Will Gase have success in Chicago without Manning?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just commenting on the Manning aspect. Last year Payton Manning's arm was a noodle from about the Patriots game onwards. He couldn't get any zip on the ball, and even on 20 yard passes, his passes seem to arc. Denver did a mostly masterful job of hiding his deficiencies. This is complete speculation, but I believe he had an arm or a shoulder injury.

So I believe yes, Gase will get productivity out of this offense as he will have more options in the passing game than he had with a hobbled Manning (yeah I know JC and his turnovers, etc; I'm not ignoring them, just hoping with a stronger run-blocking line he'll have a lot fewer of them).

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let's face it, Trestman was a dumbfuck. He hated to run the ball. He seemed to like to get all of his running plays out of the way at the beginning of games. I remember one of the games where he called a total of something like 9 running plays the entire game, and then the next game, he starts the game off by running it 6 straight times.

What kind of fucking idiot...... ugh. God, he was so fucking bad.

So yeah, as long as Gase has half a fucking brain, which he does, he'll find some success. We have good players on offense. I don't think anyone thinks that Cutler is ever going to have a true Pro Bowl type of season. But if we limit the amount of times we put him in a position to make bonehead plays, I think he'll make less bonehead plays.

In other words, if Gase takes a look at Cutler and thinks to himself, "Okay, here is a guy with a propensity to do dumb shit. How do we minimize the dumb shit he does?" He'll be okay. If he watches Cutler throw and gets a semi and thinks to himself, "This guy can make ALL the throws! I'm in love! HERE ARE THE KEYS TO THE OFFENSE, JAY!" Then we're fucked.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let's face it, Trestman was a dumbfuck. He hated to run the ball. He seemed to like to get all of his running plays out of the way at the beginning of games. I remember one of the games where he called a total of something like 9 running plays the entire game, and then the next game, he starts the game off by running it 6 straight times.

What kind of fucking idiot...... ugh. God, he was so fucking bad.

So yeah, as long as Gase has half a fucking brain, which he does, he'll find some success. We have good players on offense. I don't think anyone thinks that Cutler is ever going to have a true Pro Bowl type of season. But if we limit the amount of times we put him in a position to make bonehead plays, I think he'll make less bonehead plays.

In other words, if Gase takes a look at Cutler and thinks to himself, "Okay, here is a guy with a propensity to do dumb shit. How do we minimize the dumb shit he does?" He'll be okay. If he watches Cutler throw and gets a semi and thinks to himself, "This guy can make ALL the throws! I'm in love! HERE ARE THE KEYS TO THE OFFENSE, JAY!" Then we're fucked.

Trestman is also a huge nerd.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Trestman is also a huge nerd.

1241.gif

Chinese

Liked Posts:
At this point of Cutler career if your trying to change him you will fail big time. That window is gone. He had his chance the last two years with the best offensive weapons he will ever have and still he didn't show up. Now I know we have Kevin White but I hardly believe that he will at Marshals level right now. I give Cutler 3 games and not make him a game manager because that's just not him. He is paid to be a and elite QB so let him do it. If not please put in Fales or Claussen for the year. Let Cutler ride the bench and honestly teach him a hard lesson if he can care about learning from his inabilities. I'll root for him but I won't hold my breath that Gase is going to fix him. cutler is a serious kiss ass and in practice he outshines other Qb and he should because he has been playing with the starters since day one. A backup needs at least to me almost half the year then you can start to evaluate him. Keeping the ball away from Cutler is going against his very nature because he has zero patience. His diabetes as he ages does affect him. I have the same type and I wonder how this might affect him. It's not a fun disease to play with. Good luck to these Bears. I want to see the improvement really in defense and special teams that were god awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk