PATs moved to 15 yard line

slimeyjimey

Liked Posts:
That means PATs will now be 33 yards instead of 20. It's a drastic change, not one everyone was necessary asking for. There will now be big games decided by missed extra points. The league also implemented another rule change, awarding two points for extra-point or two-point conversions that are returned for a score by the defense. That rule was already employed by the NCAA.
Source: Dean Blandino on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Dirty Curtis

Old Slob
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow I didn't know about the 2 points for returning it. Can't wait to see the first time that happens.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I thought it was interestingly telling how the refs began really focusing on offensive holding on extra points last year.

A hold on an extra point will now mean a 43 yarder...

And a false start would likely force a team to just go for 2 instead.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I don't know about this one. Although it was almost automatic, there still was a chance a PAT was going to be shank kick or just flat out blocked. I think the game is pretty good as it is. Don't really care for all the tinkering. See how it goes until there's some unforeseen controversy.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't like this rule. You can kick a FG from the 3 now and have it be worth 3 points, while a PAT is from the 15 and only worth one point.

I like that they can be returned now though.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's hope that Gould come backs 100%. Has there been any word on him so far in the Spring?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
That means PATs will now be 33 yards instead of 20. It's a drastic change, not one everyone was necessary asking for. There will now be big games decided by missed extra points. The league also implemented another rule change, awarding two points for extra-point or two-point conversions that are returned for a score by the defense. That rule was already employed by the NCAA.
Source: Dean Blandino on Twitter

tumblr_nok0o7mkG61u0202go2_400.gif

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
so PAT goes from >99% to >90%.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was fine with things the way they were but this would be the type of change I'm ok with. Any talk of extra point conversions being made way harder didn't do anything for me. A TD should be rewarded with something easy or nothing at all.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's kinda lame that it eliminates fakes and the coaches ability to make a team think they're going for less surprisingly as it'll be clear if they're going for it now by the interaction with dealing with the Umpire placing the ball.

slimeyjimey

Liked Posts:
It's kinda lame that it eliminates fakes and the coaches ability to make a team think they're going for less surprisingly as it'll be clear if they're going for it now by the interaction with dealing with the Umpire placing the ball.

Could a team attempt a 2 point fake from the 15 now?