What will next years team look like?

MatthewLPowers

Liked Posts:
With Thibs almost certainly on his way out, the supposed tension between butler and rose, what do you think next year's team will look like? We dont have much cap room, gasol, noah and taj all a year older and a new rose that NEEDS to turn into a better shooter if he isnt going to be as aggressive as he once was.

Do the bulls take a big step back next year or will GarPax makes some moves to keep us in contention?

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
The beef is BS. Also, why wouldn't Derrick get better? Another year post surgery is great for him.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the same with Hoiberg and Gerald Green (heard on realgm that they are interested in him)

Taj may get moved to free up time for Nikola

Liked Posts:
As always, there will be a lot of white guys.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
the same with Hoiberg and Gerald Green (heard on realgm that they are interested in him)

Taj may get moved to free up time for Nikola

oh really? gee, I wonder who could have mentioned the bulls potential interest in him months ago :smug:

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
If they change coaches or not the roster is probably close to the same. Not too much to trade that other teams would be interested in or that would bring much in return. I don't see any other team paying Dunleavy at his age and skill set any more than the Bulls, I would be up for trading Snell if they could get something for him. With Noah's injury history and Gasol's age I would just as soon keep Taj. Brooks probably moves on, like those before him he can score but at the 1 he just doesn't run the offense very well. I think getting that type of backup point guard has run its' curse with the Bulls.

Best case would be a new coach who would be willing to have a lineup/rotation of

McDermott Dunleavy
Mirotic Gibson
Noah Gasol
Butler
Rose Hinrich Moore

Sign a couple of bigger 2 guards who can shoot which allows for Butler to move to be a backup 3 when needed, bigger 2 guards help keep Hinrich in the sole role of backup point guard where he doesn't have to shoot as much.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gerald Green would be a great pickup.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
oh really? gee, I wonder who could have mentioned the bulls potential interest in him months ago :smug:
Makes more sense to get him now than trading whatever it was to get him at the deadline. Think that point was made back then too. :smug2:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think the team is basically going to be the same just minus Dunleavy and possibly Taj. I want to see Snell in that starting role.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the team is basically going to be the same just minus Dunleavy and possibly Taj. I want to see Snell in that starting role.
In that scenario, Snell is definitely the best option to start at the 2/3 based on who we have now. If we do indeed get Hoiberg, I should hope that he is able to bring the best out of him and McBuckets

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Makes more sense to get him now than trading whatever it was to get him at the deadline. Think that point was made back then too. :smug2:

ha and look what waiting did...got us bounced in the 2nd round. would green have changed that? who knows....but again its time for garpax to show a lil balls and go for it while the window is still open barely

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ha and look what waiting did...got us bounced in the 2nd round. would green have changed that? who knows....but again its time for garpax to show a lil balls and go for it while the window is still open barely
I stand by my thought that Gerald Green is no difference maker. Solid player, but he doesn't get us past Cleveland the way we were playing. He could've even been red hot from 3 and I still don't think it would've mattered.

That said, I'm up for signing him since now we don't need to give up anything.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I stand by my thought that Gerald Green is no difference maker. Solid player, but he doesn't get us past Cleveland the way we were playing. He could've even been red hot from 3 and I still don't think it would've mattered.

That said, I'm up for signing him since now we don't need to give up anything.

well if you don't feel he is a difference maker then I wouldn't bother signing him this offseason either :shrug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well if you don't feel he is a difference maker then I wouldn't bother signing him this offseason either :shrug:
That would be fine too. He could fill a need, but there's other options as well.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That would be fine too. He could fill a need, but there's other options as well.

the issue is the bulls DONT have that many options. there is no realistic way of acquiring a "star" who will make a huge difference. they have to target the greens of the world, danny and Gerald, solid players who can start for the bulls but aren't going to come in and just light it up. guys who will score 12 a game, hit open shots, and play solid defense

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the issue is the bulls DONT have that many options. there is no realistic way of acquiring a "star" who will make a huge difference. they have to target the greens of the world, danny and Gerald, solid players who can start for the bulls but aren't going to come in and just light it up. guys who will score 12 a game, hit open shots, and play solid defense
This has been the case basically every offseason though. I am definitely not opposed to getting the Green's of the world. They would have a place on this team. But, like you said, they're not stars, so they're not really game changers. It doesn't really matter who we get, so long as we have one. Of course, you can always hope that they turn into a Draymond Green and become a game changer...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
In that scenario, Snell is definitely the best option to start at the 2/3 based on who we have now. If we do indeed get Hoiberg, I should hope that he is able to bring the best out of him and McBuckets

Snell greatly improved last season so I would hope he gets better. I just think he's a better option than Dunleavy at this point, especially after seeing our perimeter D against the Cavs. Hopefully he adds some bulk.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This has been the case basically every offseason though. I am definitely not opposed to getting the Green's of the world. They would have a place on this team. But, like you said, they're not stars, so they're not really game changers. It doesn't really matter who we get, so long as we have one. Of course, you can always hope that they turn into a Draymond Green and become a game changer...

I dunno, a guy like danny green and his 3 point shooting could be a game changer for the bulls. all you have to do is look at Cleveland and all their mid level players that are ripping and tearing away at everyone in the playoffs

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dunno, a guy like danny green and his 3 point shooting could be a game changer for the bulls. all you have to do is look at Cleveland and all their mid level players that are ripping and tearing away at everyone in the playoffs
Well you could just as easily replace Danny Green with Mike Dunleavy and have the same effect. Unless that role player is Kyle Korver, it's unlikely that having one specifically is going to put you in a better position than the other. And even with Korver you don't even know for sure if he'll come through in the playoffs. Was anyone really saying that Shumpert and Dellavedova would be what put the Cavs over the top? Credit to the Cavs for doing what they're doing, but it doesn't necessarily have to be those specific guys.

All this to say, we don't specifically need Danny Green or Gerald Green or whoever...but we do need players who can do what they do. At the end of the day, they're just 3&D guys. They fill a role and a need, but it can be anyone who fits that profile.