Report: Fred Hoiberg Would Accept Bulls Coaching Job If Offered

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Another report has surfaced regarding the well-documented notion of Fred Hoiberg leaving the Iowa State Cyclones program to coach in the NBA for the Chicago Bulls.

On Monday, Bear Heiser of Fox Sports West tweeted that Hoiberg would leave Ames for Chicago if the head coaching job is offered to him, according to his source.

There have also been reports linking Hoiberg to the Bulls from more prominent NBA reporters recently, including from Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski and ESPN’s Marc Stein.

Even with all of this speculation, Fred Hoiberg remains the coach of the Cyclones and is under contract through 2023. Tom Thibodeau is still the head coach of the Bulls, although a divorce between the organization and him appears to be inevitable.

Former NBA player and current analyst Kendall Gill offered his take on the future of the Bulls and head coach Tom Thibodeau.

“You can go so far with a coach, and coach Thibodeau I’ve known for many years. I think he’s an excellent coach, he’s displayed that throughout his whole tenure here in Chicago. However, there comes a point in time when you can’t motivate the team anymore,” Gill told WGN in Chicago.

Gill also added his opinion on the possibility of Hoiberg becoming the team’s next coach.

“I don’t know really what’s going to happen with Fred Hoiberg. However, in my experience as an NBA player, if you’re going to bring in a guy, you need to bring in a guy who is going to be respected,” Gill added. “You got Derrick Rose former MVP, Joakim Noah All-Star, Jimmy Butler All-Star, Pau Gasol Champion and All-Star. You have to bring in somebody that they will respect. I don’t know whether Fred Hoiberg carries the weight.”

Iowa State Athletic Director Jamie Pollard has said he wants to be certain that he’s done everything possible to make Hoiberg feel wanted at Iowa State.

http://whotv.com/2015/05/18/report-fred-hoiberg-would-accept-bulls-coaching-job-if-offered-2/

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
airgordon will be here to :fap: soon

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
not sure how legit that guy is but :fap:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hey, Kendall Gill brings up a good point (side note: I used to referee this adult flag football league, and Kendall Gill was on one of the teams. Dude is a fucking gazelle when he runs): Thibs was an assistant coach since 1989, and won a title. Hoiberg was a VP for the T'Wolves and the HC of a college team.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey, Kendall Gill brings up a good point (side note: I used to referee this adult flag football league, and Kendall Gill was on one of the teams. Dude is a fucking gazelle when he runs): Thibs was an assistant coach since 1989, and won a title. Hoiberg was a VP for the T'Wolves and the HC of a college team.
What is your point here? That Thibs has won something while Hoiberg's never won anything?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Also: 9:22 mark

[video=youtube;chJeKE2646U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chJeKE2646U[/video]

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
By Travis Hines
Staff Writer
thines@amestrib.com

DES MOINES — Amid swirling speculation regarding the future of his men’s basketball coach, Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard returned from “out of town” to the Des Moines International Airport on Tuesday evening after missing appearances at the school’s annual tailgate tour event earlier in the day.

Pollard had no comment to the Ames Tribune when approached at the airport other than to say he was returning from out of town. He declined to specify where he was or the reason for the trip upon his arrival at approximately 10:30 p.m.

When asked by the Ames Tribune about Pollard’s absence from the tailgate tour on Tuesday afternoon, the ISU athletic communications department did not provide a definitive reason for his non-appearance.

The trip comes amid rumors swirling at a fever-pitch around coach Fred Hoiberg’s future. The five-year ISU coach and former star player for the Cyclones is the subject of intense speculation that he could be poised to leave for a job in the NBA, most specifically the Chicago Bulls, where Hoiberg played for four seasons and has close ties with the front office. The Bulls currently have coach Tom Thibodeau under contract but it has been widely reported that the two will part ways and that Hoiberg is management’s top choice to replace him in such an event.

Pollard underwent triple-bypass surgery earlier this spring after suffering a heart attack. He returned to work late last month. During a tailgate tour stop in Ottumwa last week, Pollard said that it was Hoiberg’s “lifelong goal” to coach in the NBA.

“Now it’s just strictly a decision for him and their family personally,” Pollard said then, “not what he wants to do because he’s made that clear. That’s what he wants to do.

“It’s a matter of when he wants to do it.”

Tuesday’s tailgate tour made scheduled stops in Sioux City and Omaha, Neb. It is set to resume today with a stop first in Humboldt in the afternoon followed by Clear Lake in the evening. An ISU athletics department official said early Tuesday afternoon that Pollard was expected to re-join the annual event that treks across the state to meet with ISU fans.
http://amestrib.com/sports/isu-athl...en-returning-out-town-trip-des-moines-airport

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Frankly I do not know enough about the respective worth of any of the so-called "candidates" being mentioned as a replacement to Thibs. I think that Thibs is a very good coach who got screwed by Paxson's failure to build a balanced team. His ignorance of guard and wing play is what cost this franchise this season and a couple of them before this year.

Let them put in whoever the asshole(Pax) wants as coach. They will not win shit with Rose, Butler, Snell, Hinrich, Brooks, and Dunleavy taking up all of the minutes in the back court and SF positions. ONE perimeter defender and NO ball handler/floor leader doesn't win a damn thing in the NBA. This abortion is on Paxson.