After this season what type of moves would you like the Blackhawks to make?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Brandon Bollig's negative value comes from his abilities in the game of hockey that don't include fighting.

At this point I would take Bollig over Bickell. Yeah, I said it. At least Bollig would be on the 4th line. Which is the ONLY place Bickell belongs right now, if he's going to play.

He is still getting fucking PP time? More ES time than Hossa, Shaw, Richards tonight???? A few seconds less than Sharp and Saad? Give me a fucking break.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I think there are systems out there that Bickell fits into. Not sure how comfy Rocky is with buy outs, most owners prefer not to take part in that shit. Isn't an easy trade but the bright spot is I think you have the option of trading him inner conference or even division without it being a threat lol. So the more options the better. May have to take trouble back though in return which isn't a nice thought.

Its only 2 seasons with the 4 mill cap hit. Not like teams are going to have to take on a long term contract. As i have said before I will never say never again when it comes to any trades. Seen ones that I would have never thought possible before. I do however have little faith in Stan as a creative nor intelligent hockey GM. But that's a different story for a different day. Hard pressed to ever make me a Stan fan. he is responsible for the Bickell cap shit show in the first place.

I shouldnt be discussing next year anyways..still a cup to win this year. Hawks arent out yet maybe Bickell goes on a scoring rampage the next 2 games of the Ducks series and blows peoples heads off in the cup final!!!

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Crawford did his 5 years of duty on the farm and the AHL grooming and learning. Neither Darling or Raanta have gone through the system and the grooming process that Crawford did. There was a reason Crawford was kept on the farm and the organisation stuck with him. He was an solid junior hockey goalie and the org was smart enough to take their time with him instead of going the normal Hawks road with goalies and buying them off the market. There is still a lot to be said about grooming goalies from within and I believe strongly that it has paid off with Crawford. Haven't had a goalie like him since Belfour.

Crawford has managed to keep his inconsistent label intact...time to consider other options.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Crawford has managed to keep his inconsistent label intact...time to consider other options.

GIF--Nope-No-way-Nah-stare-eating-despair-no-GIF.gif

hester247

Liked Posts:
players on next yrs roster????

Toews, Kane, Shaw, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Seabrook, Darling, Teravainen, Panarin, TVR, Saad, Kruger,..who else is going to be the roster

supraman

Liked Posts:
anyone not named Hossa and Sharp plz

supraman

Liked Posts:
i wouldnt mind Hossa back but Q, Crawford, Sharp, and Bickell all need to go

No we need a new leader in overhyped nothing. Seriously Hossa was supposed to be awesome and sure he's had moments of hockey genius but overall he is the most average superstar in the history of ever.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sharp and Bickell should go, besides that you can't have players doing other players wives.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My thoughts:

1st: Get rid of Bickell even if it means we net nothing more than a 6th rounder. Some GM out there will be mesmerized by ZOMGYOUCANNOTTEACHSIZEBBQ.

2nd: Sign saad for a 4M or less bridger.

3rd: Jettison Sharp. His NTC is less stringent than Crawford's and wingers have more options/team than goalies. Some team on the cusp will likley take him that doesn't violate his NTC. It's definitly possible.

From there you entertain anything of opportunity. Crawford will be difficult to move concerning his NTC and the fact that there are few teams willing to take on a long-term high-value contract, but if the right deal comes along it might be worth it--if not no biggie: Darling is likley going to have more starts next year regardless. Hossa's difficult because of the recapture penalty...if he moves off the team it's going to be a move that he wants to make. If not all he has to do is retire and the 'hawks are in a case of Deep Hurting™ Toews, Kane, and Keith are untouchable. Seabrook is an outside shot because there's no effective replacement.

Essentially all the team has to do is clear the cap. Bickell and Sharp should make this work even taking Saad into account @4M.

Oh, and every d-man not resigned through next year should be gone. No resigning Rosival, Runblad, Timmo, or Oduya.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
With the way Sharp has been handled by Q this season, he may very well waive that NTC to get out of here. I would not be surprised in the least.

Hossa will retire here. Period. I'm not sure why people don't understand that. The recapture penalty makes it literally impossible for the Hawks to trade him. They HAVE TO control when he hangs up the skates, and it will be because of his back injuries. If he reties before that contract is over, the Hawks would be completely and utterly fucked.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the way Sharp has been handled by Q this season, he may very well waive that NTC to get out of here. I would not be surprised in the least.

Hossa will retire here. Period. I'm not sure why people don't understand that. The recapture penalty makes it literally impossible for the Hawks to trade him. They HAVE TO control when he hangs up the skates. If he reties before that contract is over, the Hawks would be completely and utterly fucked.

They will have Hossa pull a Pronger. Go on LTIR if he's unable to live that deal to its close.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Hossa's contract would be no problem if the Hawks could make the NHL popular enough in America that 5Mil becomes an insignificant figure in the cap.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hossa's contract would be no problem if the Hawks could make the NHL popular enough in America that 5Mil becomes an insignificant figure in the cap.

McD as the next commish.
No joke there.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Hossa's cap hit isn't a big issue at the time. Also, in the future, he would be perfect for a team that needs to get to the cap floor but doesn't want to spend the money to get there. He will practically be getting paid 1/5th of his cap hit.

When it comes to players with NTC/NMC...I'm not concerned. Plenty of players before have been traded when they held one in their contract. When you get the feeling that a team doesn't want you, doesn't want to utilize you, doesn't want to help you get that next contract...you probably don't want to be there anyways. Guys like Bickell, Sharp, Crawford, or whoever it may be are all certainly tradeable. May take a little more work but it can be done.