After this season what type of moves would you like the Blackhawks to make?

TCD

Liked Posts:
Oh yah the Canadian dollar is so strong right now. The cap is going to be 50 bucks.

Just move the fucking canadian teams to the states and problem solved. Fucking stupid league

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
I'd dump Bickell for a bag of pucks. If someone wants Crow's salary, I'd roll with Darling and Raanta. Sharpie's gotta go, too.

How much does that save?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'd dump Bickell for a bag of pucks. If someone wants Crow's salary, I'd roll with Darling and Raanta. Sharpie's gotta go, too.

How much does that save?

Well more than enough so you'd have money to spend on Veterans that Q would then play all year over the young depth.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
yeah, lets go with two rookie goalies, one of which lost his starter spot on the Icehogs.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
yeah, lets go with two rookie goalies, one of which lost his starter spot on the Icehogs.

It's going to be an off year anyway. They went with an inexperienced Crawford and a god-awful, over the hill Marty Turco in 2010/11.

If you don't like Raanta, sign a vet. I'm fine with Darling.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

He never had the starter spot.. almost all season long every other game was played by Leighton. Neither Raanta nor Darling were ever the starter over Leighton

TCD

Liked Posts:
It's going to be an off year anyway. They went with an inexperienced Crawford and a god-awful, over the hill Marty Turco in 2010/11.

If you don't like Raanta, sign a vet. I'm fine with Darling.

Crawford did his 5 years of duty on the farm and the AHL grooming and learning. Neither Darling or Raanta have gone through the system and the grooming process that Crawford did. There was a reason Crawford was kept on the farm and the organisation stuck with him. He was an solid junior hockey goalie and the org was smart enough to take their time with him instead of going the normal Hawks road with goalies and buying them off the market. There is still a lot to be said about grooming goalies from within and I believe strongly that it has paid off with Crawford. Haven't had a goalie like him since Belfour.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Crawford did his 5 years of duty on the farm and the AHL grooming and learning. Neither Darling or Raanta have gone through the system and the grooming process that Crawford did. There was a reason Crawford was kept on the farm and the organisation stuck with him. He was an solid junior hockey goalie and the org was smart enough to take their time with him instead of going the normal Hawks road with goalies and buying them off the market. There is still a lot to be said about grooming goalies from within and I believe strongly that it has paid off with Crawford. Haven't had a goalie like him since Belfour.

I hear you, but the team needs to shed salary. I honestly love Darling's game, too, even though the sample size is smaller. Might be time to take a risk, and I really don't think's it's a terrible one.

grenade007

Liked Posts:
Size, defense, and a time machine that prevents us from signing Timonen

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Size, defense, and a time machine that prevents us from signing Timonen

Here ya go:

stephen_johns.jpg

TCD

Liked Posts:
Bickell buyout is probably #1.

I do think he is tradeable believe it or not. I know thats a really bold thing to say with his cap hit but creativity can make it happen. Think Stan may have to include him in a package of sorts but it can be done. If not and if the buy out is there (is that an option?) then yah maybe have to look into that. Does Bickell have a No Movement Clause like 80% of the roster?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I do think he is tradeable believe it or not. I know thats a really bold thing to say with his cap hit but creativity can make it happen. Think Stan may have to include him in a package of sorts but it can be done. If not and if the buy out is there (is that an option?) then yah maybe have to look into that. Does Bickell have a No Movement Clause like 80% of the roster?

Any GM that has watched these playoffs says...go fuck yourself. He has a NMC. They can but him out. Cost is 1M, 2M, 2M, 1M. Take a 4M cap hit with Bickell on the roster, or waste 1M to see him gone. Easy decision. See ya Bickell. Any league minimum asshole can provide what he does at this point.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Well then you stick him in a box and you send him to the Flyers who owe us payback for giving up the 2 picks for Timo. They like big guys that can't skate. Sure Bicks would love Philli also.

Yah buy the slug out if not

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Brandon Bollig was traded for a third-round pick. Bickell is not unmovable.

Bollig didn't have negative value. Reasonable contract, short term.... The type of player some teams like... Nobody needs a guy like Bickell. Not even the Icehogs.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bollig didn't have negative value. Reasonable contract, short term.... The type of player some teams like... Nobody needs a guy like Bickell. Not even the Icehogs.

Brandon Bollig's negative value comes from his abilities in the game of hockey that don't include fighting.