Do you like John Fox as the Bears Head Coach?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like the hire, yes. I like all the hires by Pace so far.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
John Fox Fact #1: Loves Shakespeare.

What does that mean you ask? He's a nerd.
Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
461782606-the-chicago-bears-new-head-coach-john-fox-gettyimages.jpg

Fox is good but not great in all aspects.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like him. So far, been pretty happy with what I've seen. Love Fangio. Feeling pretty good about this being a BIG step up from what we had.

mecha

Liked Posts:
if I'm not mistaken, isn't Fox the first Bears head coach that's actually had previous head coaching experience? not a first timer?

he took the rogue Panthers places and if not for Peyton Manning's failing physical health toward the end of the run, I think they had a legitimate chance at a title or two. I fail to see how that falls on Fox when dude can't throw more than 5 yards consistently.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
not really. hes nothing special as a HC and is far to conservative and often mismanages the hell out of games, but he has brought along a couple of coordinators that I like very much, so... well see.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Not really, but I love the staff he put together. That gives me more hope than just him as a coach.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if I'm not mistaken, isn't Fox the first Bears head coach that's actually had previous head coaching experience? not a first timer?

he took the rogue Panthers places and if not for Peyton Manning's failing physical health toward the end of the run, I think they had a legitimate chance at a title or two. I fail to see how that falls on Fox when dude can't throw more than 5 yards consistently.

Didn't seem to keep people from blaming Trestman.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am not on board with Fox as a head coach yet, but no strong feelings against him.
He destroys running backs and spends a shit ton of picks on them. Taking Williams in the first round and Stewart 2 years later in the first round as well as a smattering of second rounders is kind of weird, Especially considering that Williams was finally put in as a starter the year Stewart was drafted, and stewart backed up Williams for a couple years for 16 games a season.

Delhomme was average at best for the most part for his entire career, definitely a weak point for Carolina, especially with Smith being wasted as a result, yet the only effort fox made to upgrade the position was a fourth rounder in 05 that never played a game in the nfl, and Clausen in 2010. that is a crap effort on the offensive side of the ball.

As for his Denver days- It is hard to tell what to make of it. he went 8-8 in a crap division with a gimmick offense- but the teams that played the read option quickly fall off the map.
Inheriting Manning et al is a golden ticket- I cannot really feel confident in handing the success of the manning Bronco team to fox, because Manning is possibly the best there has ever been so far... indy went from 10-6 to 1-15 when they lost him.

I do however feel Fox was outcoached in the post season with Denver and that he underperformed by a large margin given the talent on Denver... but that is just my opinion.

overall, I think he will improve the defense, he will play conservative and win some games for Chicago, but his draft history and refusal to address certain positions while needlessly stockpiling at other positions has me concerned for the future.
He can build you a running game, but there is no doubt he has never been able to build the personell needed for a good passing game- he has been gifted his 2 best passers by new Orleans and indy, and his attempts to get one on his own are minimal and awful.

For the time being I think of him as lovie junior- will make us respectable but plagued with shortcomings.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Not really, but I love the staff he put together. That gives me more hope than just him as a coach.

I agree, I don't think we would've been able to get the current staff without Fox. So Fox is paying dividends based on that alone, even though I wasn't doing cartwheels over Fox himself.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
I'll give my opinion once I see how the team plays under Fox & Co. Too early to say right now.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's handled things right so far. He's not trying to be flashy and focused on what the internal culture looks like. IMO he comes across as one of those coaches that help turn a program around rather than competing for the ring. There was a bit of talk about how over relaxed he had he Broncos in the playoffs, but for the Bears the larger issue is getting there, not how you prepare once in the dance.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Do you like John Fox as the Bears Head Coach?

How can you not love the guy as Bears head coach? He 's taken them through the trials and tribulations of voluntary OTA's and completely owned the hell fire that is rookie mini camp. If he shows the same in the first week of training camp, I am going to petition for a bronze bust outside Halas Hall be commissioned and commemorated just before the 2015 season kickoff.

#Bears GOAT HC

Any thoughts on which rookie and veteran deserve the 2015-16 Brian Piccolo awards ?