done last night was long stretches of the Hawks failing to break the puck out and then having to try and defend.

The consistent pressure, lack of time and space and physical pounding the 12 Duck forwards are giving the 4 Hawks defenseman is going to take a toll sooner or later more so on the Hawks then Ducks.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That has nothing to do with chasing/your point that I disagreed with. You said Anaheim is chasing the Hawks all over the ice, which is bullshit because the only chasing done last night was long stretches of the Hawks failing to break the puck out and then having to try and defend.

The consistent pressure, lack of time and space and physical pounding the 12 Duck forwards are giving the 4 Hawks defenseman is going to take a toll sooner or later more so on the Hawks then Ducks.

What about when the Hawks have had sustained possession in the Anaheim zone? They're not expending any energy when they get stuck in their own end for 30 or 45 minutes?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
What about when the Hawks have had sustained possession in the Anaheim zone? They're not expending any energy when they get stuck in their own end for 30 or 45 minutes?

That was few and far between last night.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think Cumiskey is definitely in for the next game.Seems like Q rarely changes his lineup after a win.

And after Cumiskey, who else is left to even try?

Pokka or Towering Svedberg? Carcillo has been practicing as a defense-men since he came back from injury for the team.

Can they call back Palilota? They sent him home and there was twitter pics of how it was mainly so he could go to his graduation. Now that that's over, is it against the rules to bring him back since they sent him away? Maybe he'd get a go... but honestly his 1 game action didn't make me think he'd be better than Rundblad right now without a training camp.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Wasn't in Game 1.

Although the Hawks 4th line had plenty of those chances last night. And while facing the dreaded Getzlaf line. That includes the game-winner.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every year there is a playoff opponent that is supposed to just beat the tiny wimpy Hawks players down to a bloody pulp. Last year the Kings and the Blues, Boston before that, Vancouver and San Jose when they were relevant. The intensity of the hitting by the Ducks wears them down also and maybe I'm wrong but I thing it will diminish as the series progresses. Now that Q has the last change these next 2 games Hawks should take advantage of better matchups.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Hey guys don't forget the ducks also hit like 5 posts last night and a few due directly to turn overs.

Hawks were kind of lucky at points to get out of that game with a win. Game of inches though..game of inches

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Hey guys don't forget the ducks also hit like 5 posts last night and a few due directly to turn overs.

Hawks were kind of lucky at points to get out of that game with a win. Game of inches though..game of inches

You like those games played with inches

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

True, but I think those things tend to even out over a 7-game series most of the time. I'd think that crazy stick save Andersen made on Kane in Game 1 is just about the same as hitting the post on a shot.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Wasn't in Game 1.

Although the Hawks 4th line had plenty of those chances last night. And while facing the dreaded Getzlaf line. That includes the game-winner.

Yeah this gets kinda ridiculous after a while. The Hawks have been facing these kinds of teams all season long, all playoffs long for the last 6 or 7 years straight now, if it's going to pay "dividends" for those teams playing that way down the road then I guess they're still waiting on it because the Hawks have meanwhile gone to 5 WCFs in that time period and won 2 Cups, including one against the big ,bad Bruins who were supposed to maul the Hawks up and down the ice.

Just because of the random nature of hockey alone, no matter what team or style of play that team may employ, it's not going to always work out in a win for the Hawks, but more often than not it will, even last year when they didn't have near the kind of team they do this year. They've shown that. For the better part of a fucking decade lol. But we're still gonna hear the stupid bullshit about how the teams outhitting them will eventually wear them out.

It's funny how everyone will talk about the minutes the top 4 dmen for the Hawks have been playing (even though it's not even that much more than they normally play in the playoffs) and no one here will talk about Getzlaf's near 40 minutes of ice time (more than any other Hawk forward) and how slow (or really not trying at all) he was to get to Kruger on the game winning goal in OT. Too bad he didn't have the spell where for every hit he made on the Hawks he replenished his own energy active right?

Adun

Liked Posts:

Not true, your memory is stuck on the end of the first and second periods, other than that it was pretty even, actually Hawks a little better

Adun

Liked Posts:

Fuck those. The first one was after the linesman intercepted a breakaway pass to Toews, the second was never going in, it was the outside of the post while Crawford had the inside covered and the third one was deflected by Seabs

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hawks should've won game 1. Ducks, game 2.
Funny how things work.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Not true, your memory is stuck on the end of the first and second periods, other than that it was pretty even, actually Hawks a little better

I guess I'm looking for different things.