Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have replaced GarPax in the front office. What do you do this offseason? Draft picks, trades, FA signings, keeping/getting rid of Thibs, it's all under your control.

You think you know what's best for the Bulls? Show us what you got.

EDIT: Here's a list of FA's for your reference: http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2015.htm

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well I'll go for a non-specific realistic approach.

I would fire Thibs.. and given what I hear, it sounds like Hoiberg is the most likely replacement.

One of the 4 bigs needs to be traded. Taj Gibson is the easiest to trade.. Noah is the one that should be traded the most though, but I'm not sure what value he has anymore.

I entertain any offers for anyone on the roster, except Butler, because of his contract situation. That includes entertaining offers for Derrick Rose. If the Knicks for instance wanted to trade the #4 pick for Derrick Rose, i'd fucking do it. But that's not really realistic.

After that I'd turn over Dunleavy's spot to McDermott, and then look to load up on some cheap younger free agents.

Fairly simple plan, but again, I don't really go into details.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st: Resign Jimmy Butler.
2nd: Trade Pau Gasol for Wesley Matthews (sign & trade) (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kdbmgsw) Blazers might need a PF when Aldridge leaves!
3rd: Trade for Demarcus Cousins. You got Noah, Dunleavy & Brooks as your trade pieces. I would love to get D.J. Augustin back as well so this would be a dream scenario (although it´s not realistic!) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jwbzbpq
4th: Draft a Center and a SG/SF.
5th: I really don´t know if I would give Thibs another run or get a new coach. I´m 50-50 on that to be honest.

PG) Derrick Rose, D.J. Augustin, E´Twaun Moore
SG) Wesley Matthews, Tony Snell
SF) Jimmy Butler, Doug McDermott, Draft Pick
PF) Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic, Cameron Bairstow
C) Demarcus Cousins, Draft Pick

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In regard to head coach:

I would discreetly seek to trade Thibs. I'd look for a coach who adapts to their players more-so than one who has their players adapt to them.

In regard to roster:

I would seek to find the best deal(s) possible for Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson (namely Noah). Explore the need for a hybrid 2/3 who best complements Jimmy Butler - whether by draft or trade.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
-trade Thibodeau to highest bidder (looking like the Orlando Magic)
-hire Fred Hoiberg
-resign Jimmy Butler
-seek a possible trade up for Willie Cauley-Stein (Taj+22 is my idea...i'd be willing to toss in the kings pick aswell)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Fire sale. Trade everyone for picks.

Have 13 undrafted rookies(plus Hinrich) on the roster for 2015-16. Fire Thibs after taking them to the 6th seed on the east. Then trade the #1 find from that group of borderline D-Leaguers after they stat padded themselves into an all-nba defensive 2nd team and 15ppg for another 1st. Then with nobody under contract in 2016-17, sign as many top FAs as possible, and draft everything good under the sun.

Then I wake up, and realize this isn't NBA 2K. Thus reality slips back in.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They need to do major upgrades to the backcourt and at SF. This team needs to be gutted and re-worked. Hinrich, Dunleavy, Moore, and Brooks need to go. The only three kept should be Rose, Butler, and Snell. So that leaves three additions.

I'd draft Mario Hezonja out of Europe with my first round pick. He is athletic and an immediate starter which would allow Butler to go back to SF. Then I would go after Jeremy Lin in free agency as a true point guard. He can score and run an offense as a back-up. That would leave another SF requirement and to get that, I'd trade Gibson. The requirement back being a defense first perimeter athletic defender who can rebound.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
-trade Thibodeau to highest bidder (looking like the Orlando Magic)
-hire Fred Hoiberg
-resign Jimmy Butler
-seek a possible trade up for Willie Cauley-Stein (Taj+22 is my idea...i'd be willing to toss in the kings pick aswell)

What is the appeal of Stein? I'm just asking. What do you think his upside is?

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
hmm.
1. Get rid of Thibs. Maybe trade him to the Pelicans for a draft pick of some sort.
2. Hire Ime Udoka as the new coach. I think the spurs system that they have ran the last 2-3 years is what the Bulls need.
3. Resign Jimmy
4. See if you can trade up in the draft with Taj, Noah, and/or the 22nd pick and if you can't trade Noah then have him back up Pau at the center spot. Taj is more than likely gone in some way.
5. I don't think we need any big time FA's but just some decent fillers for the bench

Lineup:
C: Pau/Noah
PF: Mirotic/?
SF: Snell/McDermott
SG: Jimmy Butler/?
PG: Rose/?

I think McDermott can be a very good 6th man for us. Snell and Jimmy with that perimeter D would be pretty scary.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Bulls fans are tired having injured players and one susuggestion is a sign & trade for a 3&D wing who just blew out his Achilles & might play 30-35 games next season, Wow.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Somebody said that on another message board too. Thing is that Cauley-Stein is a 3 year man at Kentucky under Calipari. You talk about rare

i want a young a defensive center...noah is done

you can't teach size and athleticism..and WCS has those

i think he can fit into the mold of guys like Tyson/Noah/Jordan/Whiteside

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls fans are tired having injured players and one susuggestion is a sign & trade for a 3&D wing who just blew out his Achilles & might play 30-35 games next season, Wow.
You referring to Matthews? That actually could be a value signing if his injury dramatically decreases his value in FA. He could very well come back strong in a year or two and be on a good deal. As far as role players go, you could do worse, even if he did blow out his Achilles.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Yes. I really like Wes. It's a shame his injury happened right before the playoffs. That's why I think that the Blazers will resign him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because I'm probably still depressed and disillusioned this is what I'd do as of now...

Sign Butler to a max deal. He deserves it.
Try to trade Taj and Noah for picks.
Replace Thibs with someone...I guess Hoiberg will do since all the rumors like him anyway.
Force new coach to play McDermott and Snell tons of minutes. I want Doug to be a stud. Opening day starters: Rose, Butler, McDermott, Mirotic, Gasol.
Hire a shooting coach. Someone's gotta fix Derrick's shot so it ain't so dang flat.
Idk who I'd draft because I've done no research, but based on the roster's needs, I'm looking at a C probably. Or maybe just BPA.
Sign a bunch of cheap FAs to fill the gaps on the roster.
Lose for a couple seasons to get high picks. Use said picks to draft some studs or package in a trade for a stud.
Use the tons of cap room under new TV deal to sign another stud.
Win championship like it's NBA 2k

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
With no regards whatsoever to the cap.....
1. Resign Butler
2. With a big sigh, Get rid of Thibs via trade. Orlando is probably the one to go with. They currently don't have a good enough second round pick in my mind. Make it a Top 10 conditional 2016 pick.
3. Hire Hoiberg, I guess.
4. Hinrich, Dunleavy, and Nazr gone.
5. Trade Taj + Snell to Portland for Pick #23 and Allen Crabbe
6. Sign Kosta Koufas, Andre Miller, Jamal Crawford
7. Draft Jordan Mickey, PF, LSU with #22
8. Draft Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, SF, Arizona

Rose/Miller
Butler/Crawford
McDermott/Crabbe/Hollis-Jefferson
Noah/Mirotic/Mickey
Gasol/Koufas

In season I would take a very hard look at a Western Conference team somewhere in the 8-11 seed range that needs an expiring contract like Noah's and get draft picks + a veteran big.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hmm.
1. Get rid of Thibs. Maybe trade him to the Pelicans for a draft pick of some sort.
2. Hire Ime Udoka as the new coach. I think the spurs system that they have ran the last 2-3 years is what the Bulls need.
3. Resign Jimmy
4. See if you can trade up in the draft with Taj, Noah, and/or the 22nd pick and if you can't trade Noah then have him back up Pau at the center spot. Taj is more than likely gone in some way.
5. I don't think we need any big time FA's but just some decent fillers for the bench

Lineup:
C: Pau/Noah
PF: Mirotic/?
SF: Snell/McDermott
SG: Jimmy Butler/?
PG: Rose/?

I think McDermott can be a very good 6th man for us. Snell and Jimmy with that perimeter D would be pretty scary.

I think that McDermott has a LONG LONG way to go to be very good 6th man. He looks pretty slow and looked totally lost out there. Yeah he didn't play much but I don't think they can count on Mcdermott for much, at least not next year.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I think that McDermott has a LONG LONG way to go to be very good 6th man. He looks pretty slow and looked totally lost out there. Yeah he didn't play much but I don't think they can count on Mcdermott for much, at least not next year.

I think he would be a fine 6th man for the Bulls given the right coach.