Words from Jon Bostic

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As much as anyone hates on any defensive players(especially younger guys), I'm going to reserve judgement until after I see them play a full season under Fangio. I kind of think Mel Tucker was the biggest problem with our defense the last couple of years. We'll see.

Liked Posts:
The physical and athletic traits are there. What separates the good from the great LB's or even the bad from the good? Instincts. That and he gets caught in the wash. Not very savy in close quarters.

We'll soon see because the Mel Tucker affect excuse is no more.

Put Cris Borland's instincts in Bostics body and he would be a perennial all pro.

Perfectly stated. Personally, I think Christuin Jones and Foster end up being the starters inside. Bostic might come in for Foster in some sub packages but I doubt he earns a ton of playing time.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would love to actually see ANY proof that this conversation actually took place. There is almost nothing in here that I believe came out of his mouth.

Players almost NEVER bash their previous HC. Especially a guy that is still coaching.

And for the record, he was paid 300K of 1.2 mil signing bonus when he signed his contract. So... No. I'm not buying this.

Let's not say we did. He's a Bear afterall, and we don't need to be the reason he has to pay now. Talk about hating the fanbase.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Thanks. Wasn't doubting you read it.

Still not buying Bostic said these things.

I think the guy also posted a picture of himself with Bostic. That really does nothing to confirm these specific quotes, of course. Seems like he did meet Bostic though. Someone would have to be pretty pathetic to meet a player, take pics with him, and then make up a bunch of bullshit for no good reason. Lots of people are very pathetic though, so it is certainly possible.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
lol why'd you go from loving him to hating him. The man was a beast.

I thought we were marshallbros

Because he is extraordinarily stupid. How have you not seen this Johnny????

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Ray Lewis ranted about it on his radio show for sometime after losing Saragosa up front. Its no secret Inside backers prefer to be able run free and make plays.

Whoa Ray Lewis said that? Too bad he actually had the skills and desire to actually play at a physical level and take on and dispatch blockers ala Briggs.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I think the great train has left the building on Bostic, and I am just hoping he can be a quality multi-yr starter at this point. Not everyone is going to be Urlacher or Briggs folks, we were very lucky for a long time. Also the age of the dominant ILB/MLB has pretty much passed. You don't need a world beater inside in a 3/4 to be a great defense.

Dude, Borland is an Ohio kid and people were talking about him in H.S....that guy was a monster from day one back in Wisconsin. Just a machine; crazy to see him retire, but it's his body and his life and I respect him passing up so much money for what he truly wants out of life.

I don't expect Bostic to be Urlacher or Briggs, I merely expect a former second round pick to play as well as or better than Nick Roach or Darryl Sharpton, is that too much to ask?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
lol why'd you go from loving him to hating him. The man was a beast.

I thought we were marshallbros

Because regardless of what bostic said, a lot of others point differently to a egoistic prick who left our Bears to(shocker) go to NY and play with the shitty jets.

Brandon fooled me and man others than he was all about the passion, the sport, chicago, etc.

And when I said fooled, he spoke so much of loving it here but found a way to BITCH to his new bosses in their first meeting that he still wanted to fly every damn week to NY.'uh, no dude..
If you cared and wanted it to work here in Chicago you wouldn't have threatened and wanted to beat up radio hosts, fans and go a nutjob weird rant of nothing during the season.

Oh, and get yourself on the injury report during Packers week because you don't fly back from Ny til a damn Thursday.

Fuck Marshall and fuck his TV show. It sucks.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Because regardless of what bostic said, a lot of others point differently to a egoistic prick who left our Bears to(shocker) go to NY and play with the shitty jets.

He got traded, not really his choice

Brandon fooled me and man others than he was all about the passion, the sport, chicago, etc.

And when I said fooled, he spoke so much of loving it here but found a way to BITCH to his new bosses in their first meeting that he still wanted to fly every damn week to NY.'uh, no dude..
If you cared and wanted it to work here in Chicago you wouldn't have threatened and wanted to beat up radio hosts, fans and go a nutjob weird rant of nothing during the season.

Oh, and get yourself on the injury report during Packers week because you don't fly back from Ny til a damn Thursday.

Fuck Marshall and fuck his TV show. It sucks.

Yeah he hated it so much that he is keeping a house in Chicago and wants to raise his kids in Chicago...what a prick.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah he hated it so much that he is keeping a house in Chicago and wants to raise his kids in Chicago...what a prick.

Chicago initially was his first choice, but after more research he decided to go with St Louis.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He got traded, not really his choice

Leave it to Special person Boy to not know what the hell is going on.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Leave it to Special person Boy to not know what the hell is going on.

Ask Aaron Leming , dickhead.

Also ask Kaplan, both on Twitter both have more information than your fat jobba the hut ass.

Marshall was traded because he was a piece of shit.

How funny he gets traded to the one place be bitched about needing to go to once a week

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
Lolwhat?

I really don't get the hate for Bostic. Maybe it is bc people are tying him to some expectations they had for him when he was drafted highly, but overall he is still young, had a better yr last yr (especially the end of the yr) than the yr before and now gets a fresh start with a new/talented defensive staff.

Why the negativity? I just don't get it....I always thought he looked the part of an ILB in a 3/4 and now he gets he chance and he just turned 24.
The guy is a run and smash type of backer...gotta love it. All the mental stuff will come in time.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Would love to actually see ANY proof that this conversation actually took place. There is almost nothing in here that I believe came out of his mouth.

Players almost NEVER bash their previous HC. Especially a guy that is still coaching.

And for the record, he was paid 300K of 1.2 mil signing bonus when he signed his contract. So... No. I'm not buying this.
Don't they start getting paid during the actually season? If so then the money makes sense