FRESH LEGS!l!!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
quenneville.jpg

Judging by this pic, he was PUMPED UP tonight!!

Sup Hawks Fans! Just wanted to come in here and give OFFICIAL props to Q for a great coaching decision benching Vermette last game.

I know all you were crying about and calling for Q's head because you're all better coaches and stuff.

I guess this demonstrates why one of the most winningest coaches in NHL history SHOULDN'T be questioned.

You really think Vermette has momentum and speed like that in 2OT if he played the whole game on Thursday? NO WAY!

Also PROPS to Bigfoot for the Vermette OT #calledit

TCD

Liked Posts:
Gotta bench two guys for Mondays game. Im going with Keith and Seabrook they must be gassed. Runblad and TVR time.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Keith and Seabrook will have monster games in game 6 though after that rest!

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

Agreed... I wish DMelt would post in more current threads. Rather than necrobump old threads from 2.5 days ago.

Variable

Liked Posts:

Fuck, why not bench them for the next two games. It'll pay dividends by the time they play Game 8.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Hahaha, it proves the opposite correct. It's funny because the OP believes the reverse is true

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If you guys believe that by "fresh legs," Q meant he was saving Vermette for the next game and not that he was getting guys off the ice that game in favor of other guys with fresher legs, I don't know how I can help you.

But some people want to twist it to mean he was seeing into the future and wanted Vermette et al more for Game 4 than Game 3. That's preposterous.

In fact, couldn't someone just as easily say, "See!! Why did you sit Vermette in Game 3?? We could've used him. He could've contributed."?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
For full context:

“Well, we just wanted to get some fresh legs in there. We felt that (Versteeg) had never played over a long stretch in the last series, we wanted to get him back in there,” said Quenneville. “You know, tough game the other day, travel. We wanted to bring some new guys in.”

Adun

Liked Posts:
Calm down, it was sarcasm, keep up with the times

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
fucking meatballs man, I swear

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dafuq Grimson? This goes against everything you taught me about the hockey. Da. Fuq.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This board is so full of strange thoughts, my sarcasm meter is apparently useless here

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
This board is so full of strange thoughts, my sarcasm meter is apparently useless here

There is no sarcasm at all. Had Vermette played in Game 3, he would have been gassed by the middle of 2OT in Game 4. No Chance he makes that play with an additional full 60 minutes he would have played in Game 3.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There is no sarcasm at all. Had Vermette played in Game 3, he would have been gassed by the middle of 2OT in Game 4. No Chance he makes that play with an additional full 60 minutes he would have played in Game 3.

Good point. Thank god the Hawks lost Game 3. Otherwise, they wouldn't have won Game 4.