Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He did. I think he had one game in 1 or 2 where he hardly scored at all which really effected his PPG. I think he shot a very high percentage in those final 3 games...I want to say like 60%?
Games 1 and 2 he scored 9 points. Games 3-5 he scored 20+. I think something like 60% shooting is also accurate. Then you add in the rebounds, blocks, and steals and it looks pretty darn good.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its gotta be Delon Wright!!

I'm worried if Wright, Grant, or Tyus Jones are even available to pick 20 someone will be able to trade ahead of our obvious telegraph. Without a crazy trade of an injured Noah/Gibson for a low return right now I don't see a need to draft a big or a SF.

That means SG and PG given the injury concerns around one starting guard, and the desire for Hollywood syndrome in the other giving us maybe 2 years to move Butler. That make SG/SF Anderson intriguing.

Grant and Jones (Jones is a great prospect with top end feet. I would draft him all day if the league is dumb enough to pass him for size, but he won't be there, he has the best feet I have seen since Chris Paul) will be gone.

This entire draft for me is predicated on Wright falling to us. A few things help him compliment this Bulls roster
1) Defense and rebounding from a PG compliments shooters McD and Mitotic
2) Can finish inside through contact
3) Is a better shooter than reported

He is the ideal player to run a second team because of his versatility. People talk like he can't shoot but I didn't see that this year. I saw a team that completely relied upon one player for all its scoring. They didn't have a low post player to go to in crunch time, or anyone except Wright to take over games. They played defense and then relied on Wright to come up with all the plays.

He led that team in Assists, points, and nearly rebounds. The shooting percentage can be attributed to having to force plays late in shot clock, having to bail out his team, attack double teams, get to the line, and even worry about gobbling 6 rebounds a damn game.

The guy has everything you look for in prowess finishing inside through contact. He might not be able to stop and pop like Tyus Jones, but Jones is more of the leader of the first team, a traditional point guard and while that might compliment Rose and get the rest of your unit involved I think Wright can do those things and would love to see what he can do with more space being surrounded by talent.

Living in Northern Colorado maybe I saw the Utes play more nights than midwest coverage allotted, but I thought he was one of the top 5 players in college and the most ready out of any of them. He can play NBA defense from day 1, and he is perfect to drive to the rim and put pressure on a defense. Doing that I can envision would open up chaos for Mitotic, and McD around the perimeter.

This shouldn't be understated but his ability to rebound both high and low, plus play defense allows you to compensate with another defender on the floor when rolling players like Mitotic and McDermot.

I think Delon Wright is overwhelmingly the best fit we could ad to this roster, outside of moving a big man at a time when they will be undervalued as I said. If you can trade Noah or Gibson mostly to open up the cash, I get it. And in that case condone investment in another long term big man or a shooting guard. I get it. Ok....but if this player is available he fits us unbelievably. Delon Wright can contribute right now, and he is talented enough and I'm confident in his ability to finish in the lane in the NBA to make his upside that of a starting guard in the near future which could also be valuable to us in certain Rose/Butler events.

Lastly, he gives you a guard to rest Rose and give you quality defense matched up with that Milwaukee team we have to contend with, and the Washington team, not to mention Kyrie. A defensive point guard to spell rose could be a big time asset going forward.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By the way.....speaking of that 2011 draft: Jimmy Butler is only one of 3 players from that draft to make an all-star team.

Thibs wanted him. Gar wanted a 6'9" Latvian from the Iowa House of Correction.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm worried if Wright, Grant, or Tyus Jones are even available to pick 20 someone will be able to trade ahead of our obvious telegraph. Without a crazy trade of an injured Noah/Gibson for a low return right now I don't see a need to draft a big or a SF.

That means SG and PG given the injury concerns around one starting guard, and the desire for Hollywood syndrome in the other giving us maybe 2 years to move Butler. That make SG/SF Anderson intriguing.

Grant and Jones (Jones is a great prospect with top end feet. I would draft him all day if the league is dumb enough to pass him for size, but he won't be there, he has the best feet I have seen since Chris Paul) will be gone.

This entire draft for me is predicated on Wright falling to us. A few things help him compliment this Bulls roster
1) Defense and rebounding from a PG compliments shooters McD and Mitotic
2) Can finish inside through contact
3) Is a better shooter than reported

He is the ideal player to run a second team because of his versatility. People talk like he can't shoot but I didn't see that this year. I saw a team that completely relied upon one player for all its scoring. They didn't have a low post player to go to in crunch time, or anyone except Wright to take over games. They played defense and then relied on Wright to come up with all the plays.

He led that team in Assists, points, and nearly rebounds. The shooting percentage can be attributed to having to force plays late in shot clock, having to bail out his team, attack double teams, get to the line, and even worry about gobbling 6 rebounds a damn game.

The guy has everything you look for in prowess finishing inside through contact. He might not be able to stop and pop like Tyus Jones, but Jones is more of the leader of the first team, a traditional point guard and while that might compliment Rose and get the rest of your unit involved I think Wright can do those things and would love to see what he can do with more space being surrounded by talent.

Living in Northern Colorado maybe I saw the Utes play more nights than midwest coverage allotted, but I thought he was one of the top 5 players in college and the most ready out of any of them. He can play NBA defense from day 1, and he is perfect to drive to the rim and put pressure on a defense. Doing that I can envision would open up chaos for Mitotic, and McD around the perimeter.

This shouldn't be understated but his ability to rebound both high and low, plus play defense allows you to compensate with another defender on the floor when rolling players like Mitotic and McDermot.

I think Delon Wright is overwhelmingly the best fit we could ad to this roster, outside of moving a big man at a time when they will be undervalued as I said. If you can trade Noah or Gibson mostly to open up the cash, I get it. And in that case condone investment in another long term big man or a shooting guard. I get it. Ok....but if this player is available he fits us unbelievably. Delon Wright can contribute right now, and he is talented enough and I'm confident in his ability to finish in the lane in the NBA to make his upside that of a starting guard in the near future which could also be valuable to us in certain Rose/Butler events.

Lastly, he gives you a guard to rest Rose and give you quality defense matched up with that Milwaukee team we have to contend with, and the Washington team, not to mention Kyrie. A defensive point guard to spell rose could be a big time asset going forward.

Or better yet. We don't have enough big guys and are overloaded in quality guards and small forwards. So by all means lets go get another PF with no guard to get the ball to him. The genius of Garfield Goose.