Are Canadian Fans of the Blackhawks "Bandwagoners?"

Is it cool for Canadians to Jump on the Blackhawks bandwagon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dollar Bill Wirtz dying was one of the best things that happened to this city. Luckily the apple fell very far from the tree in regards to Rocky.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meant to vote yes, but I got too, too excited before I voted. :(

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I knew that excuse was coming.

So what? No one wore jerseys, no one want to the game.

Why?

Because they didn't care.

I like the Blackhawks and watching some games, but it's hilarious when Hawks fans claim they gave a shit 12 years ago and are best fans in NHL.

Uh, no.

The few of us that posted on Chicagoblackhawks.com, S.H.I.T. Boards (Stuy), and WirtzSucks.com beg to differ.
There weren't many of us, and I understand why, but those 10 bad years made most Blackhawks fans dormant.

I didn't like them getting their butts handed to them on most nights, but it was very odd sitting in 329... all by myself.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The few of us that posted on Chicagoblackhawks.com, S.H.I.T. Boards (Stuy), and WirtzSucks.com beg to differ.
There weren't many of us, and I understand why, but those 10 bad years made most Blackhawks fans dormant.

I didn't like them getting their butts handed to them on most nights, but it was very odd sitting in 329... all by myself.

Lol!

Literally by yourself?

You sir, are a real fan.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dollar Bill Wirtz dying was one of the best things that happened to this city. Luckily the apple fell very far from the tree in regards to Rocky.

All Bill had to do was put home games on TV, and he would've won 75% of the fans back in that instant.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol!

Literally by yourself?

You sir, are a real fan.

BTW, thanks for derailing every single thread I've made lately in this forum. You don't even watch hockey, don't even care to learn about it, follow me around CCS claiming I derail threads but then you do the same exact shit. I'm going to petition for you to be banned from the Hawks board if you keep this shit up. Final Warning.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol!

Literally by yourself?

You sir, are a real fan.

My wife went with me on most nights.
Most of us who chatted on the boards ended up meeting each other and later migrated to IHN.

We all jump on the bandwagon. It just depends on which era.
I think when I jumped on there were 3 dozen of us, and it still needed a driver.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
BTW, thanks for derailing every single thread I've made lately in this forum. You don't even watch hockey, don't even care to learn about it, follow me around CCS claiming I derail threads but then you do the same exact shit. I'm going to petition for you to be banned from the Hawks board if you keep this shit up. Final Warning.

I don't mind hockey, I said I like it.

Calm down.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't mind hockey, I said I like it.

Calm down.

I don't care if you like it or not, you have only recently been coming in here and it's only to derail threads I've made. Such hypocrisy. I won't warn you again.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Most of us who chatted on the boards ended up meeting each other and later migrated to IHN.

I think when I jumped on there were 3 dozen of us, and it still needed a driver.

That's crazy that it'd be that empty.

Did you have an idea of when they would be good again?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Desp srs question for you.... how does one become a fan of the Blackhawks now without simply being a bandwagon fan?

Is it possible? Is there an age limit?

Do you need to have been a fan beginning only when the team was bad? How bad did they need to be? What level of fandom at that level of sucking counts as you being a real Blackhawks fan?

If you become a fan now, you are a bandwagon fan.... is there a waiting period to become a real fan? 5 years? 10 year? Do they need to suck and you remain a fan to like prove you are a real fan?

How does this work?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Desp srs question for you.... how does one become a fan of the Blackhawks now without simply being a bandwagon fan?

Do you need to have been a fan beginning only when the team was bad? How bad did they need to be? What level of fandom at that level of sucking counts as you being a real Blackhawks fan?

If you become a fan now, you are a bandwagon fan.... is there a waiting period to become a real fan? 5 years? 10 year? Do they need to suck and you remain a fan to like prove you are a real fan?

How does this work?

He doesn't know these things. He's just here to troll.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
All Bill had to do was put home games on TV, and he would've won 75% of the fans back in that instant.

I agree. It's tough to be a good fan when the half of the games aren't in TV. Even tougher when your an hour away from the UC like I am.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Or when you'd go see them at the UC against Detroit, and the Red Wings fans would take over the stadium like Hawks fans do on the road now.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

How does this work?
In my reality there's a difference between a "new" fan, and a bandwagonner.

New fans are new to the team and/or the sport and are ignorantof the histories and/or traditions, as well as the finer points of the sport, yet, they're willing to learn.

Bandwagonners aren't necessarily new to the sport or team, but remian willfully ignorant to the histories and traditons.

Case in point--on the powerplay, all shooting lanes are jammed:

New fan yells, "SHOOT!!!!!". Guy next to him says, "They can't, if they do they'll shoot it right into the other teram's shins--possibly cauing a shorthanded breakaway. New fan acknowledges and stores this nugget of information.

Bandwagonner yells, "SHOOT!!!!!" Guy next to him say s thsame thing, Bandwagonner tells him no one was talking to him and continues to yell "SHOOT!!!" on all subsequent powerplays.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Or when you'd go see them at the UC against Detroit, and the Red Wings fans would take over the stadium like Hawks fans do on the road now.

I went to some redwings games around 2002 or 2004 and those seemed to be the only actual draw the Hawks had. They would fill the stadium for that matchup but it'd go back to slim vs almost anyone else.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

My buddy and I had 323 (I'm pretty sure that's what it was, or 321? would have to look up the chart) all to ourselves above row 3... a few people loved to hand out in the first rows... I probably looked over and saw you at some point and didn't even know it. The next year we moved straight across to another empty section, can't remember which one that was but same effect. I broke 2 armrests accidentally when they snapped off climbing down to lower rows.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In my reality there's a difference between a "new" fan, and a bandwagonner.

New fans are new to the team and/or the sport and are ignorantof the histories and/or traditions, as well as the finer points of the sport, yet, they're willing to learn.

Bandwagonners aren't necessarily new to the sport or team, but remian willfully ignorant to the histories and traditons.

Case in point--on the powerplay, all shooting lanes are jammed:

New fan yells, "SHOOT!!!!!". Guy next to him says, "They can't, if they do they'll shoot it right into the other teram's shins--possibly cauing a shorthanded breakaway. New fan acknowledges and stores this nugget of information.

Bandwagonner yells, "SHOOT!!!!!" Guy next to him say s thsame thing, Bandwagonner tells him no one was talking to him and continues to yell "SHOOT!!!" on all subsequent powerplays

From personal experience, I couldn't agree more. I used to be the Bandwagonner yelling, then I was the New fan, and now I'm the guy next to him. All because of you guys.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And 300 Level seats for $8, man. Crazy times then. But wouldn't trade cheap tickets for their recent, current, and future success.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And 300 Level seats for $8, man. Crazy times then. But wouldn't trade cheap tickets for their recent, current, and future success.

Good thing there's still one place in town where tickets are still that cheap, although I'm not aloud to mention where.

Status
Not open for further replies.