Grasu or Montgomery?

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
What?

This monkey logic only works if you assume the situation on the OL is he exact same in 2015 as it was over a decade or 3 decades ago....what happened 3 decades ago with Fontenot has little to no bearing on what happens today.....

I have no idea who will be the opening day starter and don't think the coaching staff knows either, but to say bc an interior OL is a top of the 3rd round pick and therefore shouldn't be expected to start is redonkulously bad thinking. Interior OLman picked that high should be battling for a starting spot at some point soon if they practice to expectation usually.

Jesus, this board scares me sometimes.

p.s.

I was alive and in early elementary school I think. I remember Rahib Ismail sort of, and some decent teams like 94'.

Unfortunately that was over 2 decades ago, and you don't just stay elite by possessing a bunch of titles from bygone eras. iF you did Minny would be elite.

Why are you avoiding the question?
its not monkey logic were not talking the oline any more cause you felt the need to throw the nd card out there again and if my logic is stupid than take the bet but you wont cause well cause we know why. its all good but if you want to talk all that shit you should back it up instead of throwing shit to see if something will stick

I am not avoiding ant question ?

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ......Does every thread have to turn into a Notre Dame vs Ohio State thread? Give it a fucking rest. Tell all of us what the hell ND or Ohio State has to do with our starting center.

Rant over
I didn't start it he is the one that wont give it a rest I am not going to agree with his blasphemy

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know where your coming from but here on earth in the nfl usually if your are picked in the 1st you are expected to start and if your picked in the 3rd you probably not.especially when your team just sign a center that started on the team you got your head coach and offensive coordinator from. it doesn't take rocket science to figure out they Montgomery is here to help the team transition to the new system and the center is key.I guess if your from osu all your interested is were your next tattoo is going to go and of being jelly over a school osu will never hold a candle to in south bend get over it man your just showing me how you cant leave shit alone you have to start this again ?

You're

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
why do you even care? why does everything have to be a pissing contest here?

I think the O-line has a good shot at solidifying more than it was last year at least. hell wasn't built in a day, I think Bushrod can survive one more year and someone is at least passable on the right side until they address it next year. if they can stay healthier than last year that's one step in the right direction.

new to the internet, are we?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
As a pure guess, Montgomery for the start of the season. They can use two and I fully expect Grasu to start a long time in Chicago. If you have Montgomery, you might as well use him for a year. Montgomery is obviously much more experienced.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
As a pure guess, Montgomery for the start of the season. They can use two and I fully expect Grasu to start a long time in Chicago. If you have Montgomery, you might as well use him for a year. Montgomery is obviously much more experienced.
how could anyone agree with that monkey logic you must be a fan of an elite college program?

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Well then you should easily be able to back up your point by telling us all about the last time this happened.

Go ahead, give us all the examples of when a C was drafted in the 3rd round or later (in any year, because we all know that history is never relevant), and became the opening day starter over an established veteran that knows the system.

With the drum your arrogance is beating so loudly, you should be able to roll off a couple dozen of them off the top of your head, right?

Sorry for the "monkey logic", I'll just be sitting here eating bananas waiting for your long list in reply.

Except no one said "opening day".....keep trying. Also, lol at all your subjective qualifications you added.

A third round interior OLman has a good chance to start in most cases. The whole arguement was over people stating you SHOULDN'T expect a 3rd rounder to start...which is what I disagreed with. I still disagree with it and stand by that.

I stand behind that statement. Nice try attaching all these other things to it and shifting the goaline.

Grasu will have every opportunity to start this yr. If he plays close tot he level of Montgomery, expect him to do just that. If he struggles, I would expect our someone else to start. This really isn't that complicated of a concept; it's basically as simple as seeing that a program that hasn't beaten even a good team in a bowl in the last 2 decades probably isn't elite.

This thread is pretty gross though....I think I am done.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
my money would be on montgomery this season. bears were very clear they drafted BPA. so saying "they took a center in the 3rd so he will start as a rookie" doesn't make sense. they took him because he was the highest rated prospect on their board.

center is more about making the line calls and knowing the offense then anything else. montgomery is an ideal bridge to allow grasu to get up to speed. not that i'd have any problem with him starting if the staff deems him ready, there's no doubt he's the center of the future, but throwing a center in the mix to develop him can have serious repercussions on the rest of the offense and their ability to develop.

also, fox has in the past favored veterans over rookies.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
how could anyone agree with that monkey logic you must be a fan of an elite college program?

I had an uncle who was a tenured guy in the history dept at Ohio State. I love the Big Ten and ND. Ohio State isn't at the top of my list, but there's some loyalty there just because they're in my favourite conference. I don't see a need to fight between OSU and ND.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
my money would be on montgomery this season. bears were very clear they drafted BPA. so saying "they took a center in the 3rd so he will start as a rookie" doesn't make sense. they took him because he was the highest rated prospect on their board.

center is more about making the line calls and knowing the offense then anything else. montgomery is an ideal bridge to allow grasu to get up to speed. not that i'd have any problem with him starting if the staff deems him ready, there's no doubt he's the center of the future, but throwing a center in the mix to develop him can have serious repercussions on the rest of the offense and their ability to develop.

also, fox has in the past favored veterans over rookies.

This is true. You'd like your center to be physical, but he has to make the line calls. Grasu could be a quick study and still not start this year. I really don't know, but if I was putting money on it for this season it would be Montgomery. None of us know.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I had an uncle who was a tenured guy in the history dept at Ohio State. I love the Big Ten and ND. Ohio State isn't at the top of my list, but there's some loyalty there just because they're in my favourite conference. I don't see a need to fight between OSU and ND.
SEE that's smart I should just put him on ignore cause truly I don't have any hate for OSU as a school its just hard for me not to correct somebody who is being critical of ND without just cause.