The Armchair GM Thread

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Resign Butler at all costs. Hire a new coach who tailors offense to his player's strengths. Move Noah to the bench and start Taj along side Pau. Move Snell into the starting lineup to replace Dunleavey. Increase Niko & McDermott's minutes. Add a solid vet backup PG, & 3D backup SG. Give Kirk Hinrich cancer.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
How about... none because neither will likely ever happen.

The FO is not going to trade Taj away for unproven picks given Noah's injury status right now and Pau's age. No one is going to take on Noah's contract (expiring or not) for picks. The salary cap is about to EXPLODE after next season so expiring contracts are rather worthless at this point. What lottery team would be dumb enough to absorb Noah's salary, giving us a huge trade exception in the process, for a one year rental on a potentially declining player?

Taj may have a tradeable contract but the real "trade" should be in swapping Noah and Taj in the starting lineup. Noah should be coming off the bench to play and guard his natural C position. Taj should be starting so Pau can play his natural C position. All of this trade stuff is just over reaction by fans at this point. All the team needs is some simple tweaking, not a massive overhaul, and it starts by getting a new voice in the locker room. A new coach will go a long way for this team, which despite faltering in the playoffs, is still one of the best in the NBA.

Liked Posts:
KC johnson (?) already said they're not trading Noah.

So when you tell us your Noah trade, also tell is what's your favorite color of unicorn.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They need to dump Dunfuckingleavy and Hinrich. Then trade Gibson or Gasol for a SF or SG. With Gibson or Gasol gone, they will need Noah. I do not trade Noah because he will come back healthy after this off season. I also move up in the draft and get Mario H. as a shooting guard. Green would be a nice addition but they also need a GOOD point guard.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
if we can keep Taj and Butler and go into next season with a solid 8 man rotation of Pau, Taj, Snell, Butler, Rose, Noah, Mirotic, and McDermott then that is a nice team imo. Still title worthy. But is Thibs the right guy to coach them? For me I want Ime Udoka and that spurs system that helped them win the 2014 finals in dominant fashion.

MrDerp

Liked Posts:
I really hope that we select Justin Anderson in the draft to play the 3. The kid has unbelievable talent and is a good defender. He will fall mainly due to the fact he had a fluke thumb injury and missed part of the season. If he hadn't gotten injured he would be a lottery pick this year.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
KC johnson (?) already said they're not trading Noah.

So when you tell us your Noah trade, also tell is what's your favorite color of unicorn.

its not like we would be able to anyway

just hope the next coach is smart enough to bring him off the bench then the FO is smart enough not to resign him

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who thinks Jimmy Butler, while a good player, isn't worth the max? If it takes the max to keep him, I might consider keeping the money for someone else a year or two down the road and take my chances, considering the Bulls won't be seriously competing for probably at least a few years anyway.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who thinks Jimmy Butler, while a good player, isn't worth the max? If it takes the max to keep him, I might consider keeping the money for someone else a year or two down the road and take my chances, considering the Bulls won't be seriously competing for probably at least a few years anyway.

You match his offer sheet and you roll with him. Don't be silly.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

Because the Bulls are so good at attracting star free agents right? Who do you think is going to be available more valuable than Jimmy?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

the cap is going up the deal will level out

although they really dropped the ball not giving Jimmy the 12m he was asking

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I'm simply suggesting maybe you don't automatically fork over the max without serious consideration for the alternative. I don't think any serious-minded money manager or GM would disagree.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm simply suggesting maybe you don't automatically fork over the max without serious consideration for the alternative. I don't think any serious-minded money manager or GM would disagree.
Teams have been handing out the max left and right the past couple years. Hayward and Parsons both got the max last summer and neither is worth it. Jimmy is arguably the top two way SG in the league...at the very least he's more deserving than them.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

what is the alternative tho?

OKC handing over Durant?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He made the All-Star team and won MIP. And lead the Bulls in points in the playoffs and outplayed Derrick Rose. He deserves a max contract for everything he's done this season.

Its also been mentioned that with the large cap increases in 2 years, this contract won't be that bad.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
With the move already made to have a new coach, Fred Hoiberg I guess, it's one step easier. Everybody who wants to gut the roster, Reinsdorf doesn't fire his GM's and operations people easily, but that would be the way to be out looking for a job. You ain't too pretty bright.

I'm resigning Jimmy Butler.

Not knowing what the salary cap will actually be but maybe it goes up a bit.

I either trade the first round pick for a future 1st rounder or a couple of second round picks. With the roster as it is now before any moves, no rookie at #22 is going to cone in and contribute and probably not stick around to develop. Either draft a Euro player or two or get out of the draft completely.

I let Aaron Brooks go. We have to get away from the streaky shooting small point guard who really can't play alongside Derrick nor can run the offense when he's at the point. I would be willing to trade Tony Snell because while he can play defense he's not consistent in his play or his shooting and it's a gamble to believe he will before his current contract runs out. I'm looking for a tall shooting 2 guard behind Butler

I think I posted before I want to keep most of the same players but change who starts

McDermott Diunleavy
Mirotic Gibson
Noah Gasol
Rose Hinrich Moore
Butler

McDermott and Mirotic should spread the so Rose isn't shooting as many 3's. Mirotic plays more outside than Gasol so Noah can stay inside more and rebound.

I want to bring in the bench as more of a unit and make it a veteran bench. They should provide good defense, run the offense and change the flow of the game if needed. Gasol and Gibson can both shoot so one inside one outside, Dunleavy and Hinrich move without the ball and help keep the offense moving. Gasol and Gibson provide good interior defense, Hinrich is the on ball defender on the perimeter.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teams have been handing out the max left and right the past couple years. Hayward and Parsons both got the max last summer and neither is worth it. Jimmy is arguably the top two way SG in the league...at the very least he's more deserving than them.

It got really crazy who got max contracts! Parsons and Hayward??? I wouldn´t even give James Harden a max until he learns how to play on both sides of the court ...