Do you like John Fox as the Bears Head Coach?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Also I apprec the gesture and callin me a great poster I suppose you all have taken notice of how ive really brought it with the serious football talk threads lately I just hope you all remember this next year when the voting starts for mvp and the hof

55966-Supernatural-thank-you-gif-dg3W.gif

disliked for taking my credit

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Fox is very average. He will make this team better but never tke us to greatness

He is known as a very conservative coach often afraid to make decisions. He is hardly considered a visionary which is what this team needed.

Get ready for 4 seasons of 7-8 wins, then we get a new HC and start over

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox is very average. He will make this team better but never tke us to greatness

He is known as a very conservative coach often afraid to make decisions. He is hardly considered a visionary which is what this team needed.

Dr.-Who.gif

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Yeah I do. Way more excited to have Fangio though.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Well, given neither has taken the field with the Bears, we really only have their previous body of work to judge from.

Fox: Relatively unimpressed with his previous coaching stints.

Hoping for better with the Bears.

Gase: Even more unimpressed with his past.

Also hoping for much better.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't trust anything any more after what happened with Emery/Trestman

this franchise has made jaded cynics of all its fans, you look like an imbecile if you feign optimism at this point

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I don't trust anything any more after what happened with Emery/Trestman

this franchise has made jaded cynics of all its fans, you look like an imbecile if you feign optimism at this point

Sadly, many like Despro and PIB aren't feigning - they really think Jay will put this franchise on his back and take them to the promised land.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with the bulk of this post. Fox is less a savior and more like the yucky tasting medicine no one is crazy about taking, but knows deep down its for the best.

He assembled a strong staff though. Ideally, one of his coordinators will take his job in a few seasons and take us to the Promised Land.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I agree with the bulk of this post. Fox is less a savior and more like the yucky tasting medicine no one is crazy about taking, but knows deep down its for the best.

He assembled a strong staff though. Ideally, one of his coordinators will take his job in a few seasons and take us to the Promised Land.
You make it sound like Fox is just going to give up the job. I think 4 years from now we are just average and we end up starting over again. Just like we have done for almost 50 years

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You make it sound like Fox is just going to give up the job. I think 4 years from now we are just average and we end up starting over again. Just like we have done for almost 50 years
Doubt he walks away, but he is under contract. Maybe Pace thinks he'll never get us over the hump (much like Denver) and he never offers Fox another contract.

Lessons learned from Lovie Smith...don't fester at 8-8 for a decade.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sadly, many like Despro and PIB aren't feigning - they really think Jay will put this franchise on his back and take them to the promised land.

Dont believe in fox or cutler. However I do believe you when u said Alshon stabbed jimmy in the back. Please elaborate on that further

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

You named two, and seems like I'm the last one standing.

Fine by me.

Cuttys got it.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Fox was a safe hire but not a guy that is going to win us a super bowl, he is the one that is going to right the ship....

When Gase or Fangio are up for HC jobs for doing good here, we should promote the one we believe in the most to HC and let Fox go...

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also I apprec the gesture and callin me a great poster I suppose you all have taken notice of how ive really brought it with the serious football talk threads lately I just hope you all remember this next year when the voting starts for mvp and the hof

55966-Supernatural-thank-you-gif-dg3W.gif

You can't be serious.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Unfortunately I think Ommy is right.

That said, I think he can attract quality coaches and scouts. Maybe after we chill at 8-8 for 2 years, the miss the playoffs at 10-6 the year after one of those coaches will take over and be awesome.

Or maybe we'll draft a real fucking QB and it wont matter.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Like Fox as the head coach. He was better than any of the other options. While we will probably struggle next year and get a high draft pick again, he should be able to get us back on track after that.