Words from Jon Bostic

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A guy on the Bear's subreddit, user ClintEastwood41, ran into Bostic and this is what Bostic had to say.

Here is the quick rundown of what he had to say:

He was very excited to be rid of Trestman and get John Fox in

He supports Jay Cutler as he's a good guy but he is a bit different

He said the Defense is going to be much better this year, they already have a lot more defensive plays installed than with Trestman and they are not even done installing everything yet.

Said he is playing inside linebacker and it doesn't matter which side he's on

He said he is excited to play behind Eddie goldman because he is large it gives him the freedom to "dance around freely behind him".

Said Brandon Marshall was NOT a problem in the locker room at all, he said he was a great teammate and surprisingly really smart.

Said his favorite teammate was Kaseem Greene who is now with Tampa

All in all he came across very nice and friendly and down to earth. He was not as big as I had imagined in my head of a starting NFL linebacker.

Edit: 1 more thing, he also told a story about how right away when he became a Bear he hit somebody and was fined $21,000 and he hadn't even been paid that much money yet."

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He missed camp this spring and about 6 games or so last season because of a bad back. If his back isn't healthy ...... GO AWAY

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
He missed camp this spring and about 6 games or so last season because of a bad back. If his back isn't healthy ...... GO AWAY

Lolwhat?

I really don't get the hate for Bostic. Maybe it is bc people are tying him to some expectations they had for him when he was drafted highly, but overall he is still young, had a better yr last yr (especially the end of the yr) than the yr before and now gets a fresh start with a new/talented defensive staff.

Why the negativity? I just don't get it....I always thought he looked the part of an ILB in a 3/4 and now he gets he chance and he just turned 24.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
was that the pre season hit he was talking about. Don't remember who or what team but I remember it being a good hit that they fined him for.

yeah, san diego, preseason. it was a little wide receiver coming back across the flat on a bubble screen and he just blew him up. come to think of it that could have been royal? but i don't think it was

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
i watched one of the bulls/cavs game with a dude who was a coach at Florida when bostic was there. had to ask him what he thought of him, he said:

"oh i liked him. good kid. came to work, didn't say shit, earned it."

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked the guy too, but he has back problems and has missed significant playing time last season and couldn't attend camp this spring because of his back issues.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
My favorite part of this conversation is where he admits he doesn't like taking on blockers.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Lolwhat?

I really don't get the hate for Bostic. Maybe it is bc people are tying him to some expectations they had for him when he was drafted highly, but overall he is still young, had a better yr last yr (especially the end of the yr) than the yr before and now gets a fresh start with a new/talented defensive staff.

Why the negativity? I just don't get it....I always thought he looked the part of an ILB in a 3/4 and now he gets he chance and he just turned 24.

The physical and athletic traits are there. What separates the good from the great LB's or even the bad from the good? Instincts. That and he gets caught in the wash. Not very savy in close quarters.

We'll soon see because the Mel Tucker affect excuse is no more.

Put Cris Borland's instincts in Bostics body and he would be a perennial all pro.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
The physical and athletic traits are there. What separates the good from the great LB's or even the bad from the good? Instincts. That and he gets caught in the wash. Not very savy in close quarters.

We'll soon see because the Mel Tucker affect excuse is no more.

Put Cris Borland's instincts in Bostics body and he would be a perennial all pro.

I think the great train has left the building on Bostic, and I am just hoping he can be a quality multi-yr starter at this point. Not everyone is going to be Urlacher or Briggs folks, we were very lucky for a long time. Also the age of the dominant ILB/MLB has pretty much passed. You don't need a world beater inside in a 3/4 to be a great defense.

Dude, Borland is an Ohio kid and people were talking about him in H.S....that guy was a monster from day one back in Wisconsin. Just a machine; crazy to see him retire, but it's his body and his life and I respect him passing up so much money for what he truly wants out of life.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
me and desbro go way back. go make another cutler thread so i can report it.

Sorry, Cutler threads are Bear related since Cutler is a Bear. I have had to explain this to Scoot five or.six times .

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think the great train has left the building on Bostic, and I am just hoping he can be a quality multi-yr starter at this point. Not everyone is going to be Urlacher or Briggs folks, we were very lucky for a long time. Also the age of the dominant ILB/MLB has pretty much passed. You don't need a world beater inside in a 3/4 to be a great defense.

Dude, Borland is an Ohio kid and people were talking about him in H.S....that guy was a monster from day one back in Wisconsin. Just a machine; crazy to see him retire, but it's his body and his life and I respect him passing up so much money for what he truly wants out of life.
Almost every good to dominant 3-4 that I can think of has either a good tandem Mike/Jack or at least one probowl/ all pro caliber type.

At the very least, the bears need to find a good solid Tandem inside within the next two years.

I never had lofty expectations for Bostic because I never seen that "it" factor in any major aspect of his play on the field at Florida.

His speed is the only thing that stood out.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
A guy on the Bear's subreddit, user ClintEastwood41, ran into Bostic and this is what Bostic had to say.

Here is the quick rundown of what he had to say:

He was very excited to be rid of Trestman and get John Fox in

He supports Jay Cutler as he's a good guy but he is a bit different

He said the Defense is going to be much better this year, they already have a lot more defensive plays installed than with Trestman and they are not even done installing everything yet.

Said he is playing inside linebacker and it doesn't matter which side he's on

He said he is excited to play behind Eddie goldman because he is large it gives him the freedom to "dance around freely behind him".

Said Brandon Marshall was NOT a problem in the locker room at all, he said he was a great teammate and surprisingly really smart.

Said his favorite teammate was Kaseem Greene who is now with Tampa

All in all he came across very nice and friendly and down to earth. He was not as big as I had imagined in my head of a starting NFL linebacker.

Edit: 1 more thing, he also told a story about how right away when he became a Bear he hit somebody and was fined $21,000 and he hadn't even been paid that much money yet."

Would love to actually see ANY proof that this conversation actually took place. There is almost nothing in here that I believe came out of his mouth.

Players almost NEVER bash their previous HC. Especially a guy that is still coaching.

And for the record, he was paid 300K of 1.2 mil signing bonus when he signed his contract. So... No. I'm not buying this.