Chicago Bulls Draft Discussion Thread

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Based on nearly all of the mocks, I would actually be okay with trading our first pick for a 2016 pick, or two early 2015 2nd round picks(only because there are a few players I think will actually pan out in the NBA).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Knicks are looking to trade #4 apparently.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone remind me how Orlando has our 2nd rounder

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Someone remind me how Orlando has our 2nd rounder
Magic2010Sm.gif

Magic

Traded rights to Milovan Rakovic to Bulls for Anthony Randolph, 2015 second round pick (more favorable of Bulls, Nuggets picks) (?-?), 2016 second round pick (more favorable of Blazers, Bulls picks) (?-?), cash on 2014-07-14

The follow up to Doug McDermott's trade.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Boston sure can attempt to build a great team through the draft in the next 3 years if things go right for them...

This year they have #16 and #28.

In 2016 they have their own pick, Dallas's pick (Top 7 protected) and Brooklyn's unprotected pick

In 2017 they have the option to swap picks with Brooklyn and have Memphis's pick (Top 10 protected)

In 2018, they have their own pick and Brooklyn's unprotected pick.

I keep imagining Brooklyn is going to suck one of these years.. I thought they were lottery bound this year actually.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Nets will be lottery bound within a couple years probably

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
funny thing is we'll probably get that 2nd back in the thibs trade

so essentially we traded LaMarcus Aldridge+Jusuf Nurkic+Tom Thibodeau for Doug McDermott

:derbulls:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

so essentially we traded LaMarcus Aldridge+Jusuf Nurkic+Tom Thibodeau for Doug McDermott

Doug is gonna be the greatest NBA player ever.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I just want to see the Bulls go for upside rather than another role player. The FO is outstanding at finding role players because they don't take a lot of chances. Take a younger guy who isn't polished with athletic upside and see if you can develop him.

I want to see them take a bigger chance.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want Mario Hezonja. 6'8" SG with great ball skills and ability to get to the basket. Rated 3rd best player overseas. The other guy, is that 6'6" point guard from China but I think he'll be one of the top 5 players in this years draft.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just want to see the Bulls go for upside rather than another role player. The FO is outstanding at finding role players because they don't take a lot of chances. Take a younger guy who isn't polished with athletic upside and see if you can develop him.

I want to see them take a bigger chance.
The last time Paxson tried that we got Tyrus Thomas. I'd argue James Johnson was another one.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The last time Paxson tried that we got Tyrus Thomas. I'd argue James Johnson was another one.

You win some and lose some...I am not saying it's going to work but it's just that all these role players are great when you have the necessary star players in place. The Bulls don't.

I honestly don't know what the Bulls need...getting past Lebron is going to be incredibly difficult until he starts slowing down. That Cleveland team is only going to get better in the coming years. The Spurs needed to play some of the best team basketball ever seen to beat him.

This is what it must have felt like to be the entire NBA when Jordan was still throwing them down...

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Found my guy. Rashad Vaughn. Great shooter, above average defender with some athletic potential.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think that there is a US player at 22 who would help this team. I'd look to overseas even if just to bank a player like they did with Mirotic.

Liked Posts:

Not worth it. Thibs is worth way more than a 2nd. And people shouldn't be giving the FO a pass.

If you're going to go from one of the best coaches to some unproven guy because he's white/from Iowa State/etc, just because they want a coach with no spine, the fan base deserves more than a second. The fan base deserves better stewardship than Paxon making it about himself.

Liked Posts:
You win some and lose some...I am not saying it's going to work but it's just that all these role players are great when you have the necessary star players in place. The Bulls don't.

I honestly don't know what the Bulls need...getting past Lebron is going to be incredibly difficult until he starts slowing down. That Cleveland team is only going to get better in the coming years. The Spurs needed to play some of the best team basketball ever seen to beat him.

This is what it must have felt like to be the entire NBA when Jordan was still throwing them down...

James is slowing down. The Bulls list because the Cavs outside shooters performed far better than the Bulls.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Not worth it. Thibs is worth way more than a 2nd. And people shouldn't be giving the FO a pass.

If you're going to go from one of the best coaches to some unproven guy because he's white/from Iowa State/etc, just because they want a coach with no spine, the fan base deserves more than a second. The fan base deserves better stewardship than Paxon making it about himself.

we have no leverage...everybody knows a breakup is imminent and i see you are still misinformed about Hoiberg

hes a very sought after coach that brings a modern approach...look at the conference finals every team is a shooting team...thats what the landscape of the NBA is now and thats the type of approach hes gonna bring

if they wanted a coach that was a puppet they could get one allot cheaper than what Hoiberg will cost

Liked Posts:
we have no leverage...everybody knows a breakup is imminent and i see you are still misinformed about Hoiberg

hes a very sought after coach that brings a modern approach...look at the conference finals every team is a shooting team...thats what the landscape of the NBA is now and thats the type of approach hes gonna bring

if they wanted a coach that was a puppet they could get one allot cheaper than what Hoiberg will cost

Sure they do. They could keep Thibs. They probably should anyway.

I guess at least 3 teams are interested. Apparently you don't know how competitive bidding works.

Btw, you make a good point about how they should get someone cheaper than Hoiberg since they only want a puppet.