The Armchair GM Thread

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Set Hinrich on fire so he can't exercise his player option.

Find anyone to take Noah's corpse so the Bulls can't offer him a stupid extension after the season.

Offer Butler the max AKA match the multiple max sheets he's going to get from the Lakers, Sixers, among others.

Clone Jimmy Butler and draft him again.

Find a way to flesh out the bench, all while allowing to slide Mirotic in the starting lineup with Noah is gone (which won't fucking happen) -- Robin Lopez and DeMarre Carroll would be ideal, in my eyes.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If I was GarPax, I'd just fire myself!

Then disappear into some cave never to be heard from again.

Dis a good post.... much better den your first one

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
IP matches. IP matches everywhere.

tamaraw08

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who thinks Jimmy Butler, while a good player, isn't worth the max? If it takes the max to keep him, I might consider keeping the money for someone else a year or two down the road and take my chances, considering the Bulls won't be seriously competing for probably at least a few years anyway.

I really like 2-way players like Butler but I think even if you don't like him, I don't think you can just let him walk and use the money on someone else cuz the Bulls are over the cap.
Noah concerns me, but other than that, I think resigning Mike Dunleavy and signing a better back up PG like Mo Williams would be good. I would try to sign a good back up center like Koufos
But my biggest concern is that they surround Hoiberg with good veteran assistants. Mike Malone would REALLY help with defense. Brooks with his experience.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I really like 2-way players like Butler but I think even if you don't like him, I don't think you can just let him walk and use the money on someone else cuz the Bulls are over the cap.
Noah concerns me, but other than that, I think resigning Mike Dunleavy and signing a better back up PG like Mo Williams would be good. I would try to sign a good back up center like Koufos
But my biggest concern is that they surround Hoiberg with good veteran assistants. Mike Malone would REALLY help with defense. Brooks with his experience.

Hoiberg is going to get the feeling of his players, and try to build loyalty. I don't think Gar/Pax are going to do enough to synchronize weaknesses and strengths this offseason until the fans and media rip into them after a disappointing year, then we'll maybe add ONE piece and call it a success.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing that really matters is signing Butler. Can't lose him. Pay any cost. Just deal with it. A matched contract is still a deal over giving him a home max deal. Take it.

Noah could bounce back. Rose should have a better year.